rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Destruction of Language Thread

We are essentially monkeys without language. As our culture throttles towards insanity, our language gets warped and destroyed.

Use this thread to post examples of this.

First up, everybody on here's favorite word:

"Creepy"

Thanks to feminism, we are now using creepy to describe our children!

Here are a few abused words that are not used correctly.

Epic
Trifling
Whatever
Really
Hope
Change
Justice
Misogyny
Racist
Gay
Faggot

Privilege
"I could care less"
Nice
Rape
Literally
sarcasm in general

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Misogynistic.

A word that has expanded from meaning "of or relating to a hatred of women" to "of or relating to a belief in differences between the sexes," and now it means something like "of or relating to hurting anyone's PC-feminist sensibilities."

Maturity.

I thought it meant being fully developed or fully grown, but according to what I see in mainstream newspapers and magazines, it apparently means jettisoning adventures and freedom to devote my life to catering to the whims of a cankerous female past her prime.

Baking soda.

Before taking "The Red Pill" I thought baking soda was just a common name for sodium carbonate, NaHCO3, occasionally used as a leavening agent in cooking. However, I have since learned that it is a magical elixir of sorts that can be leveraged in varied applications, from shirt-cleaning to underarm deodorant.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Fireman - firefighter
Fisherman - fisher
Freshman - "first-year student" (sounds like something out of hogwarts)
Repairman - maintenance technician

I've taken it upon myself to put "man" into more words to counteract this trend. Gonna go read some manlightening manformation in the classifieds.

Quote: (04-29-2013 10:42 PM)Hades Wrote:  

Fireman - firefighter
Fisherman - fisher
Repairman - maintenance technician

I've taken it upon myself to put "man" into more words to counteract this trend. Gonna go read some manlightening manformation in the classifieds.

Interesting.. I've never noticed this.

Quote: (04-29-2013 10:06 PM)soup Wrote:  

We are essentially monkeys without language. As our culture throttles towards insanity, our language gets warped and destroyed.

Use this thread to post examples of this.

4 hvns sake lols what u mean dat ur langge is dstryd evrydy we txtng megalolz FTW WTF im afta mah chzbrgr c u l8a

This is by no means original, but I propose restricting "Freshmen" to refer to first-year guys, and instead use "Fresh Meat" to refer to first-year girls.

This both preserves the etymology, and more properly conveys the role of eighteen year-old girls in the ecosystem that is a college campus.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Yeah, what's really fucked up are examples where the media uses "firefighter" when it would have been much more accurate to say "fireman".

Such as when the world trade centers went down and all the firefighters who lost their lives in the inferno.

Look at the list and you'll quickly learn that they're all dudes.

“I have a very simple rule when it comes to management: hire the best people from your competitors, pay them more than they were earning, and give them bonuses and incentives based on their performance. That’s how you build a first-class operation.”
― Donald J. Trump

If you want some PDF's on bodyweight exercise with little to no equipment, send me a PM and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

I think the worst is all the garbage terms that feminists and their ilk have completely made up.

Cisgender
Heteronormative
Genderqueer
Pansexual

The other list would be common words reduced to baby talk by white girls. The most egregious example is cray-cray. Others include vom and delish.

People interjecting redundant words or phrases into their speech needlessly.

I'm guilty of this from time to time.

People that start of a sentence with, "So basically..." or "Essentially..." or "In my opinion..." or "So what I'm saying is..."

There's a lot of fluff. It takes practice but it's amazing the difference in response you get when you actively use direct language that's free of that bullshit.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (04-29-2013 10:59 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

I think the worst is all the garbage terms that feminists and their ilk have completely made up.

Cisgender
Heteronormative
Genderqueer
Pansexual

The other list would be common words reduced to baby talk by white girls. The most egregious example is cray-cray. Others include vom and delish.
cis-male is the worst of all of those.

I've actually heard "pansexual" or "postgendered" people knock not just heteros but also gay people for being "close minded"

Take a guess as to whether or not the person who said that was man or woman [Image: biggrin.gif]

Here's a hint: which gender is the most solipsistic and isn't able to comprehend a way of existing that is different from their own so they have to attack it out of fear?

lolwut? :-)

seriously though, I catch myself using "text speak"in live conversation, e.g., "Idk" or "brb".

Quote: (04-29-2013 10:53 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

This is by no means original, but I propose restricting "Freshmen" to refer to first-year guys, and instead use "Fresh Meat" to refer to first-year girls.

This both preserves the etymology, and more properly conveys the role of eighteen year-old girls in the ecosystem that is a college campus.

I think they should just call it "Freshmen."

At least they are calling it "Freshmyn"

Classic Carlin bit on euphemisms:

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Is the destruction of language deliberate? And if so why?

Quote: (04-29-2013 11:13 PM)kbell Wrote:  

Is the destruction of language deliberate? And if so why?

If you see language as being part of some controlling patriarchy thing, than yes, I'm sure their are feminists out there trying to rip it apart.

Suzie Friedan was born Suzie Friedman.

This thread is relevant to the book I'm reading 1984. They talk about big brother trying and cutting down the vocabulary to very few words in that book.

Great thread brahs !

- " I knooooow right ? " white & asian girl thing mostly.

- I could care less instead of I couldn't care less

- " Well , that is your opinion "... of course it is my opinion ! You are talking to me.

- This front desk woman wouldn't let me into my Gym because I forgot my membership card but has seen me at least 10 times ! When i confronted her about it she said " It is what it is". Wooow bitch ... very profound !

- The word Amazing ! Went to Starbucks with my sister and ordered her some fancy $6 shit i don't know how to pronounce. She tasted it ... then handed over the cup and said " taste it , it's pretty Amazing".

- "I'm like" instead of "I said"
- " That's a no brainer"
- Baby Daddy , Baby Mama ... just horrible
-Cool beans ... why beans ? Why not steak or bacon or sushi ?
- You go girl ... dealbreaker for me
- Foodie ... (Mostly a hipster thing).
- Free Gift ... Of course it is free, it's a gift !
- BBW ... ugly and fat

Worst of all

- YES WE CAN

Quote: (04-29-2013 11:25 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

This thread is relevant to the book I'm reading 1984. They talk about big brother trying and cutting down the vocabulary to very few words in that book.

[Image: newspeak.jpg?w=584]

Many posts in this thread are very pertinent to this discussion:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-13376.html

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

The word 'like'...unfortunately, I've caught myself using it as well. I hate it, just a fluff word that adds nothing to what you're saying and makes you sound like an idiot.

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

How about the destruction of humor? HuffPo apparently runs this piece about the funniest tweets by women in a given week.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/24...more293335

I grinned at the "Lean in" one because it's so stupid.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Phobia which is normally a rather nasty psychological fear of something. To the point it effects everyday life. Like claustrophobia (fear of tight places) where a person would go out of their way to avoid being in enclosed tight spaces.

Its now used as a political term to bash opposing view points. The people throwing out these terms are also not psychologist as well.

Homophobic
Islamophobic

Those are the more popular ones I can think of. Granted they use an ic rather than ia at the end of the word.