rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Surfin' & Spanish

Surfin' & Spanish

afternoon Gents

So - post break-up, i'm now once more on the path of self-improvement and masculine ambition.

On my to-do list (besides finishing college): learn spanish fluently (to be followed by the remaining western european languages) and learn to surf.

I'm taking night-school for spanish here, but come feb-apr, i wanna pack my bags and go someplace for 4-8 weeks to learn both spanish and surfing and/or diving.

I am young and poor, so i'm budgetting about usd 1500-2000 for everything after plane tickets.

Where should I go to get the most bang for my buck, avoid too many tourists and to learnt the lingo?

This forum looks great. Thanks in advance for the tips.

/RG

Surfin' & Spanish

Quote: (07-07-2010 05:22 AM)rumguzzler Wrote:  

I am young and poor, so i'm budgetting about usd 1500-2000 for everything after plane tickets.

Only spanish speaking countries I can think of that will not bust your budget is Honduras/Costa Rica/Dominican Republic. Any other Spanish-speaking country will bust this budget, and fast.

Surfin' & Spanish

yea, look to go to central america......

Surfin' & Spanish

Costa Rica is convenient to travel to as an American, but it is over run with American tourists, although there is great surf there, I'd recommend you don't go there if you want more of an "authentic" experience. El Salvador is kind of the wild west of Central America, and it is supposedly very untouristy with amazing surf, but it is very poor, somewhat sketchy, the women aren't that hot, and I doubt there is much of a party scene/nightlife. I'm not a surfer, but have traveled in C. America, and have lot's of surfer friends, from what you're looking for, you're best bet would be Bocas Del Toro in Panama, but really if you wanted to you could combine this with the Carribean coast of Costa Rica (Puerto Viejo) where there is also good surf, Bocas Del Toro I believe is only like 3 hours south of Puerto Viejo. I hear there is also good surf some spots in Nicaragua, although I have absolutely no idea where they are.

Surfin' & Spanish

Awesome. Central America fits the bill nicely.

Next issue is finding a place where I will actually avoid too many tourists (a few backpacking babes to bang is ok).

It's a long shot, but would it be best just to pick my destination, fly over there, and take it from there?