rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote:Quote:

After five years of dating, former NBA star Michael Jordan, 50, and his model-fiancée, Yvette Prieto, 35, made it official with a wedding in Palm Beach, Fla., on Saturday.

About 500 people arriving by tour buses piled into an Episcopal church called Bethesda-by-the Sea, where Donald Trump was married to Melania in 2005.

Jordan invited another 1,500 to join them for the reception at the Bears Club, a Jack Nicklaus-designed golf course community in Jupiter, Fla., where Jordan recently built a 38,000-square-foot home.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-d...42247.html

[Image: 142156422.jpg.jpg]

[Image: jordanwedding1.jpg.jpg]

[Image: jordanwedding2.jpg.jpg]

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote:Quote:

So, to recap, Michael Jordan's wedding reception occurred in a temporary tent larger than his own house, complete with bathrooms big enough to host a separate large wedding and a dance floor with its own lighting effects system. What an intimate affair!

In 2006, he split with Juanita, his wife of 17 years, in what Forbes called the costliest divorce ever.

This is Jordan's second marriage.

[Image: NR24kXK.gif]

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Michael Jordan's Wedding

I heard they're going to update this commercial to incorporate this line: "I've been marriage raped in historic, epic proportions, yet I continue to get married."

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Strong body, weak mind.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

I may take some flack for this but I think this is good for him. He's marrying a beautiful woman 15 years younger than him, he's obviously past the days of being in a different city every couple of nights like he was when he was playing, and he's got a pre-nup. Even though Mike has fame and a lot of money, he already has three kids, and seems like he's not interested in chasing ass until the day he drops dead. I think 45-50 is the ideal age for a guy like this to get married, if he ever decides to go that route.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-28-2013 06:49 PM)Blackmagic Wrote:  

I may take some flack for this but I think this is good for him. He's marrying a beautiful woman 15 years younger than him, he's obviously past the days of being in a different city every couple of nights like he was when he was playing, and he's got a pre-nup. Even though Mike has fame and a lot of money, he already has three kids, and seems like he's not interested in chasing ass until the day he drops dead. I think 45-50 is the ideal age for a guy like this to get married, if he ever decides to go that route.

I agree, who know's she might actually like him. The man has loads of money and obviously didn't suffer too much from his first divorce.
I would love to know how much her pre-nup is worth.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Michael Jordan's Wedding

This chick filed for bankruptcy a few years back.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

I think he is smart enough to realize she isn't a gold digger. 5 years of dating and she waited. I think he wanted to and he didn't get pressured into giving her the ring. Hopefully he found a cool chick he can get old with. I want to get married around that age to a 30+ yo Thai.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-28-2013 07:32 PM)TexasMade Wrote:  

I think he is smart enough to realize she isn't a gold digger. 5 years of dating and she waited. I think he wanted to and he didn't get pressured into giving her the ring. Hopefully he found a cool chick he can get old with. I want to get married around that age to a 30+ yo Thai.

of course she's a gold digger. 5 years of dating and she waited - you bet your ass she did - its Jordan !

at least he got a prenup and she's young.

next on her agenda..... a child - to lock in the man - if not the resources. - i give it year or less.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-28-2013 07:25 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I agree, who know's she might actually like him. The man has loads of money and obviously didn't suffer too much from his first divorce.

Cuban-Americans are some of the most prejudice people I've ever met.

They leave their Black relatives on the island to deal with a dictatorship, and come to the states to try to live as "whites" with privilege in Miami.

Since they come here with nothing, they collectively are poor, they can ignore one's blackness when the person's greeness exceeds their racial standing.

Bitches like Prieto, Sampedro, etc. rarely if ever come across the kind of money that Black athletes have, so they have no problem posting up with those types of Black men.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Wait wait wait.

So he dated a model 15 years his younger for 5 years, and now that he wants to get married, that makes him a chump?

Jordan can afford it. His net worth is estimated to be higher than Jay-Z's.

Don't judge the guy just because you can't afford to risk the things he'll never miss. The $168 million that his divorce was estimated to cost, was not even close to half of his shit. Plus they were married for 17 years.

You guys are talking about him like he's Kris Humphries.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Michael Jordan's Wedding

I believe that the problem most of us have with divorce is that it has the potential to ruin you financially. In MJ's case whatever money he had to pay to the ex he already made back, so he hasn't suffered financially at all.

The divorce: Michael Jordan Agrees on $168 Million Divorce Settlement

Current earnings:Jordan earned an estimated $80 million last year

With a solid prenup and future projected earnings he would still come out ahead financially.
  • No financial risk
  • Let's assume for sake of argument this will be a childless marriage, so no possibility of kids being held hostage or ridiculous sums of "child support"
  • His kids from previous marriage are adults
  • Apparently has a diverse financial portfolio to insulate himself from potential financial loss due to scandal (e.g. Tiger Woods)
In my estimation he stands only to gain. Anything lost can be easily replaced or compensated for.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

[Image: 780247.jpg]

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-28-2013 08:44 PM)jariel Wrote:  

Quote: (04-28-2013 07:25 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Cuban-Americans are some of the most prejudice people I've ever met.

They leave their Black relatives on the island to deal with a dictatorship, and come to the states to try to live as "whites" with privilege in Miami.

Since they come here with nothing, they collectively are poor, they can ignore one's blackness when the person's greeness exceeds their racial standing.

Bitches like Prieto, Sampedro, etc. rarely if ever come across the kind of money that Black athletes have, so they have no problem posting up with those types of Black men.

The ones on the island are generally speaking the same in that regard. Some places more so than others. You will see many more mixed couples in Havana but in a place like Holguin you will see next to none unless the guy is dating down. Though obviously as stated the greeness changes this perception. It's silly but it's culturally ingrained. In Havanas black men often have more money because there is a tendency for them to be the hustlers and the hustlers make substantially more than the office workers, so you'll see black men dating way up there frequently when you go out to nightclubs. Black/mixed men also dominate the music industry. 2 of my best friends in Holguin are black and the one whines about it all the time. I haven't seen him with a gf in the last 3 years despite being a typical good looking male, tall, good looking and with a good income for cuba. The other though goes out every night and makes stuff happen. He usually finds himself a relatively cute gf and hes not particularily good looking himself. (extremely short like 5'2) Personally I think its ridiculous.

Michael looks very happy in the picture and I'm sure hes been around the block enough for a hundred lifetimes. Shes never going to catch another fish like Michael so I mean I could see them lasting it out. Hes substantially more powerful and has a zillion times more status than her. If anything he leaves her. Plus I've always got the vibe that Michael has an alphaness / aura about him.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Isn't the inherent risk in marrying that she'll divorce you and take half? Like another poster said he makes about 80 mil annually which is more than he did as a player(about 30 million).

80 million is probably more than any one person could spend in a lifetime. He paid Juanita 168 million which is two years of "pay". He's made that back and then some in the time he's been dating the new girl. Another divorce won't bankrupt him and child support wouldn't either. In summation: as they in my old hood, divorce for MJ "is a small thing to a giant".

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-28-2013 09:49 PM)houston Wrote:  

For her to go from Julio Iglesias Jr., not Julio or Enrique, to MJ, the most famous athlete on the planet, even though he no longer plays, is a serious upgrade.

She's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Although it appears Julio snagged her when she was significantly better looking i mean those tits are magnificent.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-29-2013 01:34 AM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Although it appears Julio snagged her when she was significantly better looking i mean those tits are magnificent.

I was thinking the exact same thing [Image: banana.gif]

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-28-2013 09:40 PM)BLarsen Wrote:  

I believe that the problem most of us have with divorce is that it has the potential to ruin you financially. In MJ's case whatever money he had to pay to the ex he already made back, so he hasn't suffered financially at all.Michael Jordan Agrees on $168 Million Divorce Settlement

With a solid prenup and future projected earnings he would still come out ahead financially.

In my estimation he stands only to gain. Anything lost can be easily replaced or compensated for.

Your post is illogical.

In what universe is having to give your ex-wife $168 million not a LOSS. (especially when she did little or nothing to help earn it )

He has NOTHING to gain from marrying this woman. NOTHING.
there is nothing he will gain that he doent already have or cant get ffrom her her or any other woman

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-28-2013 09:08 PM)polymath Wrote:  

Wait wait wait.

So he dated a model 15 years his younger for 5 years, and now that he wants to get married, that makes him a chump?

Jordan can afford it. His net worth is estimated to be higher than Jay-Z's.

Don't judge the guy just because you can't afford to risk the things he'll never miss. The $168 million that his divorce was estimated to cost, was not even close to half of his shit. Plus they were married for 17 years.

You guys are talking about him like he's Kris Humphries.

Your post is illogical. $168 million is $168 million. it has been and is and will be missed. Period.

So what if he was married 17 years ??? - I get your point - he is not hurting for money, but that is not the point.

The point is that marriage is typically a major threat to the wealth of a man who has it. -

Michael Jordan's Wedding

Quote: (04-29-2013 12:48 AM)jariel Wrote:  

Quote: (04-28-2013 09:49 PM)houston Wrote:  

For her to go from Julio Iglesias Jr., not Julio or Enrique, to MJ, the most famous athlete on the planet, even though he no longer plays, is a serious upgrade.

She's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Upgrade only in money,,,,,she wouldn't even look at MJ if he had no status. Good for him for scoring a younger broad. However, I will say this its not gonna last. The age gap, cultural differences etc. money helps a whole lot, but I am pessimistic of the union.

Michael Jordan's Wedding

How long do you think it'll last?
5-10?
10-15?

Michael Jordan's Wedding

She is not bad looking but if i had half his money i would find someone at least 10 years younger.

"Go be fat on someone else's time."