rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recent Favorite Wines/Beers

Post up your recent favorite wine, beer that you discovered:

Inkerman Pinot Noir (Young Wine Collection)

(listed here- http://lk-wines.com/katalog/23/33/ ). 3.50 USD per bottle and good quality

I like the Riesling as well.

As for beers, the Ukr InBev made wheat beer "белый" is not bad. The best are locally made on tap brews with no brand. Fresh and crisp.

Wine - Super Tuscans
Beer - Rogue Dead Guy
Whiskey - John Sullivans

2007 Philippe Bornard Savagnin
[Image: 2841_1.jpg]

Awesome white wine from the small Jura region in france. Very unusual wines come from this region; whites tends to be oxidized, there's a very popular red called Poulsard that's lightly effervescent, reminiscent of pomegranate soda. Interesting shit. Region is also well known for Vin Jaune, similar to a dry sherry. Not cheap but worth trying at least once.

I've been on a burgundy kick lately. Burgundy white is almost always Chardonnay (sometimes Aligote, a lesser known/used variety). For anyone sick of the oaky, buttery, palate bombs that california produces, check these out. Also not cheap but some of the greatest wines on earth. Here's a few recent killers:

[Image: 1126387x.jpg]
Clos Reissier 2010 Pouilly Fuisse-again, you'd never know this was Chardonnay. Extremely subtle and smooth, very minerally and clean.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnR5IvYdKKjzmQbltlY20...pE3D3EDr63]
Merlin 2009 Macon- similarly smooth and minerally wine with notes of chestnut honey

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiK67x7wYR4FaxRW12aXE...cualMjNU__]
Olivier Leflaive 2009 Saint-Aubin 1er Cru-absolutely killer. The Leflaive family is very famous in Burgundy and Cotes de Beaune where Saint-Aubin is located. Subtle and complex all at once, notes of honey, herbs, figs. The best of the three.

Also been into Alsatian wines. Mostly whites. They produce a little Pinot Noir but it's not very noteworthy. Gotta be careful here as the whites are often sweeter without any indication on the bottle. Look for wines by Zind-Humbrecht, Meyer Fonne, and Domaine Weinbach. For Alsatians I typically go for Rieslings, Muscats, and Pinot Gris. The Gewurtztraminers tend to be sweet which isn't my thing, but a good Gewurtz from Meyer Fonne is pretty awesome, tastes like lychee juice. Sylvaners tend to be lean and not very interesting. Most people associate Muscat with sweet wines, but Muscats in Alsace tend to be produced in a dryer style. Give em a shot.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

[quote='thedude3737' pid='429622' dateline='1366907938']

Interesting recommendations.

I recently had an Aligote from nearby Moldova that I really enjoyed.

I'm in a region known for its very strong, very sweet wines. They're good if you like Port. I went to a wine tasting recently and learned to distinguish quality local wines, but at 18+% alcohol and 100+ grams/L sugar....they come on strong and take some getting used to.

what region would that be?

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

[Image: attachment.jpg11509]   

This stuff is mad strong, something like 12%
[Image: attachment.jpg11510]   

[Image: attachment.jpg11511]   

[Image: attachment.jpg11512]   

Angry Orchard Hard Cider

Not a big drinker but this goes good with my dinner at home.

Recently i almost become adicted to this:

[Image: tumblr_lvtkm2WfTZ1r7l3uio1_500.jpg]

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Quote: (04-25-2013 05:42 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

what region would that be?

Southeastern Europe.

The main vatietals I have access to are: Aligoté, Muscat, Isabella, Traminer, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Fetească, Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Rkatsiteli.

Most everything local is priced under 10 US dollars, except certain reserve bottles (20 year old stuff, etc).

Delete

Tikal Malbec

have had the 7s, 8s, and 9s. All very good.

a $20 bottle that tastes like a $100 bottle.

[Image: 22030_170w_358h.jpg]

Stolpman Syrah -- 2009

Cost -- low $20s. Another red that punches well above its weight.

[Image: 232065.jpg]

Quote: (04-25-2013 08:57 PM)murrb Wrote:  

Angry Orchard Hard Cider

Not a big drinker but this goes good with my dinner at home.

Try JK Scrumpy's hard cider. It tastes like you are biting into an apple. Plus it is USDA certified organic.

For an awesome treat, get yourself a Murphys or other nitrogenized beer in a can and float it over top.

[Image: review-of-bells-oberon.jpg]

I don't know if it's available everywhere in the US (i've seen it most everywhere in the midwest, however). Nothing super fancy, but if you want a good go-to that isn't pisswater, you can't go wrong.

Just don't get an orange in it...

http://www.wine-searcher.com/wine-99837-...docg-italy

mocato d'asti. Taste amazing and fantastic if you need something for girls to drink who want to pretend they are classy. One of the best sweet white wines I've had since living in Italy. About $15, 10 euro.