rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Recommendations on Places to Lock Down - Los Angeles

Looking for recommendations on restaurants and bars to lock down in LA (preferably Westside) that will enable me to increase my social value with girls I take out. I used to be pretty good at this and had several bars and restaurants where I was a regular and got special treatment, but this has largely faded now that I'm no longer in the service industry.

Ideally, the place would have a decent alcohol selection, relatively upscale - although I'd hope it wouldn't break the bank - and be sufficiently hip enough to get impressionable girls moist. For reference, Gjelina in Venice, Far Bar in Little Tokyo and Copa d'Oro used to be my main bases of operations. I still have good contacts in Ktown, but that shit is getting old.

I'm expecting great tips from TheDude and PartyonBro, but I'm sure there's lots of RVF'ers in LA that can provide good input. Thanks, guys.

Bungalow. Hit it up last Friday, by 9pm there were over 100 people in line when I left...its still the hot spot. They had changed the layout, the crowd was good...it was better early on then kind of soured a bit when I did leave around 9 (wasn't planning to go out that night at all really). If you're taking a girl there, don't go when its so crowded i guess so you can find a place to sit and drink.I usually hit up R+D Kitchen too for dinner.

Recently hit up the Hotel Bel Air bar too (ate at wolfgangs afterward, holy crap was that pricy)....really dope...drinks are expensive, about $20 each..but strong and there was live music there in the bar..really cool stuff.

Chloe on 2nd and Broadway in SM is interesting as well. I've only been twice but its a really intimate spot...kind of hidden. Pretty upscale as well.

Based on the places you named, Primitivo on Abbot Kinney has your name all over it. Rooftop bar on the Shangri-la hotel is nice too. They have a fire pit up there and you are looking over the whole coast.

If I have to go to the westside, Roger Room on La Cienega has always yielded good results for me. But avoid Friday and Saturday after 9:30 - it gets really crowded.

Also, I know you didn't ask for this, but it never hurts to have some Eastside recs:

Covell in Los Feliz is a real sexy wine/beer bar - good lighting, never that crowded, and there are great banquette seats in the back if you can snag them. It's my go-to date spot.

La Descarga is good for that wow factor when you enter in through a coat closet. Girls love that shit. Not the greatest in terms of being comfortable - you'll probably be standing all night, but there is a lot of dancing to live music, if that is something that works for you.

I've heard great things about Pour Vous (sexy, good scene, upscale), but it's all hearsay at this point coming from me.

Good looking out guys. Most of these recommendations seem right up my alley. Thanks again, I'll check them out. Roger Room used to be a mainstay, I'll be sure to revive that option.

I will cosign what PartyonBro and Speakeasy recommended. Rooftop at Shangri La is money and they make a mean martini up there which I think sets you back $15.

Chloe is one of my go to spots to take a chick. Couches you can lounge on, good cocktails, perfect lighting, and usually good music. No food though.

While in the promenade area, you can also check out Sonoma Wine Garden in the mall. Usually I would NEVER do a mall spot but this one is a bit different. You can pull up and do valet right downstairs and you go right up without normal mall hassles of parking and long walks. Rooftop with great views, sitting outside, good food & lighting, often live music, lots of couches and lounge areas so you shouldn't have to awkwardly sit across from her the whole night at a table.

I also like Venice Beach Wines which is down on 5th and Rose a couple doors down from Oscars Cerveteca with the same owner. The spot is small, but intimate and also has good food/appetizers. The key is getting a seat which if you don't then it kind of sucks. However, you have a few other good spots within a block from there you can hit up.

VBW is for sure beer and wine only and I think Sonoma is also but I'm not certain about that.

Cant forget about rooftop at the Erwin Hotel which on a nice warm night is a great spot. Good cocktails, appetizers, and great ambiance.

If you ever take a girl out for saturday/sunday daytime , Zengo in Santa Monica is cool they have a $35 per person all you can eat brunch (breakfast tapas) and all you can drink (cocktails, mimosas, etc) deal going on. Right on the edge of the mall, outdoor patio with a view of the promenade, music playing, etc. wasn't too crowded either when I went, but it was a decent spot.

Moonshadows Malibu is a pretty dope spot late at night. Drinks out on the patio overlooking the ocean.

I passed by Chloe countless times from Copa d'oro, glad to see several have recommended it.

Normally I dont recommend people to come to the San Fernando valley. But heres a chill date template thats worked well for me.

1) So Sushi- freshest sushi I have had in LA so far. Do order A) Spicy salmon cut roll (My favorite salmon in La). B) Cupcake roll (Fish wrapped in fish. pretty dope). 3) Nigori Sake Yelp Review

2) Hit up the Spot Hookah Bar. Its the biggest hookah bar in LA. Order a guacamole ( they make it fresh at your table). Get a starbuzz flavor hookah. There best flavors change all the time- ask the server for his recommendations. On weekends, there can be a big wait for tables. This is more a week-day move.

WIA- For most of men, our time being masters of our own fate, kings in our own castles is short. Even those of us in the game will eventually succumb to ease of servitude rather than deal with the malaise of solitude

As far as classy westside bars go I would choose these 2

1) Copa D'Oro is a cool bar with a great happy hour. I've met girls there.

2) The Victorian. Great place to meet rich slutty yuppie girls.

3) The Buena Vista Cigar Club in Beverly Hills. It's not a meat market, but its got a very classy old world vibe. It's not a place to meet girls, but to bring one. It's a true social lounge for people with dough - but anyone can go there. Girls love it. It exudes class and old world masculinity. The owner is a Cuban guy named Rigo, great guy. I've known him for years since i've been going there.

Quote: (05-03-2013 12:38 PM)EasyMoney Wrote:  

As far as classy westside bars go I would choose these 2

1) Copa D'Oro is a cool bar with a great happy hour. I've met girls there.

2) The Victorian. Great place to meet rich slutty yuppie girls.

3) The Buena Vista Cigar Club in Beverly Hills. It's not a meat market, but its got a very classy old world vibe. It's not a place to meet girls, but to bring one. It's a true social lounge for people with dough - but anyone can go there. Girls love it. It exudes class and old world masculinity. The owner is a Cuban guy named Rigo, great guy. I've known him for years since i've been going there.

I work in BH and I've been to the Buena Vista club a few times. Great joint, solid rec's.

A friend of mine had invited me to Sadie in Hollywood but I had other plans and couldn't make it. It's where Le Deux used to be. Very classy-looking spot from the photos. Restaurant, bar and lounge combined.

http://www.bizbash.com/sadie/los-angeles...MTGRm.dpbs