rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Africa 2014: need tips and travel suggestions

I'm planning a trip to Africa next year with legendary RVF poon hounds 20nation and THC and we could use some help, so if any of you have any intel or hot tips, they would be very much appreciated. The planning is still in the preliminary stages but we're thinking 2-4 months should be good, here's what we have on the table so far:

West Africa, Ghana: This is where we will likely start due to its central location and the fact that its the most developed and safest nation in West Africa. We'll likely stay in Accra and rent a fuck pad there and take trips to Labadi Beach, check out Nkrumah Circle, etc.

Cote d'Ivoire: We'll probably take a bus from Accra to the big city, Abidjan and stay in the posh section of town, Cocody. Home of the legendary Mapouka dance and reggae superstar alpha blondy, Cote d'Ivoire has a lot of potential. Also considering a side trip to Yamoussoukro, to see the huge Catholic church built there by notorious African big man and super pimp Felix Houphouet-Boigny.

Southern Africa: Now this is where 20nation and I are in disagreement, for some odd reason, he wants to hit up Congo (Brazzaville) to check out some gorillas down there, but I think its gonna be too difficult, logistics wise. Actually, due to the high HIV rate in all of southern and south Africa, I'm ready to write the entire region off all togther, maybe two weeks in South Africa to check out Cape Town and do some surfing in Durban or something, but the HIV is a souvenir I don't want to take home.

East Africa/French Islands Indian Ocean: Now this is what I'm keen on doing, hitting up Kenya for a couple of weeks, see a safari and bang some Kikuyu cuties in Nairobi, maybe hit up the beaches in Mombasa and nail a Massi mama, we'll see. From there I'd like to hit up the French speaking Islands in the Indian Ocean: Comoros Islands, Ile de Reunion, Seychelles and especially MADAGASCAR!

Now the logistics is the big issue for getting around these Indian Ocean islands, I think we can fly from Kenya to Madagascar or South Africa to madagascar, but can we fly between these islands or take ferries, anyone have any knowledge of this?

Guys this will be my last big trip before I stop traveling for long periods of time, I'm on a trans-continental cunt hunt and if you guys could help me out here, you know I'll be dropping some in-depth, comprehensive Scotian Style data sheets when the AFT 2014 is done, thanks guys!

Scotian, hope you have a great trip.

My experience in Africa is only in the south. Take a look at Marco's Cape Town datasheet for more info, I also added a few notes from other parts of South Africa and Swaziland:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-14229.html

If you're in the north, you have to check out Ethiopia and maybe Morocco too. Some of the most beautiful women in Israel came from these two countries.

I don't have too much more info than that. Wherever you go, be aware of the constantly changing security situation throughout much of the continent.

NO ETHIOPIA/ERITREA!!!!!

[Image: 306583_320041004716655_563519428_n.jpg]

[Image: 1369-c8jsqanhn7j9p351em86.jpg]

[Image: 33or3td.jpg]

[Image: Ethiopia.jpg]

How about Simien Mountains, Lalibela, Fasil, Aksum??? or the beautiful red sea coast of Eritrea???

Condoms, gonna need those, LOL.

You know Scotian, we are going to need more time. So many places to hit up, bubble butt black asses to bang, and badass animals to see... so little time

I only know Southern Africa. Lot's of interesting places to visit in the whole area. Don't miss Cape Town, Victoria Falls, and a wildlife safari (ideally in one of SA, Botswana, Zambia or Zimbabwe)

I would surf in Cape Town and the Garden Route (area between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, roughly) and ignore Durban if you are pressed for time. Although I don't really like the place Joburg is definitely not boring. It's a work hard, play hard city, so no shortage of partying.

If you are travelling to many places in Southern Africa you will almost certainly have to pass through Joburg airport a couple of times. It's the only real air hub in the region. The airport is big, modern, clean safe etc. Basically on the level of many European Airports (e.g Schipol). Not quite on the level of Asian or Middle Eastern Airports. But don't be stupid and leave cash, jewelry or electronics in your checked in luggage when passing through this airport. They may well disappear. But no-one would be interested in your clothes (can't resell for much). Even if they are expensive.

Check out SA Airlink, SA Express and Federal Air. They fly on some smaller routes, like to beach resorts in Mozambique. May also fly to Madagascar, I'm not sure. South African Airways and British Airways (A local Subsidiary/BA franchise) fly to the bigger centres in Southern Africa. All very Joburg-centric. You can't avoid the place.

Statistically the Black population of Southern Africa is at Ground Zero of the global Aids epidemic. Why this is has never been properly explained, which is why "Aids denialism" is a semi-respectable occupation. An ex-president of South Africa was even one. It's very complicated. Don't have an intention of turning your thread into a race thread, but as far as South Africa is concerned the main races other than Black Africans (i.e. White, Indian and "Coloured") tend to have HIV/Aids rates, and mechanism of transmission more in line with Western norms. i.e. HIV rate low and transmission in these groups is mostly through anal sex among homosexual men. Supposedly Black Africans in the region are the only demographic in the world were most transmission is between typical heterosexuals engaging in typical heterosexual behavior. Like I say, why this is so has never been properly explained.

But moving on to better topics. Sounds like a great trip. Considering the vast area you plan to visit have you considered buying a used Landy in South Africa, kitting it out and using this to travel your Southern and Eastern African legs? Return to SA and resell before leaving. There really isn't good ground public transport linking the places you mention. As an aside: It's not the biggest deal, but when traveling through many border posts you will almost certainly have to pay a bribe. Not usually very big. Maybe even just a couple of beers in lieu of cash. But at many places you will have to pay. I know someone who traveled from SA to Egypt by land, and then ferry to Europe. Was quite an experience.

Ok, so Capetown is absolute must IMO, check out my datasheet for full details, note it relates more to white chicks.
I have visited quite a few countries in sub Saharan Africa but as I am not attracted to black ladies plus afraid of HIV/STDs I have never banged a girl in black Africa (Only white girls in S. Africa). Nevertheless I will try to put my knowledge:

In general almost in all of the countries I visited there are many pros/semi pros which will approach you, even totally "honest" girl will ask for cash as you are a white foreigner, this does not mean you cant bang for free.

Kenya- I would go to Mombasa over Nairobi, as besides it has nice beach resorts the women there are wild, you can go to an open air disco with 90% girls, they will approach and even touch you.
It is not uncommon that after you talked few minutes with a girl if you move to another girl, the first can come and start some argue or even fight with the 2nd! Yes, it is opposite to the west...
In Mombasa you can easily see some grotesque 60-70 yo fat white man with 2 young local girls.
Kampala in Uganda also has similar characteristics of venues with 80-90% women.
In Nairobi, the main night spots which are also good for foreigners are in Westlands.
In Kenya there are few Safari options, even one reserve in Nairobi.
Accra, Ghana is OK option to start with, true it is safer and people are nicer but girls not pro actively approach you as the countries above, in Labadi beach there are beach parties and nice atmosphere almost every night.
Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam, did not like it much, but 3 hours boat ride and you are in Zanzibar which is great tropical island with many tourists but not many young like similar islands in Thailand.
Ethiopia - The girls are more brown than black in general and more thin and feminine IMO, Addis Abeba has a decent nightlife.
Nigeria, dont go there! the country is dangerous and attitude of the people is bad, hated it.
Benin, was in Cotonou, nothing much to do there.
Zambia, Lusaka seems nice in a way that it is not as traffic congested as many of the above cities.
Mauritius - Amazing island, more upscale hotels than Zanzibar but... 80-90% of the tourists there are couples celebrating honey moon or anniversaries. Local girls are mostly Indian style.
Egypt - Only if you wish to see pyramids. There might be some underground belly dancing clubs which some are in fact sort of brothels and those would be the only option to bang, also the country is very unstable now.

In general I would recommend to do East Africa tour in countries like Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia. I would skip west Africa, there are also not much Safari options there.
And for sure, South Africa and specifically Capetown.
But then again it depends on your taste of girls, I have traveled with a guy which almost every night in Accra showed up in the breakfast with at least one new girl which stayed over... He was very happy there.

Beware of the black momba and rouge lions!

Quote: (04-23-2013 04:25 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

More importantly, beware the Tokoloshe.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (04-23-2013 04:59 PM)Soma Wrote:  

Quote: (04-23-2013 04:25 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

More importantly, beware the Tokoloshe.

Haha. Has been many many years since I heard someone mention the Tokoloshe. I'd say serious belief in him/it has plummeted in Southern Africa in the last few decades. Modernism continues apace.

Anyway, as far as I understand the legends men do not usually fear the Tokoloshe. His mischief is mostly directed towards women. Specifically, (single)women fear that he will visit them in the dead of night and impregnate them! To avoid this some women used to (a few may still) raise their beds higher off the ground using bricks, or something similar. Since the Tokoloshe is a dwarf (in the legend he makes up for it in another dimension...) it is thought this will prevent him from reaching them. Now if he is a spirit who can move between dimensions of time and space I don't see how a bed on bricks is going to foil him, but what do I know.

Anyway, mentioning the Tokoloshe has been a blast from the past. In my early youth I encountered women who had a serious belief in him. Soma, are you from Southern Africa? I don't think the Tokoloshe figures in other parts of Africa. Maybe the same concept, but with a different name.

Quote: (04-24-2013 12:29 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Haha. Has been many many years since I heard someone mention the Tokoloshe. I'd say serious belief in him/it has plummeted in Southern Africa in the last few decades. Modernism continues apace.

Anyway, as far as I understand the legends men do not usually fear the Tokoloshe. His mischief is mostly directed towards women. Specifically, (single)women fear that he will visit them in the dead of night and impregnate them!

Like this: My future wife impregnated by the tokoloshe?

To avoid this some women used to (a few may still) raise their beds higher off the ground using bricks, or something similar.

Like this: [Image: anibed_2_bp_bogspot_com_225.jpg]

Since the Tokoloshe is a dwarf (in the legend he makes up for it in another dimension...) it is thought this will prevent him from reaching them. Now if he is a spirit who can move between dimensions of time and space I don't see how a bed on bricks is going to foil him, but what do I know.

Anyway, mentioning the Tokoloshe has been a blast from the past. In my early youth I encountered women who had a serious belief in him. Soma, are you from Southern Africa? I don't think the Tokoloshe figures in other parts of Africa. Maybe the same concept, but with a different name.

Nah, but I worked with a bunch of South Africans and we'd always joke around about the Tokoloshe - impregnating their girlfriends and whatnot.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

^^^ Those crazy South Africans. Can't take them anywhere.

Africa is big & diverse ! It is the second largest continent by both size and population. It is easily the most diverse whether you look at it linguistically, ethnically, culturally, religiously ... Saying " Africa 2014" is close to saying something like " Asia 2014". It is just too big of a plan.

But due to the fact that several places are unstable, underdeveloped, inaccessible and even dangerous I can narrow down my recommendations to a few countries and cities from my limited experience. I traveled mostly with my dad as a teen on his business trips so take this as a rough guide only.

South Africa

The wealthiest and most developed country in Africa by every metric possible. Visiting South Africa is a must in my opinion.

Capetown is a beautiful place in terms of nature, infrastructure and general vibe. Mediterranean climate, good food, hot Afrikaner girls, close proximity to Safari and Shark tours ... you name it.

Please stay away from black girls in South Africa ! It is an AIDS fest down there. Stick to white SA girls.

Safety wise South Africa is okay unless thread into shady neighborhoods in Johannesburg.

Namibia

A country with only about 2 million people or so. People look similar to Black South Africans. There is a sizable German expat population down there including young German teens taking a year off after highschool for travel... early- mid 20's blonde princesses who come down there to " make a difference in the lives of children ! " , and older retired couples who own farms and businesses. If you speak German , Namibia is very easy to navigate.

The main reason I am recommending Namibia is because of the Kalahari desert and sand dunes. It is unlike anything I have seen before in my life.

Very Safe country too.

Ethiopia

I am Ethiopian by birth & citizenship (quarter Ethiopian, quarter Greek, quarter Eritrean , Quarter Italian by blood) so i might be biased a little bit. But i guarantee you that if you are hitting Africa for the women ... this is the place to be.

Ethiopian women are hands down the best looking in Sub-Saharan Africa. Second in the whole of Africa next to Moroccan bitches in my opinion.

If you need more details on Ethiopia I can give you endless info. I am from Addis Ababa so if you decide to go there i can give you insider info like no other.

Ethiopia is one of the more stable countries of Africa with a strong government. Ethiopians are very religious as a whole. I would not fear for personal safety. Some cell phone thieves or slick businessmen trying to sell you stuff for triple the price can be avoided with a little common sense.

Just PM me if you are interested.

Kenya

Kenya is most famous for its Safari's ,its great rift valley lakes, the ports of Mombasa and Malindi (named after Vasco DaGama's wife Malinda) the beautiful Indian ocean coast and affordable prices.

5 start hotels are dirt cheap when converted to the local currency. I would rather stay on a Safari Lodge , on the great lakes or on the fancier Hotels on the coast than in the Capital Nairobi.

Nairobi's nightlife is lame along with the weather. It is a mountainous highland and nothing of interest i know of. The pussy talent is better than in West Africa but still lacks in quality.

West Africa

The pussy talent over on the west side is horrible. Countries like Ghana are quite stable and safe to travel even inland but West Africa in general is overpopulated and has a Bombay Slum feel to it. People are more stereotypical African.

I am not a fan of West Africa to be honest.

Northern Africa

I have heard that Morocco and Tunisia are very liberal compared to Algeria, Egypt and Libya. The close proximity to Europe might land you some horny Euro pussy but i really do not know enough about the area to give you any advise.

Hopefully other players have explored that region.

Hope this helped brah !

I heard the chicks in Chad were bangin

I would try Madagascar, haven't been there but it looks like a nice place.

Lots of great intel here, thanks a lot guys. It looks like I may have to focus more on specific areas as opposed to covering so many different ones, I'm leaning heavily towards the French speaking islands on the Indian ocean side and will likely choose between Kenya or South Africa.

Do you guys have any ideas for activities to do besides getting drunk and chasing women? That's one thing I learned about myself on my SE Asia trip, I'm more happy doing outdoor activities that I find interesting and fun rather than being stuck in cities partying every night trying to bang girls, that gets old, quick.

Some ideas I've been pondering:

Diving: I've heard that Kenya, Tanzania and Madagasar have some nice dive spots, any word on the diving scene in South Africa?

Kayaking/rafting: Apparently Uganda is a great spot for these activities and Jinja is the best area. Any other places have good water activities?

Surfing: I'm not very experienced but the idea of spending a couple of weeks at a South African surf spot sounds very appealing.

Actually the more I look into it, South Africa sounds like an ideal place for me to spend at least a month, maybe two, its a pity that the AIDs rate is so high there. I'd hit up Cape Town for the shark diving, definitely would visit Kruger national park, do a winery tour, eat some SA BBQ and drinks lots of good wine.

Also, it looks like I can get to Madagascar and the other islands quite easily from South Africa, so that's another plus of going there. Too bad no one on here has been to those French speaking islands, it makes me want to visit them even more, the final frontier of RVF poosy paradises!

Again thanks for the input, I have a lot more planning to do before this trip begins, probably next January or February.

Quote: (04-30-2013 01:33 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Lots of great intel here, thanks a lot guys. It looks like I may have to focus more on specific areas as opposed to covering so many different ones, I'm leaning heavily towards the French speaking islands on the Indian ocean side and will likely choose between Kenya or South Africa.

Do you guys have any ideas for activities to do besides getting drunk and chasing women? That's one thing I learned about myself on my SE Asia trip, I'm more happy doing outdoor activities that I find interesting and fun rather than being stuck in cities partying every night trying to bang girls, that gets old, quick.

Diving: I've heard that Kenya, Tanzania and Madagasar have some nice dive spots, any word on the diving scene in South Africa?

Kayaking/rafting: Apparently Uganda is a great spot for these activities and Jinja is the best area. Any other places have good water activities?

Surfing: I'm not very experienced but the idea of spending a couple of weeks at a South African surf spot sounds very appealing.

Actually the more I look into it, South Africa sounds like an ideal place for me to spend at least a month, maybe two, its a pity that the AIDs rate is so high there. I'd hit up Cape Town for the shark diving, definitely would visit Kruger national park, do a winery tour, eat some SA BBQ and drinks lots of good wine.

Also, it looks like I can get to Madagascar and the other islands quite easily from South Africa, so that's another plus of going there. Too bad no one on here has been to those French speaking islands, it makes me want to visit them even more, the final frontier of RVF poosy paradises!

Again thanks for the input, I have a lot more planning to do before this trip begins, probably next January or February.

As far as activities, you're right on track with the shark diving, it's amazing. And don't worry, this doesn't happen too often:

Much of the shark diving is just outside of Cape Town, in Gansbaii, I would definitely recommend it.

Most of the wine country is in the western cape region, not too far from Cape Town. I'm sure the SA guys have more info for you.

Would also def recommend Kruger Park. Stay at the Satara or Olifants camps for proximity to lions. You can also do Addo Elephant Park near Cape Town, but it pales in comparison to Kruger.

SA BBQ is called a braai, I got invited to one at one girls house, was a lot of fun. At restaurants you can try all sorts of animals like warthog and crocodile, though I suspect that's more for the tourists.

If you want to do some mountain climbing, try the mountains in and around Lesotho. Also do the Sani Pass in a 4 wheel drive, it's an amazing experience.

Also the Sabie River area in SA has some cool activities.
http://indunaadventures.com/rafting/

If you like casinos, go to Sun City, it's supposed to be like the Vegas of SA (haven't been there).

People told me that South Africa is 'Africa lite', meaning that nowhere else in Africa do they have such good infrastructure, tourist accommodations, etc. So maybe start there and work your way into the rest of the continent.

Haven't been to Madagascar, but heard great things from one or two intrepid backpackers that made the trip. It's a less-traveled place, with unbelievable nature.

Speaking of French speaking spots, I had a friend from Mali back in the day, and he always recommended I go see it. But with the current troubles there, not sure if that should be high on your list.

Quote: (04-30-2013 01:33 AM)scotian Wrote:  

Surfing & Beaches:
For the best waves Jefreys Bay in the Winter (Jun, Jul, Aug) when the conditions for surfing are best. For other activities not so much (howling wind). But honestly, I'd rather just surf in Cape Town (lot's of spots). Water is cold on the Western shores of the city. You'll need a good wetsuit. A bit warmer on the Eastern side (False Bay).

Coastal cities and towns in SA are the place to be during the Dec/Jan Summer holidays. If you can be there then that would be ideal. Lots of stuff happening, parties etc. during that time. Especially around Dec 20 to Jan 2. Expect steep prices, traffic jams etc., but also the best atmosphere to party and pickup as well.

Cape Town itself is great during this time, but also consider other smaller coastal towns. I quite like Plettenberg Bay (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plettenberg_Bay), which is between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth. VERY busy Dec/Jan. A lot of ultra-rich "masters of the universe" from Joburg have holiday homes in this town and decamp during the holidays to spend some of their money and relax. Multi-generational extended families, so single chicks not that thin on the ground. It is genuinely in a beautiful spot, which is why rich people built their holiday homes there. Apart from the ocean, there is also a big tidal lagoon you can kayak on.

Shark Diving/Other diving:
Never been, but looks interesting. I have heard about a trip run out of Simons Town (near/suburb of Cape Town) where they take you out into False Bay by launch and try to get sharks to breach by holding bait just above the water while traveling at speed. The shark comes from below and launches itself at the bait and in the process breaches. The claim is that, movies like Jaws notwithstanding, this behavior is extremely rare for sharks and this is one of the few places it can be observed.

The very Northern part of SA's East coast is good for scuba diving, but further North in Mozambique is better. West and Southern coasts not that great.

Safari:
Kruger Park in SA is great, and I love it, but if you are travelling to Botswana and Zimbabwe/Victoria Falls consider getting your safari experience either at Chobe (Botswana) or Hwange (Zimbabwe), which are both close. Might be a bit more expensive than Kruger since they are not really set up for budget travel. Botswana especially has taken a conscious decision to try to limit budget travel. They'd rather have a few tourists spending big$'s rather than lot's of budget travelers.

If you do decide on Kruger I agree with a previous poster that Olifants Camp is the one to try for. I's on the edge of a cliff looking out on a floodplain. Sit on the benches on the edge with binoculars checking out herds of Elephants and Buffaloes moving across it. No camping at Olifants though. You can camp at most big camps in Kruger though, which is very cheap. Also various other accomodation options. Check out http://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruger/default.php. Don't stay outside the park and think you'll just travel in and out over a few days. This is allowed, but it is a pain checking in and out and can take quite long. Also the inside of the park has the best atmosphere. You'll get backpackers and guesthouses just outside the park trying to convince you to stay with them claiming accommodation in the park is no good and they're so much better... Their accommodation may be a little better, but it doesn't make up for being outside and they are full of bullshit. Or considering the location elephantshit.

Braai/BBQ
This is a very big deal in SA. Difficult to explain how ingrained it is in the local culture. Maybe the one thing that cuts across racial lines, for a start. Get yourself invited to one at somebody's house. But when there don't ever refer to it as a Barbecue. It would be like going to a pub in the UK and referring to it as a "bar". People will laugh at you (in a good natured way), correct you, and generally give you a hard time about it. Just call it a "Braai" and avoid the hassle. It's pronounced Bry (Exactly rhymes with Buy). Also, South Africans never braai hamburgers. That's what McDonalds is for. Lamb Chops, Sosaties (Kebabs), Boerewors (a local type of sausage), steak and even Chicken are all good. Just no hamburgers. Turning up with these would be a bad as saying you're a vegetarian and trying to sign everyone up for PETA. Oh, and since this is RooshV. Men make the fire and do the braaing, while drinking beer. Women make the side dishes like salads while gossiping about whatever they gossip about. Children, if present play games, swim in the pool and tear around the yard. But women never deal with the fire or meat and men never deal with the side dishes. There are no exceptions. Feminists definitely not suitable guests at a Braai.

Cape Town
Ja, don't miss this one. You could easily spend a month in Cape Town and just chill without getting bored. Unfortunately accommodation in trendy/good places will be expensive from 1 Dec to 30 April, but that's just how it is. Apart from nightlife, which is good, it's a great city for outdoor activities. Hiking on Table Mountain, obviously. There are lots of great routes up. My favourite starts in the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens and is called Smuts Track. The steepest part is in a cool forest, so you beat some of the heat. Most of the mountain only has shrub level vegetation that doesn't offer shade. Just don't do anything stupid. There are a few parts at/near the top were you really do risk "falling off" the edge of the table. Don't climb it if there's a risk of fog on that day. If you are caught in fog stay were you are or retrace your steps down the path you climbed up very carefully.

Quote: (04-30-2013 01:14 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Braai/BBQ
This is a very big deal in SA. Difficult to explain how ingrained it is in the local culture. Maybe the one thing that cuts across racial lines, for a start. Get yourself invited to one at somebody's house. But when there don't ever refer to it as a Barbecue. It would be like going to a pub in the UK and referring to it as a "bar". People will laugh at you (in a good natured way), correct you, and generally give you a hard time about it. Just call it a "Braai" and avoid the hassle. It's pronounced Bry (Exactly rhymes with Buy). Also, South Africans never braai hamburgers. That's what McDonalds is for. Lamb Chops, Sosaties (Kebabs), Boerewors (a local type of sausage), steak and even Chicken are all good. Just no hamburgers. Turning up with these would be a bad as saying you're a vegetarian and trying to sign everyone up for PETA. Oh, and since this is RooshV. Men make the fire and do the braaing, while drinking beer. Women make the side dishes like salads while gossiping about whatever they gossip about. Children, if present play games, swim in the pool and tear around the yard. But women never deal with the fire or meat and men never deal with the side dishes. There are no exceptions. Feminists definitely not suitable guests at a Braai.

And just like that a big piece of the puzzle falls into place...I always wondered why I was invited to a braai at a girls house, and then sent outside to start the fire and cook the meat, while the girls sat inside chatting and setting the table. Anyway, a great experience, don't miss it!

Quote: (04-30-2013 01:25 PM)Sabra Wrote:  

Braai/BBQ

And just like that a big piece of the puzzle falls into place...I always wondered why I was invited to a braai at a girls house, and then sent outside to start the fire and cook the meat, while the girls sat inside chatting and setting the table. Anyway, a great experience, don't miss it!

Glad it helped. They weren't being rude. It's just the way things are arranged.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm curious how you found South Africa as an Israeli (guessing by your location). I've never been to Israel but based on Israeli's I've met travelling I've always thought that the SA and Israeli personality/mentality was quite similar.

Deleted. Duplicate Post

Quote: (04-30-2013 02:27 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Quote: (04-30-2013 01:25 PM)Sabra Wrote:  

Braai/BBQ

Glad it helped. They weren't being rude. It's just the way things are arranged.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm curious how you found South Africa as an Israeli (guessing by your location). I've never been to Israel but based on Israeli's I've met travelling I've always thought that the SA and Israeli personality/mentality was quite similar.

Loved SA, and I agree the personality meshed well with Israelis. I actually met some South African guys in the army, great guys!

The people were really warm and friendly, and the country is just beautiful. You could be driving down a highway and find a troop of baboons walking alongside the highway, or a springbok crossing the road.

Would love to come back and explore some more.

Hi just wanted to give my 5 cents on travel in Southern Africa:

Zambia
Hmmm if you want to see something amazing in Southern Africa don't forget to visit the Victoria Falls from the Zambian side, it's amazing (Zimbabwean tour operators actually take people there because their side sucks heheh).

If you've got a few days or so you might as well drive down to Lake Kariba and enjoy some great fishing (seasonal) and a lake tour while you are at it. Nothing like a cold beer in the middle of the lake at noon or a sun downer at the beach!

If you really want a once in a life time experience and the sort of safari you seen on the Discovery Channel visit the Lower-Zambezi National Park, world class lodges and everyone whose been their raves about it......

Very safe and stable country and people worship white skin, but common sense applies. Very harsh drug laws so discretion and care are advised for any consumption of herbs and etc, though 99% of cops are amicable to bribes given the absence of witnesses or public outcry.

Women wise I'd say its mediocre on average but tastes may differ lots of big booty but short with unattractive faces (with a good number of prawns thrown in), you find a few 8+ and will defiantly get laid being white and having solid game. Personally I feel Day Game gets the best results as a lot of women you will meet at night in entertainment venues are pro's or semi-pro's. Like another post said even ordinary girls may ask you for "transport" money if its a SNL... but if you'r into shoring or have a bit of time to set up a day 2 or 3 with an educated normal girl I don't see why you shouldn't bang for free. Plenty better quality girls are DTF just like any other place in the world.

I'd say its worth the one week just to see the natural splendor of the places I've mentioned above but then again I may be biased... place is expensive though (transport, accommodation, food) as almost everything is imported from South Africa

Zimbabwe
County is in a mess but has some beautiful spots. If you want to see what one man with willpower can do visit Cecile John Rhodes grave in the Matopos Hills National Park... freaking bad ass. They hewed it out of granite 6m deep with their bear hands so his enemies couldn't get to his body... makes you wanna shout "Rule Britannia" for the heck of it heheh

South Africa
Johannesburg is much like any other major international metropolis (e.g. Sao Paulo, Shanghai and etc) in the most developed country you will find on the continent. Spent a good deal of time there and have to say Jozi is indeed a "work hard, play hard" kinda city.

Very diverse with a lot of hot women coming in every shade of the rainbow from pretty little Afrikaaner chicks, some of the hottest black girls in Southern Africa and a large number of beautiful mixed race women (called Colourds in the region). I could write a 20 page guide on were to go party but I feel the South Africans on this board can do a better job of it, especially that the cool and in places always change like in any other big city.

South African guys have ZERO game, if you ignore the few (real) Alphas and Naturals here and there but their attitude is to strive to be seen as macho as possible, this cuts across all ethnic groups, and the threshold for violence is very very low.

Expect roid rage meatheads trying to be Alpha with other males while giving of the most "Beta of the Century" vibe to any half way attractive female.

When I mean violence I don't mean a good old fashioned bar fight and a couple of broken bones, I mean an "Oakee" will pull a knife or pistol on you and try to kill you. When dealing with Brother Boer and Coloureds [Image: wink.gif] be especially careful, 80% of them are extremely insecure and unable to approach women -be ready for some grief if you pick up the hot 19 year old he's been eyeing.

It's relatively okay with the Afrikaans/English/Portuguese/Jewish chicks if your white but there is a subgroup of Afrikaaners that absolutely hates "Angelsmans" (any white guy who cant speak Afrikaans and is fluent in English)... and love to hunt in groups if they feel they can't handle you alone.

That said this applies to any night club sort of venue with every ethnic group. Black guys and Coloureds have very direct game but are just as insecure and can't handle their women or emotions without violence (huge generalization I know). Check if the chick is with anybody, who's orbiting and do a quick risk assessment and use your gut.

All the nasty racial stuff aside (its still a pretty big deal down there), it's a wonderful city with very beautiful women and some really cool people. You've not lived till you've meet a feminine Portuguese girl with an Afrikaans accent or devoured a lost little Cape Malay beauty from the Mother City (Cape Town). You have to have billtong and borewors roll!!!

Please read the travel advisories though and stay away from public transport and walking. You have to be very alert and careful even in "decent" neighborhoods.

Regarding HIV
Lastly for any travel anywhere in the world, use a condom.

I know there are 100,000 debates in the 'sphere about how much condoms suck and that true players should take risks but its not worth it. Every country has its own infection rate, some high some low.

Check out the actual transmission statistics and related context of HIV transmission and you'll see that there's a lot of BS about how dangerous this stuff really is (Naughty Nomad once wrote about it) but please please please use a condom for any woman anywhere who you've never taken for an STI Screen -sorry if I sound preachy but I've seen to much shit happen to good men to pull any punches.

Hope you enjoy and find some value in this too long to read post [Image: wink.gif]

Quote: (04-21-2013 10:04 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Southern Africa: Now this is where 20nation and I are in disagreement, for some odd reason, he wants to hit up Congo (Brazzaville) to check out some gorillas down there, but I think its gonna be too difficult, logistics wise. Actually, due to the high HIV rate in all of southern and south Africa, I'm ready to write the entire region off all togther, maybe two weeks in South Africa to check out Cape Town and do some surfing in Durban or something, but the HIV is a souvenir I don't want to take home.

Have fun man Africa's the shit! Last summer I went to South Africa, Zambia and Botswana, it's definitely worth at least going to Southern Africa for those two weeks. When you're in Cape Town check out the township Guguletu. They have this famous restaurant called Mzoli's, it's definitely worth stoping by. They'll cook up your choice of meat for you, and where you eat is a club like atmosphere. It's optional to go with a guide or not, but the locals are chill. Bring your own alcohol if you want to drink, there's a liquor store a few blocks away just ask the people there where it's at.

In regards to surfing, go to Jeffrey's Bay if you can! It can be pretty crowded but it seriously is one of the best waves in the world. Also a more hidden spot is Bruce's Beauties, which is the spot in the movie the Endless Summer they called the "perfect wave." It's a little tough to find, but it's a great wave with a small amount of people.

Have a good time, South Africans are great people.

I've only been to Ethiopia on a short trip, so I'm biased. I have a huge thing for East African girls, namely Ethiopians and Eritreans. Tanzanian and Kenyan girls not far behind.

Addis isn't a terrible city. It's not as great as some of the hype either. I found the Rastas swarming tourist spots in Addis Ababa annoying as hell, but most people are friendly. Great eye candy, incredible ethiopian food, and amazing coffee made it worth it for me. Nightlife wasn't terrible, but wasn't as great as I expected tbh.