rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does bros before hoes even exist any more?

Am I the only one who feels like "bros before hoes" doesn't exist any more, and except for maybe only your closest most trusted friends, most dudes will throw you under the bus for a piece of pussy.

I have always tried to take the attitude that a true friend isn't worth losing over a piece of ass, especially when that piece of ass is probably only going to be a temporary thing, while the friendship could potentially last for a long time and enrich your life long term. But now a days, it seems like this kind of attitude is the exception and not the norm.

Maybe "bros before hoes" has always been a crock of shit, but it seems like things have gotten worse recently, like guys are just so weak when it comes to getting pussy.

I feel like all my friends who get girlfriends completely fall off the face of the earth, never to be seen or heard from again, with the exception of once every couple months when they get into a fight they want to suddenly hang out and get a beer, only to vent and complain to me about their relationship the whole time (like I give a fuck).

Otherwise it's guys, and I've experienced this with friends around here, being jealous, passive aggressive, running interference, stepping on toes, trying to "one up", etc. Shit, I had a melt down this past winter one night, when one of my main running partners kept weaseling his way into conversations I was having with girls that I had approached and been talking to for like 10+ minutes. He was stepping on my toes, while I always step back and give him space to operate, unless he's spitting at a group and needs a wing. Basically I deduced that he was hating and passive aggressively trying to cockblock me.

I could be overreacting, but another guy I thought was a good friend has been giving me the cold shoulder recently. He's banging this chick who is apparently now "best friends" with my psycho ex-GF who has BPD and straight up fucked up my life, and fucked me over. It sucks that I'm in a small town and social circles get crossed, but basically my "friend" is hanging out with my EX because she is always with the girl he is banging. I know I shouldn't give a fuck and life goes on, but this still really irks me and rubs me the wrong way. I expressed my displeasure to the guy, and it's not like I expect him to stop banging his chick, but he could make more of an effort to not actively hang out with my ex-GF.

Anyway, beyond all that bullshit, just on a general level, like I said, it just seems like guys are throwing each other under the bus for a piece of ass now a days. It's just fucked up how many supposed friends are lost over whack shit, like one guy fucking another guys girlfriend, or even trivial shit like one guy fucking a girl that his friend had a crush on. I thought loyalty and honor were supposed to be masculine characteristics that defined "solid" men, but it seems like that shit just doesn't really exist any more.

The new motto for regular guys:
"Thirst comes first."

"The whole point of being alpha, is doing what the fuck you want.
That's why you see real life alphas without chicks. He's doing him.

Real alphas don't tend to have game. They don't tend to care about the emotional lives of the people around them."

-WIA

The only bros before hoes code of any value is wingman rules.

I only roll with other players when I go out. Otherwise it's solo.

The guys I hang with who aren't as invested in game know not to roll with me when I'm out on a mission.

Most of bros are hoes themselves.

Nope.

It never really did unless it was real cool and close friends but it's a lot worse now. Younger guys have probably never even heard that before.

Anyone who interferes with my getting laid is not my “bro.”

It’s not a valid comparison though because “bros” are the closest, most loyal, and trustworthy of your friends; while “hoes” are pump-and-dumps you’ve recently met.

If I’m close friends with a guy and see him as someone who truly values my friendship, he deserves to be treated with deep respect. This is not your typical “best friend” relationship. This is the kind of guy who you know would have your back 100% if you experienced serious hardship – basically making him like immediate family to you.

If I’ve gone on a few dates with a girl, my next sexcapade with her is more valuable than my friendship with the guy I hung out with a few times. If she’s my girlfriend, keeping her and getting sex from her is more important than keeping about 90% of my friends.

If she’s my wife, she has to be worth more than any friend I have. Many western men have become cynical about this kind of thinking, but there are women all over the world, and even a small number in the US, who believe in true loyalty and love.

Nowadays, most of your “bros” are people you won’t be talking to a few years from now because even friendships in the West tend to be superficial.

Friendships typically end when people grow out of each other, but there is no denying that if two close friends find “cooler” people to hang out with or people who are more useful, whether for their careers or social lives, it is very likely their friendship will fade.

Thirsty dudes ruin everything, this included.

Did bros before hoes ever truly exist, in sensu stricto?

I've always figured it was one of those platitudes that guys utter but never abide by, since when push comes to shove, guys will melt in the face of pussy.

Anyway... I realize I am invoking a No True Scotsman, but the mark of a True Bro is someone who you can go out with, will leave you alone when you meet a girl and start chatting with her, and won't act butthurt the next day.

True Bros ™ understand that in the short run, it's hoes before bros.

But holding grudges against your male friends over slores? That's bush league.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

I've almost kept my circle tight. I have maybe 4 dudes that I care about, the rest are just somebody I kicked it with at some point in my life. I've smashed the same chick as one of my boys maybe three times. One ended up biting me in the ass but we talked it out and moved one. Pussy is pussy thats the motto we live by.

That being said, you as a man and close friend knows which ex you can and cant fuck with. Some ex's arent shit to your boy so if the oppotrunity presents itself, make it happen. But you also know which ex's would hurt your boy if you smashed. There is too much pussy in the world to be smashing ex's.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

For me, it depends. If the girl is always dissing my bro, being rude and trying to "divide and conquer", then fuck her, my bro is more important than the fling. If he's constantly orbiting me and my girl while there are other girls and nobody is dissing or being rude to him, then I find the moment to tell him I gotta get laid and he's ruining my chances, and I try to introduce him to other girls (maybe he's just not very good conversationalist and needs a nudge, a few of my friends are, they aren't doing it out of malice, they're just not good at picking up cues). Usually they get it and start talking with another girl, but if he doesn't back off and is constantly trying to get my girl and not other girls because he doesn't have the balls to risk rejection, thereby sabotaging both our chances, then he's not a bro, he's just a thirsty bitch and he is going under the bus.

Check out my thread Essential android tools for modern players and alphas to find out how to make your android phone your wingman, or click here and scroll down if you only need to root it.

Want sound that puts iPods and iPhones to shame? I got you covered!

I recently broke contact with my best friend after 21 years of friendship. Since he was the group leader I lost all the other "friends" too who were really more his minions and will always take his side over mine. It was a typical case of the last straw that breaks the camels back. It were his dumb (probably jealous) comments about my black bed friend/girlfriend that did it so it is kinda bro before ho's related.

It wasn't an easy decision since we shared so many things and memories together but fuck it. I rather be alone than deal with his ridiculous egoistic diva behavior and not to mention bad influence and constant negative undertone one more day. I won't go into a long rant about what I felt what was wrong but I was always a better loyal friend to him than he ever was to me. It was inevitable after doubting about "divorcing" my best friend for years. Should have done it many years ago but my moral values about loyalty always stopped me from doing it

For now I have plenty of new people around me in the building where I live. Young people who appreciate me and are enthusiastic about the things in my life and my ambitions. Not people always bullying and bashing everything I do and only think about themselves.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

If I had to choose between going out on a night out or for some food or whatever with Bojangles and Jimmy and they were urging me to come, or going over to see a 10 that I hadn't smashed yet that wanted me to come over, I'd choose my mates unless they told me to go see her.

I've got 2 other friends that would put me first ahead of girls. My mate who I live with and one of my best friends from school who's the only natural alpha I know.

The rest of my mates are bitches. One has got to the point where he doesn't even respond to my texts unless I send him a barrage of them asking for a reply.

Bros before hos originated from betas who got jealous that their natural friends were getting laid and they were not so they created this "code" so they're nights wouldn't be so lonely and they'd have a partner to play video game with.

Quote: (04-21-2013 01:49 AM)SpiderKing Wrote:  

The new motto for regular guys:
"Thirst comes first."

Some would even say:
"Chicks before dicks."

#1: Bros before hoes.
#2: People who say that usually have neither.

https://twitter.com/GSElevator/status/31...0404222976

----

Here is the thing:

99% of the people you think are "bros" when you are younger are usually sh*theads.

In fact, 99.999% of people on earth are sh*theads.

It's sad, I know. But The Truth.

Quote: (04-21-2013 11:33 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

----

Here is the thing:

99% of the people you think are "bros" when you are younger are usually sh*theads.

It depends where you live to make that statement. I find guys from these boogie cities and states have a different view on humanity than others from more grounded places. If you let a lizard determine your overall movement and actions as opposed to true friends, it can be your downfall.
The Helen of Troy tale has some clout even though it was fiction.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (04-21-2013 11:51 AM)Moma Wrote:  

----

Here is the thing:

It depends where you live to make that statement. I find guys from these boogie cities and states have a different view on humanity than others from more grounded places. If you let a lizard determine your overall movement and actions as opposed to true friends, it can be your downfall.

That's because people from more "grounded places" are sh*theads and they can't recognize other sh*theads.

Trust me though, they are sh*theads too.

G has it right. Most of the times when I've heard someone say 'bros before hoes" it's been pretty self serving. It's right up there with 'man up'.

I have a few male friends who I trust unquestionably. For them I'd gladly drop a woman who was coming between us. Otherwise I take an all's fair in love and war attitude.

Quote: (04-21-2013 12:01 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (04-21-2013 11:51 AM)Moma Wrote:  

----

Here is the thing:

That's because people from more "grounded places" are sh*theads and they can't recognize other sh*theads.

Trust me though, they are sh*theads too.

Define a 'sh*thead* for me.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

I've got 6 'best-friends' who I'd pick over girls, in terms of hanging out.

Even when I flew from the US overseas to visit my last oneitis, I made went out of my way, on both trips to spend a or two with my best friends.

With everyone else, I don't expect any camaraderie or support. With guys I meet from RVF or manosphere circles, I default to "bros before hos", but I know enough to work out the details ahead of time. Like I wouldn't take it personally if early in the night, a buddy of mine took advantage of an opportunity an ditched. In fact I'd give him a high five the next day.

Wald

There is also a decline of "gameness." When I go out with my friends I am game to have a good time, see where the night goes, have an open mind to do crazy shit, try new things, stay up all night, etc.

More and more old friends can't get up off the couch to come out and say no to everything. Or they are so passive they will agree to come out and flake an hour beforehand. Or they come out on a Friday or Saturday night for two hours, sip on one beer, talk to zero girls, and go home. They also refuse to jump on the subway and travel 30-45 minutes for a good time. It's like they want everything delivered to them on a silver platter.

I think they are just waiting for a decent-looking hag to lead them around by the nose, buy a middle-class house in the suburbs, pop out a few kids, retire, and go to the grave.

Have been cutting these boring people off and simply refusing to go out with them.

Keep in mind that most dudes only have a shot at girls that they're already around which would mean to you girls you've pulled in to the social circle so don't be surprised when this shit happens.

It's going to happen forever. OG I read that you claim to be modest but sometimes you have to go the other way I've found that most dudes only respect you if they have some fear. You should kick some ass once in a while so everyone knows what's up. Also fuck some of your friends girlfriends because they'll do it to you.

Quote: (04-21-2013 03:36 PM)TheRookie Wrote:  

I think they are just waiting for a decent-looking hag to lead them around by the nose, buy a middle-class house in the suburbs, pop out a few kids, retire, and go to the grave.

Oh my god I am about to puke. And that's what people call the "American Dream"- pathetic
[Image: laugh2.gif]

Let's say I just met this guy at a bar. I don't even know him. He started talking to some chick first.
In this situation, I wouldn't hit on her. Unless she obviously hits on me, I will let him do the work.
This is Asian person's mentality.

I realized this kind of behavior in U.S is NOT considered as a good manner but as 'being pussy'

My friends don't even want to try to get hoes. They are content to stay at home and play video games and set their fantasy baseball teams for the week.

One of my buddies is on a prison sentence of a dry spell.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.