rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Too Fat To Tan

Too Fat To Tan

Hahaha I do think she was entitled to a refund though, seeing as how she wasn't informed before her purchase that she wasn't going to be able to tan on the beds.

Quote:Quote:

AKRON -- A woman was told she was too fat to tan at a Norton tanning salon.

Kelly McGrevey said she purchased a tanning package at Aloha Tanning in Norton on Monday after a quick tour of the salon.

When she returned to tan on Tuesday, McGrevey says the man working at Aloha at the time turned her away.

"He said, "Sorry, but I'm not going to let you tan today because we've just implemented a new policy where anyone over 230 pounds can't go in one of our beds,'" said McGrevey.

"I was just so shocked and embarrassed and humiliated."

You really had to be called out on your weight for that to happen?

http://www.wkyc.com/news/article/295552/...n-by-salon

Too Fat To Tan

Picture of the fat-ass customer. [Image: fatter.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg11293]   

Picture of the front-desk receptionist. [Image: idhitit.gif]

[Image: attachment.jpg11294]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Too Fat To Tan

She is very wide - how does she fit in a bed? Does she have to do one half of her body at a time?

I did notice how they stuffed the fact she could always tan standing up at the salon till the end of the piece.

That was not $70 well spent - should have invested in a gym membership. Or at least stock in Frito Lay.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Too Fat To Tan

230 pounds = 104 kilos...shitze, a land-whale!!!

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Too Fat To Tan

Fatness will be the new racism claim. I can already see the courts/headlines in the future... "Police discriminate based on weight." Losing weight at that fatness level would be so easy. Theres no reason for that.

Too Fat To Tan

On Monday, McGrevey tanned in a standup bed. When she returned Tuesday, that bed was broken and she was told traditional beds were off-limits to heavy customers.

"It really upset me. It's discrimination," said McGrevey.

No thats not discrimination, its called taking care of the company assets, fat bitch.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

Too Fat To Tan

She probably leaves behind a puddle of rendered fat every time she fries herself on their machine, and they were tired of it.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Too Fat To Tan

Ok fat jokes [Image: banana.gif] aside I think the law is NOT on the fat customer´s side

Is it a violation of your civil rights for a business to refuse to serve you because of the way you look, the way you smell, or the way you act? The answer is...it depends.

business owners could not discriminate, for example, against hippies, police officers, homosexuals, or Republicans, solely because of who they were.

the question generally turns on whether the business's refusal of service was arbitrary, or whether the business had a specific interest in refusing service.
( like If your so fat that you are at risk of breaking the beds)

http://www.legalzoom.com/us-law/equal-ri...se-service

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Too Fat To Tan

Quote: (04-20-2013 11:53 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

She probably leaves behind a puddle of rendered fat every time she fries herself on their machine, and they were tired of it.

That's true. She doesn't tan, she gets cooked.

The legal liability is that if she falls asleep in the bed, she will get flash-fried.

why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Too Fat To Tan

On Monday, McGrevey tanned in a standup bed. When she returned Tuesday, that bed was broken and she was told traditional beds were off-limits to heavy customers.

"It really upset me. It's discrimination," said McGrevey.

The traditional beds are discriminating against you by being unable to hold your girth? So now the equipment must be sensitive enough to go beyond its capabilities in order to spare your feelings?

[Image: B0ulpCj.gif]

"He asked if I was aware of how many times he had to replace the acrylic on those beds because of heavy people?"

As if she'd be willing to pay back the damage she'd cause on one of those beds. Any damage she'd cause would well exceed $70. Why should the owner take a financial risk just for the sake of her feelings.

McGrevey asked for a refund of the nearly $70 month-long tanning package so she could take her business somewhere else.

"I said, "Okay, I'd like my money back then. He said, no, we don't give refunds. I said, 'You're not going to give me a refund, I paid for a service that I'm not getting, and he said no, you can't have a refund," said McGrevey.

[Image: yE8eVg1.gif]

She already made use of her subscription with the stand-up beds before they broke. Unless she'd like to give up the tan she earned from that, she can piss off.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

Too Fat To Tan

Quote: (04-20-2013 11:31 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

Hahaha I do think she was entitled to a refund though, seeing as how she wasn't informed before her purchase that she wasn't going to be able to tan on the beds.

Kelly McGrevey said she purchased a tanning package at Aloha Tanning in Norton on Monday after a quick tour of the salon.

When she returned to tan on Tuesday, McGrevey says the man working at Aloha at the time turned her away.

"He said, "Sorry, but I'm not going to let you tan today because we've just implemented a new policy where anyone over 230 pounds can't go in one of our beds,'" said McGrevey.

Yes, she was so "shocked and embarrassed and humiliated" that she ran to the media and had it broadcast world wide that she was 230 pounds instead of settling this quietly. WTF????

Why go public with this? Either obesity is a twisted form of attention-whoring or women are COMPLETELY disconnected from their own feelings or the damsel-in-distress/White Knight mindset is ingrained in them.

I'm sure all of us can think of things that really "humiliated and embarrassed" us. And you can damn well bet we wouldn't call in the media to broadcast it.

Too Fat To Tan

The manager said she can cancel her credit card if she wants a refund [Image: laugh2.gif]

Too Fat To Tan

What amazes me most is that she even wants to tan. Does she really think that tan will make her look better?

Too Fat To Tan

She'll get tan lines all up in them rolls hahaha what a fat cow.

Next up 'Tanning Mats' for the "physical surplus" class.

Too Fat To Tan

I suppose it is no coincidence that "too fat to tan" is, in a myriad of ways, reminiscent of the phrase "too big to fail."

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Too Fat To Tan

Quote: (04-21-2013 01:04 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (04-20-2013 11:31 PM)Katatonic Wrote:  

Yes, she was so "shocked and embarrassed and humiliated" that she ran to the media and had it broadcast world wide that she was 230 pounds instead of settling this quietly. WTF????

That was the first thought that came into my head. There's a TV show here called Embarrassing Bodies and it's about people with some weird bodily abnormality that they're too embarrassed to talk to their family or friends about or go to the doctor and see.......so they go on the TV show which broadcasts to millions.

I don't think complete idiocy is limited to just fat people, unfortunately.

Too Fat To Tan

I don't understand what this woman was thinking.

She felt that going to a tanning salon and getting a tan would improve her aesthetics, no doubt for the impending beach season, right? Yet somehow she ruled out that going to the gym and losing some weight to improve her aesthetics was somehow the inferior option. Was she thinking that if she was the right hue of tan everyone would be see how beautiful she was despite being roughly the same size of an armored personnel carrier?

Too Fat To Tan

I imagine it would be just like cooking bacons in a microwave.
You better put paper towel underneath it because grease will come out.

BTW, the problem is not about HER but American Media.
There are always obnoxious people. I am sure you know this if you worked in any type of retail.
Now when she called them about the story, they should've just ignored such low scale story.

BUT they thought it was worth to talk about it

I can't imagine this kind of news can happen in my country. a person can write on a public forum and make an issue about it but major news company won't give a flying fuck.
'hey I got denied to use tanning bed cuz I am too fat and they kept my 70 bucks' on a news channel?? ROFL

Too Fat To Tan

I found her facebook https://www.facebook.com/kelly.mcgrevey

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Too Fat To Tan

Of course she has this picture on her Facebook. Goddamn, I'm sick of fat asses who have trouble walking up a flight of stairs calling themselves "curvy".
[Image: 544221_569142213119177_13163765_n.jpg]

Too Fat To Tan

Quote: (04-21-2013 06:10 PM)houston Wrote:  

Of course she has this picture on her Facebook. Goddamn, I'm sick of fat asses who have trouble walking up a flight of stairs calling themselves "curvy".

Fuck that photo and fuck how these fatties think they can tell us what we should want

Too Fat To Tan

Quote: (04-21-2013 06:10 PM)houston Wrote:  

To bad that meme is missing rollsm stretch marks, and body pimples all to common with fat obese women. That cartoon is of a women with legitimate curves, she has no rolls and is still tight, most men would no object to fuking that.

[Image: 5793084766_a307a52967_z.jpg]

^Curvy Woman.

This is a better cartoon fo the typical obese women:

[Image: l724209993.jpg]\n

Sick of these fat cows. SICK of em!

I told a fat cow on the subway her perfume smelled like Donuts and that she reminded me of Krispy Kreme. I said it in such a condescending tone that after 10secs her little grin turned into disgust when she finally got what I was getting at. Fucking heffers.. Sick of Em!

Too Fat To Tan

Its funny to see the coments on her facebook page, most of them other landwhales supporting her, or manginas telling her beatifull, the only guys who recomended her to loose weight gets lashed by the fat mob.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina