rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Job Advice on Fort Lauderdale or Orlando, FL

Job Advice on Fort Lauderdale or Orlando, FL

Hi guys!

I'm just getting home from work. Today they laid off 12 people from my department plus they laid off another department (completely.. So I'm kind of worried..

It got me thinking I could be the next one to go. I've only been there for about 2 months.. I'm thinking about getting a job in either Fort Lauderdale or Orlando as those are the less expensive airports to travel to and from where I live currently. I can travel back and forth for about $115-200.

I'm thinking of getting a job up there and traveling back and forth because I have some business arrangements that I just can't leave unattended.

So my question is. What advice could you give me about getting a job there? Is it easy or hard? Where I live right now it's pretty hard even to find a job that is full time and pays minimun wage. The only ways to get a full time job with a good salary are to have someone on the inside where you want to work, or to be extremely lucky.

I have a bachelor's degree in Business with a major in Computerized information systems (IT).

Would it be necessary to go up there to find a job? or could I find one through the internet? (monster, or other recruiting agency?)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.