rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Iceland

Iceland

Anybody been there? One of my readers lives in reykjavik and offered to show me around. I've heard good things about Iceland, from the hot exotic-looking women to the great nightlife. americans poll well over there i've been told.

Advice on places to visit, hotels, itinerary, etc much appreciated.

Iceland

I love Iceland, even though I've never been there. If you're looking for some inspiration to get over there, check out the DVD Heima. It's a music DVD by Sigur Ros, who is Iceland's #1 export in my book - there a sweet post rock type band. The DVD is about a free concert tour they gave one summer in Iceland and has some stunning images and video of the countryside. It looks really quaint, but awesome.

Flights there probably aren't too bad since they have their own airline, but its climate really isn't what I'm looking for when I want to spend some money to travel.

< site currently trashed >

Iceland

Sigur Ros?!?! What is Bjork? Chopped liver???? [Image: dodgy.gif] j/k, I love Sigur Ros and Bjork.

On the topic though, never been to Iceland, but have only heard good things about it, except for the costs. It's pretty expensive there from what I've been told, and that was BEFORE the USD fell off a cliff.

Iceland

Quote: (08-13-2008 04:12 PM)Roissy Wrote:  

Anybody been there? One of my readers lives in reykjavik and offered to show me around. I've heard good things about Iceland, from the hot exotic-looking women to the great nightlife. americans poll well over there i've been told.

Advice on places to visit, hotels, itinerary, etc much appreciated.

I was in Reykjavik about a year ago with my old lady and a buddy who lives in London. I was surprised by the amount of diversity (looks and body type, not race!) among the women. I expected all of them to be 6 foot tall Scandinavians, or perhaps Bjork, but they are not as across-the-board hot as, say Estonia, Denmark or Norway. (Haven't been to Sweden). Don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of 9s and 10s, but there's a good number of chubby, odd looking ones. It may have something to do with darkness 3 months out of the year.

One night, while getting ready to go out (as the sun was setting, around midnight) we caught some of the Jungfrau Island (also knows as "Miss Iceland") competition on TV. Later that night we saw some stunners who looked a lot like those girls... because of course they were! (Helpfully, THEY WERE STILL WEARING THEIR SASHES, which aided in identification. Awesome). Anyway, keep in mind that the entire country is probably smaller than most folks' home town... so that all the clubs in the country are pretty much on a couple blocks in the middle of town.

Oh, and people get SERIOUSLY fucked up. There seemed to be lots of people doing blow in the bathrooms, projectile vomiting by 11 pm, and girls jumping out of second story windows by 3 am. (She finally climbed back in after teetering on the windowsill for a good 10 minutes). The streets are filled with vomit and broken glass at 5 am, but by the time you wake up the next afternoon, the streets are clean and everything looks back to normal.

Keep in mind that even in summer, it is never really warm. (We were there in June and I'm pretty sure that down by the water it was close to 50 degrees, and WINDY). It's also expensive, but all-in-all, loads of fun. Given how small the place is, unless you're into nature and want to drive around the island, you can probably get enough of Reykjavik in a loong weekend.

(Agree about the Sigur Ros DVD comment... or try and catch it on Sundance Channel in High definition. Amazing).

Iceland

Quote:Quote:

There seemed to be lots of people doing blow in the bathrooms, projectile vomiting by 11 pm, and girls jumping out of second story windows by 3 am.

Sounds a lot like the british.

Iceland's environment has been seriously eroded over the years. Part of it is so barren that astronauts have been there to train for lunar surfaces. The environment is very important to icelanders (kinda like the dutch). I learned this is the book Collapse

Iceland

Haven't been there personally but talked to a guy that has. He was filming a reality TV show about the mating habits/customs of women worldwide. He claimed Iceland was the best place he'd been. Said girls will walk up to you and put their hands down your pants. I plan to find out for myself.

Iceland

Quote: (08-25-2008 02:12 PM)nwo4life Wrote:  

Haven't been there personally but talked to a guy that has. He was filming a reality TV show about the mating habits/customs of women worldwide. He claimed Iceland was the best place he'd been. Said girls will walk up to you and put their hands down your pants. I plan to find out for myself.

Yes and then report back. If it sounds too good to be true...

Iceland

I went there for the Iceland Airwaves music festival a few years back, and frequently stop off in Reykjavik for long weekends on my way to Europe (or at least I used to back in the days when Icelandair was operating out of BWI - they stopped doing so this past year).

The women there are amazing - feminine and somewhat reserved when sober, assertive and wild once they start drinking. Since it's such a small place (there are only like 125,000 people in Reykjavik), it seems like everyone there knows each other, and so outsiders, even plain Americans, are often viewed as "exotic". If you have darker skin and hair like Roosh you'll be even more of a catch.

One Icelander told me that it got to the point where Icelandic guys would talk to each other in the clubs IN ENGLISH, faking accents even, so that the women would think they were English or American. I never personally witnessed this, but I can attest that Americans are pretty popular over there.

If you go, stay in one of the hotels located in the "101" historic downtown area, within walking distance of all the bars/clubs/restaurants. It's a little more pricey, but well worth it. Don't stay in one of the further out hotels near the newer city center by the airport and shopping mall. I think the only hostel is located out that way, unfortunately.

Iceland

If you have darker skin and hair like Roosh you'll be even more of a catch

I'm there

Iceland

Quote: (08-27-2008 04:33 PM)hokieesq Wrote:  

it seems like everyone there knows each other, and so outsiders, even plain Americans, are often viewed as "exotic". If you have darker skin and hair like Roosh you'll be even more of a catch.

I've heard that about a lot of Nordic/W.European/E.European countries - and the exact opposite in Africa/Latin America/Middle East/Asia.

Iceland

Two links:

http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow...20050425/5
http://www.oprah.com/slideshow/oprahshow...20050425/6

"I don't think sex is that big a deal in Iceland. It's probably just because everyone is having it. So it's not something you have to talk about and be ashamed of. If a girl is starting to have sex [at] about 15 years of age, she isn't looked at as promiscuous and the boys aren't looked at that way either. Icelandic women are very independent—they don't wait for someone to ask them out, they just phone them."

Edit: This third one is pretty good

http://www.seduction.net/world1.htm

Edit 2: Actually this is the best one..

http://www.bootsnall.com/travelstories/e...4ice.shtml

Iceland

Okay, I'm sold on Iceland!

Iceland

I´m saving money to go there

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/459335/ice...reykjavik/

Iceland

here is another article on iceland which may explain why their culture is so sexually liberated:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/may...land/print

Iceland

I seriously find it hard to believe that average Iceland girls would be anything like that. If that were true, the cat would be out of the bag long ago and it would one big cockfest swarming with guys flying in from all over the world.

Iceland

Quote: (09-06-2008 09:23 PM)Shaman Wrote:  

OMG OMG OMG, go to this thread and LOOK, dear god Iceland is populated entirely by hot lesbians I swear to god, somebody needs to alert the media or something. JESUS!!

Lots of Pictures of Hot Icelandic Chicks

Sorry for replying so late, but I just checked out that link, and those girls don't look Icelandic AT ALL. They just look like trashy American sorority chicks. Don't get me wrong, there's some hot girls in that link, I'm just 100% certain they're not Icelandic.

For a real gallery, go to http://www.vegamot.is, and click on "Myndir".

Iceland

With their recent economic turmoil, it's a budget vacation now.

Finally some place where the dollar buys something.

Iceland

I was just thinking that today when i read the news that they just took over another big bank. They're screwed.

Iceland

Quote: (10-07-2008 06:19 PM)broken Wrote:  

That's good for visitors, I hear it is a very expensive place to visit for Americans.

Iceland

Quote: (10-08-2008 02:22 AM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (10-07-2008 06:19 PM)broken Wrote:  

That's good for visitors, I hear it is a very expensive place to visit for Americans.

I've heard the same thing. Perhaps now is the time?

Iceland

We will invade now when they are weak, pillage their village, and take their women!!!!!!!

Iceland

I'm 'exotic' looking...does that mean I'd be lucky in Iceland but not so lucky in SA? [Image: sad.gif]

Iceland

Aren't there many more women than there are men in Iceland. [Image: biggrin.gif] Not unlike in Nottingham, UK where there are meant to be 7 women to every guy there.

Iceland

Iceland is cheap now but i wonder if the people there can afford to go out.

Iceland

Quote: (12-16-2008 01:50 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Iceland is cheap now but i wonder if the people there can afford to go out.

Wow, just imagine. A country full of hot but poor blondes that can't afford to go out. Wouldn't that be like shooting fish in a barrel?