rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Turning An iPad Into A PC

In a bout to increase travel efficiency, I want to turn my iPad into a de-facto PC.

Meaning, I want to be able to use a mouse and keyboard on my iPad. Obviously, the keyboard is easy but can a mouse be used?

I've read briefly that a jailbroken iPad allows for mouse use as well. If anyone has experimented with this, what is the overall experience like? Is jailbreaking necessary to do this?

Any advice would be appreciated.

There's logmein which allows you to connect to your PC but your PC has to remain on.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for though.

Also, I do believe you can add a "on wake" function somehow where you can have your PC stay in sleep mode but have it turn on when you connect with logmein. Never done it before but it's possible.

Quote: (04-14-2013 03:50 PM)NY Digital Wrote:  

There's logmein which allows you to connect to your PC but your PC has to remain on.

Also, I do believe you can add a "on wake" function somehow where you can have your PC stay in sleep mode but have it turn on when you connect with logmein. Never done it before but it's possible.

I use Splashtop for remote access, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

I'm looking to operate my iPad as a computer more or less.

There are also wireless/bluetooth keyboards that have the keyboard and a touchpad/mouse area for you to use the mouse like feature. 2 birds one stone?

Quote: (04-14-2013 06:46 PM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2013 03:50 PM)NY Digital Wrote:  

I use Splashtop for remote access, but that's not really what I'm looking for.

I'm looking to operate my iPad as a computer more or less.