rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dive Bars - Tell me about yours!

I hang out at this "bar" from time to time, been going there for years and the staff knows me. It is a Gentleman's club, but the talent has gone downhill and sadly it seems a reflection of girls in the city.

I don't know what it is about this place, I can go there for a few hours and hangout while no one bothers me. I have had wild nights in the place but lately I just drink one beer and order some food, while pretending I am watching the sports events.

I have also met some pretty cool characters over the years, the non-corporate types. I guess it is my little escape from the daily BS of life.

Any cool stories regarding your local dive bar?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

delete

What's the definition of dive bar?
a place that filled with trash crowds? or a place that sells cheap beers?

There is this bar filled with young crowds. a lot of them drinks pbr or olympia can beers.
half of them are hipsters but quality of women are very good. (no fat chicks, chicks care about fashion etc)
In this kind of hipster bar, it's very hard to game since a lot of guys and girls come together and they all meet their friends there. (almost seems like a house party)

I didn't know what a dive bar was until I moved to Seattle. I think a dive bar is a shitty looking bar with games.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

Apologies guys for not making this clearer.

The title should read "Describe your local bar hangout"?

Our New Blog:

There's a bar around the corner from my house that I go to exclusively for the bartender on Saturday nights.
The crowd is mostly older people during the week but Saturday night the average age in the place is around mid twenties.
If I'm talking to a girl and I decide she's worth my weekend I'll take her here. Bartender will keep serving the regulars well into the AM
usually around 4am(last call 2am) when he starts to get tired.

Dive Bars I got a few but for regular local dumps my old spot is a no frills Greek Restaurant on the The Danforth. The Beer is shitty since their fridge is not cold enough it seems but I go there mostly for the food. At night the old Greek General holds it down in the kitchen and makes great burgers and pizzas, cheap too. The other cooks always fuck it up, so if I am there its a night when he is usually working. I'll be munching on a burger with a beer watching some baseball and browsing the paper. I've moved away from there but still gotta make up to the old spot once a month or so.

I just moved to town and there's a cool little bar 2 blocks away. It has a pool table and cheap drinks, at least for what I'm used to paying, and happy hour 9-1 am, so basically all night. It's not even really divey either. The place is huge and the two nights I've gone it's been packed. To be honest, a place with cheap drink, girls, TVs to watch the games, and a pool table, and I'm happy. There's another spot close by that has pool and ping pong tables, bowling, shuffle board (both table and floor), fooseball, darts, pretty much any bar game you can think of. I really dig it, plus it seems to have a decent amount of talent. Clubs aren't real big here, which is alright with me, I'm starting to get sick of that scene anyways. I prefer bars where I can actually have conversations.

Kosko - I love those type of places, makes a refreshing change from the trendy spots that are always opening up in the city.

Speaking of trendy, you been to Buono Notte yet?

Our New Blog:

Still like "Welcome to the Johnson's" in NYC (LES).

Great place to take rich chicks who feel like they are slumming. It's like a curious museum to them

There is a club i go to that stinks like a wetdog and you dare not touch the walls for fear of catching aids or some shit. However drinks are really cheap and it is always filled to the brim with cock hungry student irish girls. I love Irish girls.

[Image: nigs-bar.jpg]

[Image: nigs-bar.jpg]

Smaller bar in a converted old bank that gets a mix of locals and tourists.

Pretty much a landmark in town.

Not the cleanest and not the place to go watch a game, but fun now and then.

For those wondering, it's had the name since the 50's through multiple owners.