rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Date Lab: another guy rejects possibly pretty girl

[Image: date0407.jpg]

Maybe the tide is turning on these Date Labs..

Quote:Quote:

Robb: I didn’t really feel like [chemistry] was there. I got out of a relationship a month or two ago. My head is still in that weird space. [But] I’ve been on dates where there was more chemistry, more possibility that something could come from it. [Still,] I was like, We’re already out; let’s keep this going. We went to the Passenger.

After the date she texted him and he just ignored it. [Image: lol.gif]

It is strange when a guy talks about "chemistry." What was her true malfunction? Any Google experts to get more pics of her? Face could be potentially manly.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/...ml?hpid=z4

I personally respect his choice of "colossal squid" as his favorite animal.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Dude, at 31, is hitting his stride. She, at 29, is approaching the wall. Dude sees limitless talent on the horizon ("just got out of a relationship") and was unimpressed. Judging by her tone and actions (texting him), she probably came off as eager and thirsty.

A second male rejection on Date Lab is officially a trend.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Possible reasons:

[Image: 0407%20DL%20meter%20Web.jpg]

Robb: At first, it just felt a little tense and awkward. I felt like I was trying to fill a lot of silence with conversation. We obviously had stuff to talk about, [but] the conversation felt a little one-sided at times.

She may have been one of those girls who expects you to carry the conversation, and when you don't she thinks you're awkward.

I sort of buy the chemistry line. Occasionally I talk to girls and I just get this totally non-sexual vibe, and I can't even imagine having sex with them. Like sex with them makes about as much sense as say, beating off to pictures of golf courses. I'm not that into Asians anyway, but a lot of them have that vibe here in America. Sometimes I'll just convince myself the girl is cute and make the move despite not feeling like it, and see if this brings her to life.

I’m very bad at wrapping dates up. Do you go for the handshake, do you kiss her, the high-five? It was getting kind of awkward, and she was like, “Are you going to ask me for my number?” So I got her number and gave her mine.

He's awkward when it comes to touching strange girls, so when he feels no chemistry, he's not going to just brute force it like you or I might. Instead, he'll just accept it as a lost cause.

In response to Ali below:

The guy could have closed, especially if it'd been a weekend. He chose not to to. A man with standards in D.C. Game recognized.

Standards =/= game. It could even be a sign of weak game, or that his outside options are good. It sounds like he doesn't get sex quickly with girls, and he's not looking forward to putting in three or five dates just to bang this girl and then drop her like we might. Meanwhile, he's got another girl. I'm actually surprised he ignored her text - unless she was horrendous in some way, that sounds a little passive aggressive - dude is probably the type to avoid confrontation.

When you can bang a girl quickly, your willingness to try and fuck any given girl increases. Less projected expense per girl --> more attempts.

The guy could have closed, especially if it'd been a weekend. He chose not to to. A man with standards in D.C. Game recognized.

Less favorable angle:

[Image: jackie-o-brien.jpg]

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

I wonder if this guy is playing "Woody Allen Game." I used to play this. It's really not a game -- more of a mood/personality disorder. It goes like this:

"What's the point? We probably won't hit it off. And if we do, we'll just break up. That's how the last one went. So who cares? Why even take a number? What's there to say anyway? There is no point. I give up. Goodnight."

Which brings up a point I'd like to make. I did better with women the year after I got dumped from a long-term relationship than at any other time. At the time, I really was despondent and behaved like this. I'd like to posit the theory that while women can smell desperation -- and recoil from it -- women will often respond positively to out-and-out despondency and it brings out their nurturing instincts ("Let me make you better! I can help!").

Maybe that's not what this guy was doing, but it did work for me. There's a Seinfeld episode about this, where Jerry tries to be dark and depressing to get a woman not to like him but the reverse happens.

Quote: (04-06-2013 12:24 PM)Soma Wrote:  

Less favorable angle:

[Image: jackie-o-brien.jpg]

[Image: 35jocv.jpg]

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

She's older, can't tell how attractive.

He's good-looking and has other options.

He acted like a guy with other options, goes on a lot of dates, who's confident in himself unlike most losers on Date Lab who are seemingly desperate betas, or at least are made to look that way by the average looking entitled bitches on there usually who have 5 studs on speed dial to fuck them anyway.

She actually showed interest, which is rare, first of all, on Date Lab.

He wasn't interested back. Finally.

She's older and average looking, not much personality. Next.

Jackie:I was relieved when I saw [Robb]. He was definitely handsome, well-kept. Definitely something I would go for.

Jackie: There was a point where we both had mentioned exes, and I said,
“I don’t think you’re supposed to talk about that on a first date.” So then he reached in his pocket and pulled out a list of topics to avoid. Things like the weather, Michelle Obama’s bangs. Ex-lovers was number one. My father, unless he was an astronaut or a fighter pilot. It was pretty funny.

He pulled out a cheat sheet mid-date?

It's amazing that good-looking white guys, who have desperate white girls on automatic lock right off the bat, still try their hardest to fuck up fuck-up avoidance game.

I know he wasn't that interested, but still... what in the world?

I also did a double take at "Michelle Obama's bangs."

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Quote: (04-06-2013 12:10 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

I’m very bad at wrapping dates up. Do you go for the handshake, do you kiss her, the high-five? It was getting kind of awkward, and she was like, “Are you going to ask me for my number?” So I got her number and gave her mine.

bad at wrapping up dates huh? Robb with two r's should read the forum. If he had read the Tuthmosis Recipe For Securing First Date Bangs he would know how to wrap up a date!!

From the website...

"Jackie is funny, sophisticated, appealingly cynical and seems quite capable of handling a dude who is perhaps a leetle too pleased with himself.”

Maybe he wanted someone a little more pleasant.

I would have at least banged her out---but if he's swimming in other pussy and not really into her then why bother I guess.

He's got the aloof, outcome independent, don't-give-a-fuck attitude down that's fo sho.

Game recognized.

He's definitely playing Woody Allen Game. I Googled him and found his Facebook. One woman compared him physically to Woody and in another post he quotes the lyrics to the Paul Simon song "Richard Cory" -- a song about a guy who seemingly has it all but commits suicide.

That said, he's a photographer and probably gets to shoot all sort of hot women so his standards are probably higher than this woman.

Anywho, how is this "game". Even guys with no game turn down what they are not interested in...

Game would have been parlaying that 6 into a 8 with "chemistry spark" at the bar he was at. Am I right? That was just a waste of a night for him.

That would be an interesting date. Trading up in the middle of it lol. That would be awesome. No popularity points on Washpo though for sure. Haha. **daydream** Probably wouldn't even publish it. Date Lab is such a rigged game it's almost an illusion. What's the fucking BEST you can hope for it's on a newspaper.......

Having standards is not game. It's a part of it, but game has not devolved to the points where having standards is good enough. Game is game, making shit happen, not spending a date with a basic chick and not responding to her text. Cmonnow guys.

It's like calling yourself an engineer because you play with legos. Or a chef because you cook at home. A lot more to it.

As a forum example, think about what a guy like gmanifesto would do with this date and that's way closer to game than this guy.

I sort of buy the chemistry line. Occasionally I talk to girls and I just get this totally non-sexual vibe, and I can't even imagine having sex with them. Like sex with them makes about as much sense as say, beating off to pictures of golf courses. I'm not that into Asians anyway, but a lot of them have that vibe here in America. Sometimes I'll just convince myself the girl is cute and make the move despite not feeling like it, and see if this brings her to life.

There was a girl like this for me in college. She was really attractive---5'9, lovely features, stacked as hell and in great shape (she was a rower). Over four years of college I managed to more-or-less discretely bang my way through the crew team---but never once had the urge to pursue this girl. We actually managed to become pretty good friends but I was never interested in her sexually and could never figure out why. I think "chemistry" is very often overrated when it comes to these kinds of things, but in this case it probably explains the total disconnect.

Quote: (04-06-2013 01:04 PM)dragnet Wrote:  

There was a girl like this for me in college. She was really attractive---5'9, lovely features, stacked as hell and in great shape (she was a rower). Over four years of college I managed to more-or-less discretely bang my way through the crew team---but never once had the urge to pursue this girl. We actually managed to become pretty good friends but I was never interested in her sexually and could never figure out why. I think "chemistry" is very often overrated when it comes to these kinds of things, but in this case it probably explains the total disconnect.

Did she act or move boyishly? I've noticed a lot of athletic women are like this and man does it kill the mood. It's like that old MTV VJ named Duff -- remember her? Facially gorgeous (used to model), nice body, but no female vibe. Looked great in pics though.

We can learn from these women. The way they make us feel is the way women feel when we go in looking good but behave like ball-less loser Beta males with no masculine qualities whatsoever.

What would be funny is if they canceled date lab because "bullies on a misogynistic forum were sexually harassing the women."

Sounds like the dude had other options he would rather pursue. That is the key: never put all your "eggs in one basket" and you will never come off as needy or thirsty to bitches.

I totally missed the fact that the dude is a photographer. If you're a decently successful photographer, even (or especially) as a beta you will be turning away good pussy. I met a guy like this recently. If it were me, I'd still be banging my way through em all, high libido and all.

Game would have been parlaying that 6 into a 8 with "chemistry spark" at the bar he was at.

[Image: troll.gif]

Quote: (04-06-2013 03:37 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Game would have been parlaying that 6 into a 8 with "chemistry spark" at the bar he was at.

[Image: troll.gif]

Glad you caught that simpish comment too.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"