rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If Apple designed a house...

it might look like this.

One room. Many different functions:

I want to live in an apartment like this. And I imagine it would be a third of the price of a comparable apartment of the same 'size'.

If Apple designed a house it would look like this:

[Image: attachment.jpg10904]   

With these toilets:

[Image: attachment.jpg10905]   

And here are your roommates:

[Image: attachment.jpg10906]   

If Apple designed a house there would be no Windows!

If you want to see an Apple Store type of house look at both the plans for the new Apple HQ and look at what was planned and designed for Steve Jobs' house

Quote: (04-04-2013 10:28 AM)Emancipator Wrote:  

If Apple designed a house there would be no Windows!

[Image: laugh2.gif]

Nice joke there about the Windows.

But on a serious point. I really hope houses/apartments like the one at the start of the thread become popular. I think the main problem these days is the lack of affordable homes for the increasing populations (due to immigration and increasing numbers of single people) in the west. And if those homes can take up less space then that is a boon as well.

I like these shipping container homes as well:

http://www.mnn.com/your-home/remodeling-...-of-living

The key thing is to know how much cheaper they are than a comparable house.

If Apple designed a house it would like when they got into the bottled water market:

[Image: attachment.jpg10907]   

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Quote:Quote:

Literally twice as many hydrogen atoms as there are oxygen atoms

Oh man, I'm dying over here [Image: lol.gif]

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Steve Jobs' yacht looks pretty cool
[Image: article-2224559-15BC425E000005DC-90_634x237.jpg]
[Image: article-2224559-15BC4256000005DC-314_634x475.jpg]

If Apple designed a house, it would probably look like Carlo Santambrogio's see-through all-glass house:

[Image: PLT6JmR.jpg]

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Quote: (04-04-2013 09:48 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

If Apple designed a house, it would probably look like Carlo Santambrogio's see-through all-glass house:

Isn't there a way to make windows opaque or translucent on command? If that were the case, that would be a pretty slick house.

Quote: (04-04-2013 11:02 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Quote: (04-04-2013 09:48 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

Isn't there a way to make windows opaque or translucent on command? If that were the case, that would be a pretty slick house.

Also the glass would somehow need to be self cleaning or dirt resistant. Otherwise it would look dirty very fast and would be a total bitch to clean by hand.

Girls should be an ornament to the eye, not an ache in the ear.

Quote: (04-04-2013 11:02 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

Isn't there a way to make windows opaque or translucent on command?

It's called smart glass. Here's a demo:

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Quote: (04-04-2013 10:11 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

I want to live in an apartment like this. And I imagine it would be a third of the price of a comparable apartment of the same 'size'.

Have you ever slept on a Murphy Bed? The springs that fold it back up make loud sprong sounds with every wiggle, all through the night. And when you get up to take a piss, it sprongs back up into the wall. So you have to pull it down, in the dark, while half-asleep in the middle of the night, to get back into bed. Meanwhile your pillow got catapulted who knows where and all the sheets followed gravity when your bed went on end.

It's fucking ridiculous.

[Image: 220px-Murphy_bed.jpg]

Quote: (04-04-2013 10:11 AM)cardguy Wrote:  

I imagine it would be a third of the price of a comparable apartment of the same 'size'.

Imagine away. The reality is all those moving systems go out of whack with use and need constant lubrication, repair, and maintenance. And when just one of those overlapping systems breaks, the whole space is unlivably fucked. "Oh sorry honey, we can't sleep in our bed tonight because the kitchen isn't folding back into the floor properly and we're waiting for the repairman to show up later next week to fix it..."

Much less raising an infant or small child in that space. Or even being drunk yourself. So much moving machinery and so many crushing hinges that are a landlord's nightmare and a liability lawsuit waiting to happen.

But everyone in San Francisco still talks about the Condor Club's automated piano that could be raised and lowered. The club staff would use it as a gimmick to get girls to fuck them on top of the piano after shows. Until the night it went horribly, horribly wrong.

[Image: condorpiano02.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Ha! Smart response. Very good.

Apple fanaticism might be the strongest cult in the world. Not even the Branch Davidians came close.