rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Wealthy Author Gets Old and Bored- Becomes a Shopaholic

Author of Friday Night Lights writes about his Gucci addiction and dabbles in cross-dressing.

Here.

Quote:Quote:

Think it's easy to be different in America? Try something as benign as wearing stretch leather leggings or knee-high boots if you are a man.

[Image: buzz-bissinger-2.jpg]

I read this and the dude came off as a complete herb. It reminded me why I stopped reading GQ a while ago.

He doesn't say if he can afford all of this, so I can't comment on that aspect. But it's worth pointing out that he's spending all this money on the most overpriced and silliest fashion items: high-end casual wear.

He went from being the epitome of one type of bad style, the sack suit, to another, the absurd peacock. He thinks that people judge him for being cutting edge. No. A younger man with an athletic build could pull it off, but this dude is old and not in particularly good shape. If he took a quarter of the money that he spends on Gucci and spent some time with a good Neopolitan or Saville Row tailor and a quality bespoke shoemaker, he would be killing it. Instead he looks like one of the dudes who used to roll with Mystery to Toronto clubs in 2000.

Yeah the article had me hooked in the beginning from a writing perspective and at a certain point in the middle it took a turn down the wrong road I think at the cross-dressing point and I was like what...

I think he just got lost in a boring marriage, mid-life crisis.

I wonder what his cross-dressing name is? I'm guessing Muffy Supreme.

You buried the lede. He became more than a shopaholic.

I began to wonder about sex and sexuality and where exactly I fit in in the complex spectrum. I did go into the sexual unknown, and the clothing I began to wear routinely gave me the confidence to do it, to transcend the rigid definitions of sexuality and gender, just as I also know there were the requisite stereotypical snickers.

Was I homosexual because so much of what I wore is associated with gays? I did experiment. And while I don't think it is my sexual being, I can tell you that gay men as a group are nicer, smarter, have a shitload more fun than straight whites. Was I veering toward becoming a dominant leather master in the S&M scene, the leather fetish an obvious influence in most of the clothing I purchased and in much of high fashion itself? I did experiment. Was I a closeted or maybe not so closeted transvestite? Tom Ford makeup is divine; the right foundation and cheek blush and eyeliner and lipstick can do wonders for the pallid complexion. Thigh-high boots add to any wardrobe, although walking on six-inch stilettos for hours is just a bitch and therefore confined to the privacy of my house, seen only by the UPS man, who at this point could not possibly be surprised by anything. But a dress or skirt just doesn't look good on me, and I can't ever do a thing with my hair. The look I was going for was more David Bowie androgynous. It wasn't successful.

The clothes were a way for him to try on the gay lifestyle for while after his marriage fell apart. He got into S & M after an earlier marraige ended, it seems like he wanted to experiment even more, this time with men. This whole thing wasn't about the clothes. It was about engaging in sexual activity with other men. And while he dodges the question of what gay acts he participated in, it's clear that he crossed some kind of line. And this is a how gay America is now: a fucking sports writer is obsessively buying designer labels and seeing what life is like out of the closet. Pathetic.

And this is a how gay America is now: a fucking sports writer is obsessively buying designer labels and seeing what life is like out of the closet. Pathetic.

That is exactly what I got out of the article, I did not know how to express that.

He complains that he can't cross-dress without being frowned on by society or criticized. He is still on the fence towing the line trying to have his cake and eat it too and that is what America is trying to do to EVERYBODY, blur the lines of sexuality so people don't have to make a hard choice, they can be gay and omega and submissive and have wives also, no questions asked.

most of the GQ readership is metrosexual or gay, so it makes sense to publish an article like this

the magazine is targeting their demographic.

i dont see how it can be generalized to "america's trying to make you gay" in all honesty.

I think he's bipolar and doesn't realize how ridiculous he looks.

Seems to me a case of how you see yourself vs how the world sees you.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Quote: (04-02-2013 04:30 PM)Lights Wrote:  

And this is a how gay America is now: a fucking sports writer is obsessively buying designer labels and seeing what life is like out of the closet. Pathetic.

That is exactly what I got out of the article, I did not know how to express that.

He complains that he can't cross-dress without being frowned on by society or criticized. He is still on the fence towing the line trying to have his cake and eat it too and that is what America is trying to do to EVERYBODY, blur the lines of sexuality so people don't have to make a hard choice, they can be gay and omega and submissive and have wives also, no questions asked.

That's a profound truth. People are constantly told they can do everything, have everything, while in truth happiness lies in making hard choices and following through on them. People are left inhabiting this twilight zone of not committing to any values and making no hard choices out of fear of closing doors. They desperately want to be liked by everyone.

That in itself ends up having consequences and closing doors.

People forget that not making a decision is a decision in itself.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat