rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obama Passes Monsanto protection act

From RT

“But Obama ignored [the petition],” IB Times’ Connor Sheets writes, “instead choosing to sign a bill that effectively bars federal courts from being able to halt the sale or planting of GMO or GE crops and seeds, no matter what health consequences from the consumption of these products may come to light in the future.”

http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-bill-blunt-agriculture-006/

I don't think I've ever seen someone break down (with references) why GMO crops are bad for your health. All I see is nutjobs on facebook saying the lizard people created them to give us all aids.

Anyone have a link to some good info on the matter?

http://www.amazon.com/Seeds-Deception-Go...d_add_1_dp

Haven't read it myself though

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Quote: (04-01-2013 12:29 AM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I don't think I've ever seen someone break down (with references) why GMO crops are bad for your health. All I see is nutjobs on facebook saying the lizard people created them to give us all aids.

One example:
Cancer row over GM foods as study says it did THIS to rats... and can cause organ damage and early death in humans

Here is the study:
http://www.ijbs.com/v05p0706.htm

Basically its getting to the point where virgin crops have to be planted near by because bugs and bees are dying from eating the GMO particles. Monsanto Scientific won't eat GMO crops themselves - the staff cafeteria at Monsanto are stocked with non-GMO foods...

GMO crops are just there to make Monsanto lots of money and to make us lazy, stupid, and fat.

Lol. The poor-as-shit Sub-Saharan African nations of Zambia and Benin have outlawed all GMO foods.

I doubt the courts would do much to prevent the sale of such food anyway. Remember these are the same courts that find in favor of Monsanto, when Monsanto sues farmers for copyright infringement because field A cross pollinates with field B and Monsanto DNA turns up in non Monsanto crops.

Firstly we can not know the impacts of such food without multi-generational testing....however that is not the main objection point that farmers with, nor those with economic knowledge or those that desire product choice in the market place.

The greatest impairment from Monsanto is they tend to generate species that can not naturally reproduce, effective infertile. They have done this to ensure a captive consumer who must return to monstano year after year to buy seeds. That's bad in an economic, it embeds an econom c rent.

A few of their species, and you would have to suspect it is an end goal, when cross pollinated woth a non-GMO species, tenf to then redner the non-GMO offspring infertile as well.

So what that means is that a farmer who elects to not grow non-GMO produce, to deliver choice in the market place, and have a GMO farmer next door, and some bees bring some pollen from those GMO plants into his produce, he can not derive natural seeds from them.

It can effectively kills the non-GMO plants from the marketplace.

In regards to any disbelievers, people that think GMO crops are not very damaging to the healths population please just google for scientific studies.

It's surprising how the world is working right now.[Image: confused.gif]

If there is any inkling that GMO foods could be even slightly bad for us, then why should we eat them? so Monsanto can make a buck? There is no other reason for them, there is not one good reason anyone should be support this rort.

Ridiculous.

The other day I was at the market and saw a normal sized package of organic chicken, three normal breasts, selling for $18. I don't like to eat GMO food, but I also don't like paying $20 for 2 meals worth of chicken. Many countries ban GMO products.

Unfortunately it now becomes ever so clear how much your currency has been devalued.

Also your own values. Why do you want to spend less on food? So you can spend more on hedonistic activities or purchase more well marketed products?

Just sayin - no hippydude

GMO crops are mutated cells. Imagine if your sperm would be mutated and it would obviously give birth to mutants who have many types of cancer from since they are young.

It is a nutjob to think that Genetically Modified Organisms have any safety at all...

You can read more info at http://gmokills.org/

Quote: (04-01-2013 03:14 PM)uni Wrote:  

GMO crops are mutated cells. Imagine if your sperm would be mutated and it would obviously give birth to mutants who have many types of cancer from since they are young.

It is a nutjob to think that Genetically Modified Organisms have any safety at all...

GMO technically is any organism that has been altered by genetic engineering. Most of your medicines are created by GMO bacteria. People have been selectively breeding foods that cause them to be infertile as well (eg bananas). Genetically modifying humans could be of great benefit ie. curing diabetes via gene therapy.

I don't think all the hate on anything genetically modified is warranted, but I'll have to look into the points everyone else brought up to come to a conclusion. I should know more about this, but my genetics knowledge is mainly techniques + microorganisms.

I don't like the whole money/politics aspect of it though: "GMO crops are just there to make Monsanto lots of money and to make us lazy, stupid, and fat."

T and A man: you say they create the plants so that they're infertile, but they can cross pollinate. That doesn't make any sense.

Kosko the article/study you linked was good info. Seems to me that study showed it was the insecticides produced by the GMO corn which could be causing the tumors or the insecticide they sprayed on the corn. Seems kind of dumb that they'd create an organism which produces something like that without testing its effects on humans. That is also just one small study.

wow, the president signs into law an act which was written by his largest campaign contributors?

NO FUCKING WAY!!!!!!

This is step by step http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/ in the making.

This movie was REVOLUTIONARY in the way it predicts exactly what is happening right now

Quote: (04-01-2013 06:01 AM)Woodpecker Wrote:  

Unfortunately it now becomes ever so clear how much your currency has been devalued.

Also your own values. Why do you want to spend less on food? So you can spend more on hedonistic activities or purchase more well marketed products?

Just sayin - no hippydude

Even though he's banned now banned, which took him less than 24 hours, congrats..

1) $18 for a package of chicken is EXTREMELY high. You can get it even at whole foods for much cheaper. It's just where I live is a little isolated and prices are really jacked up.

2) "Also your own values. Why do you want to spend less on food? So you can spend more on hedonistic activities or purchase more well marketed products?" - Unless you are making $100k+ a year, it's ridiculous to pay $20 for a pack of chicken.

Not trying to sidetrack, but the issue of genetically "modified" does lead into the issue of genetically synthesized food. The anti-meat people have been screaming about the treatment of animals. The solution in the long term would be growing meat outside of cows, without the need to harvest animals.

Closer to the point. Corn is not a naturally occurring organism. It was "created" by human cultivation and cross pollination. Since it's not genetically natural does that mean we shouldn't eat corn? I dunno.

I don't like the idea that corporations (and other powerful lobbies) have so much pull in Washington, but that IS the game today. What I'm wondering here though, is what's the harm? Specifically, how are these foods going to harm human beings, and if we have full disclosure are we then not responsible for deciding to eat them or not?

If they are not bad for people's health why would Monsanto want immunity from any health problems caused by GMO crops. This fact that Monsanto needed this law at all suggests that they know something is wrong with GMO food.

Quote: (04-01-2013 05:26 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Many countries ban GMO products.
Most countries ban GMO products.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

Quote: (04-01-2013 03:40 PM)uni Wrote:  

This is step by step http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387808/ in the making.

This movie was REVOLUTIONARY in the way it predicts exactly what is happening right now

I have been thinking the same thing.

"Equality may perhaps be a right, but no power on earth can ever turn it into a fact."

"Want him to be more of a man? Try being more of a woman!"

"It is easier to be a lover than a husband, for the same reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day, than to say bright things from time to time."

Balzac, Physiology of Marriage

Quote: (04-02-2013 01:21 AM)rastignac Wrote:  

Quote: (04-01-2013 05:26 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Many countries ban GMO products.
Most countries ban GMO products.

Not even close

http://www.organicconsumers.org/gefood/c...thbans.cfm

Thanks for sharing those things.For me,It doesn’t matter if “for a great many voters, his signing of the Monsanto Protection Act was one signature too far.” He’s on his second term. No one can stop him. The genie is out of the bottle.Source of article: Check this out

Yes we have been "modifying" are crops for centuries but their is a difference in splicing crop genes to naturally weed out certain traits. This took time and naturally was proper and just whiten the larger context of the bio-environment. What you have now are mutated species that are crafted in a lab. Random splicing is done with random genes from wherever the fuck they want to take them from. Animal genes, random plant species that have no relation to the crop simply because it adds a more 'desirable' trait. I draw the line on fortifying a crop to make it more nutrient dense, or a crop to be more resilient to grow in certain climates/environments. Anything else is not needed and is not ideal.

Its getting to the point where modern corn is so dead and nutritionally empty that with many cereals they are so void of any real nutrition the box it comes in will give you more nutrients then the cereal its self.

Simple things like biio-diversity and natural selection have been weeded out of the process. What we do now has nothing to do with the traditional way in which we grew naturally modified or heirloom crops.