rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Running of the bulls/Pamplona??

Anyone on here ever hit this up? Was looking at some youtube videos and it looks pretty insane.

How are the parties? Women?

I MIGHT add this to my bucket list along with Octoberfest and the Daytona 500.

I don't it 3 years ago. It is not a game, a man was killed the morning after I did it.

Locals are hardcore, I seen an American tourist try and kick a bull, 5 locals just kicked his fuck in in the middle of the coliseum. Cops will beat you out of the way with hose pipes if you don't move quick enough.

If you run in front of the bulls into the coliseum the local spectators will whistle to show their displeasure and throw oranges and bottle of water at you. It's a respect thing, your a Pussy if you don't let the bulls run with or past you.

Your the man if you get to where the fighting bulls are let out and ly down to let the bull leap over you .I tried the entire time, increadbly hard to get to as the locals swarm it.

It is impossible to stay with friends during the run, people will push to I front of them and pull you down to save themselves. You need to be on your toes.

Loads of Australian tourist, arrogant to the max.

Where are you intending to stay, we camped out about 5 miles outside at a massive camp site. Party's all night, bus runs you into the city in the morning for the run.

Running into the coliseum and being bathed in light is a moment that I will never forget, some real life gladiator shit.

Thanks. Are the bulls easy to avoid in the streets? Or am I seriously risking my life? I know they say never jump, if they get at you just lay flat on the ground.

How are the bars/pubs?

The street is about 10ft wide and they let 5 (front what i remember) bulls down at the same time. It is a risk. I think its a surprise if nobody dies each year. Two died the year i was at it(one was drunk and fell off some city walls). If a bull kills somebody it increases the value of the breeders stock. There are tv shows on in the cafes/bars, its like match of the day.

Never bothered with night life, so i cant advise on that. from what i understand its fairly close to san sebastian. We got talking to some spanish birds and they where heading there after. we were going the opposide way to barcalona.

It is an amazing thing to do. It is animal cruilty at the end of the day but the locals do seem to have some strange love for the bulls.

Quote: (03-29-2013 11:03 AM)TheCaptainPower Wrote:  

Thanks. Are the bulls easy to avoid in the streets? Or am I seriously risking my life? I know they say never jump, if they get at you just lay flat on the ground.

How are the bars/pubs?

Yes.

Of course you are risking your life. A bull hitting you at full speed on a narrow cobble stone street hurts more than a pillow.

I heard more people die from jumping off a tower in the main square though. Don't know how true that is.

I have been to this even twice and have posted my thoughts on the forum before.

G, can you hit me up with the link when you get the chance? I didn't find much on the forum search...

Thanks,
Captain P

http://www.rooshvforum.network/search.php?ac...order=desc

Quote: (03-29-2013 11:51 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

This is the message that shows when I open your link.
"An invalid search was specified. Please go back and try again."

Quote: (03-31-2013 04:33 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Quote: (03-29-2013 11:51 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

This is the message that shows when I open your link.
"An invalid search was specified. Please go back and try again."

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5060.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2016.html

Quote: (03-29-2013 11:40 AM)TheCaptainPower Wrote:  

G, can you hit me up with the link when you get the chance? I didn't find much on the forum search...

Thanks,
Captain P

Found on search:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5060.html

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-2016.html

A little later in the summer is la tomatina. Highly recommended as far as bucket list

I'm debating between Pampalona and Tomatina. I saw youtube vids of Tomatina and it seems pretty lame. Lots of rules and the actual tomato throwing doesn't last long.

Which is better?

Quote: (03-31-2013 08:06 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

I'm debating between Pampalona and Tomatina. I saw youtube vids of Tomatina and it seems pretty lame. Lots of rules and the actual tomato throwing doesn't last long.

Which is better?

I think Roosh went to that Tomatina thing and hated it.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes, but Hen, I think you would hate it.

I have never been and have no interest in going so I can't really answer your question, but I think Pampalona over Tomatina for sure.

Who wants a bunch of tomatoes on their fly threads?

I went to Pamplona back in 2010, one of the greatest parties I have ever experienced.
The vibe is amazing. Everybody dressed in white, dancing and singing in the streets from early till late, getting buzzed on cheap sangria and cerveza.
The bull running is early in the morning (around 8 I think), and after that most people ( some are taken to the hospital to be stiched up and will probably be shitting in a plastic bag for the rest of their life) head back for some hours of sleep before continuing party until the early hours.
There is street entertainment and awsome fireworks. I didnt get with any spanish chicks (hard as fuck), but regardles the San Fermin is to be experienced!
GO!

-Rdp

Ahh San Fermin that takes me back. I went to both San Fermin and Tomatina back in 2007 and have to say San Fermin allllll the way. Tomatina is fun for maybe 10 mins but after that its pretty awful and there is no escape from the tomato moshpit. Plus it was over 40 C when I went so you literally feel like your a pizza being cooked in the hot sun. Anyway I just dug out an old email about San Fermin which is pretty long but sums it up well I think (apologies for the errors but I couldn't be bothered to go through and correct it all):

----

First i have to rant and rave on about the running of the bulls festival in pamplona, it is just the most craziest insane unbelievable thing iv ever experienced. Ill try and give a few stories but there's just no way Im gonna give it justice so i urge all of you to make it to pamplona one day and see it for yourself coz ull never forget it. I also urge you to read all this email coz I reckon its gonna be a good one.

Firstly the opening ceremony is off the chart, you make your way into town at about 10 am and everyones already drunk and spraying each other with wine and beer and sangria and everything. I made my way into the town square and its just absolute chaos in there. Its like a giant moshpit and the floor is covered in broken glass. Then the mayor comes out of town hall and declares the festival open and everyone goes completly balisitic and theres champagne spraying everywhere and skulling sangria and its soooo much fun, your clothes get completly trashed.

Then theres is an australian and kiwi tradition, by the way with the amount of aus and nzers here you would think its just as much of a anzac tradition as a spanish one, of jumping off this pretty high statue into a crowd of people who have to catch them. It is seriously one of the dumbest things iv ever seen, all these drunk aussie guys diving off this thing. I saw someone dive head first into the crowd, guys where doing backflips, some were doing it naked. I heard later that someone died coz he broke his neck and someone else broke their legs. Its just utter chaos.

Next to the bull run, well on the first day there is just so many people and I got thrown out because i didnt get their early enough. I did manage to have my running of the riot police though, the cops here are freaken nuts, we were trying to get back in and they seriously just beat anyone who steps
the slightest bit out of line. These full on riot police with all the gear starting chasing a massive group of us to get off the track, this was probly just as scary as the bull run.

Ok so the next night was another massive party in the street and lots of sangria involved again. I was so tired and that with the alcohol didnt mix well and i had to go and have a lil nap in the park. So I was sleeping in the park with a few friends and apparently, although i have absolutely no
memory of this, i apparently just got up without saying a word and sprinted off in some direction away from everyone. Then i woke up in another park without any of my stuff and i thought id been robbed and lost everything, so i wondered around the streets trying to find people for a while and i
eventually found some others from my tour group. I met this guy who had done the bull run like 4 times so he coaxed me into doing it. Standing in the pit waiting for the bulls to be released is the most nerv racking thing ever coz theres no return from here and no way to get out. I kept saying to the guy so whats the game plan again what do I do. I asked him about 35 times. It was seriously so scary, the looks on everyones faces just says what the fuck am I doing here what have I done. Then the first rocket goes off and everyone just starts bolting for their life but I hung back for the second rocket which means the bulls are actually on the track, I have no idea why I did this the guy just told me to. So then the second rocket hit and I started running and shoving anyone who was in my way, then you just here this deafening stampede and I just went straight to the wall and hugged it like it was my long lost lover, I looked behind me and it was just like a big black light that just flashes straight past you, they passed pretty dam close to me, I saw some people get absolutely nailed by one of the bulls and trampled on and everything. After they had passed and you are running behind them its the most incredible feeling, you are so pumped up with adrenaline
its not funny, I was just running on the street yelling fuck yeh fuck yeh.

So thats my bullrun story, oh and it turns out i gave all my stuff to my friend before I went to sleep in the park, how good is that for drunken smartness.

Tourists are by far more dangerous than bulls themselves, specially if they're drunk. Bulls themselves just run with their brothers and try not to miss the leading oxes. Only when they feel alone they become a real threat. For example:

minute 2:13

On the other hand you'll be pushed, hit and tread on by other runners. The most dangerous thin that may happen is that the entrance of the bullfighting arena gets blocked by other runners as happened today:

[Image: tapon.jpg]

I'd not recommend Sanfermines for the sake of gaming alone, I'd say it's more a male event, though you can find as well some talent. Local girls are a bit harder to apprach because they usually go with their "cuadrillas" (groups of male and female friends) but other girls are more open and approachable, for me the easiest target were Australian chicks. From my point of view it's a living experience, a sort of rite of passage and something every man should do at least once in his life.

Just a couple of tips: Avoid running during the weekends as they're the most crowded days and NEVER touch the bulls, it's forbidden because touching them you could distract their attention, make them turn around and leave some runners between to bulls coming from behind and ahead them against them and if you want to come book everything in advance because as the 7th of July approaches it's impossible to find anything 100km around.

She go crazy, is hamster!

This seems incredibly dangerous. Certainly not worth risking one's life over.

http://www.ksl.com/index.html?sid=2597735...-the-bulls

News covered about a local guy who got gored.

I was on my way to San Fermin years ago, practically when Hemingway used to go, but I ended up traveling to Granada chasing a Venezuelan girl, who I did not get because I had zero game then and she was with her male first cousin. Don't regret not going now - having been mortared, rocketed and shot at, I don't see the point in empty displays of bravery.

If you want a Spanish feria experience without the hype and the risk of getting your balls ripped off by a bull's horn, I recommend Feria de Malaga.

My write-up here, http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-24059-...#pid454399

it's coming up in a couple of weeks - 11 to 19 August.

Quote: (07-13-2013 04:09 PM)Don Juan Tenorio Wrote:  

The most dangerous thin that may happen is that the entrance of the bullfighting arena gets blocked by other runners as happened today:

[Image: tapon.jpg]

I don't understand why it was blocked.

Did people fall down underneath and create a pile up?

Really sucks for the exposed line of guys on the outside when the bulls use them as air bags

What? I don't get the appeal of this. It looks like the dumbest shit i've ever seen. And the town square covered in broken glass and riot police beating people sounds great too.

I don't see the appeal of this either, but I'm glad that the old tradition lives on. Too much of today's Anglophone world is too orderly, too Disneyfied, and made out specifically to mitigate against potential lawsuit threats. It's nice to see other cultures being relaxed about some things.

Quote: (03-29-2013 11:33 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I heard more people die from jumping off a tower in the main square though. Don't know how true that is.

Yeah I can definitely see how this could go bad:

Especially when your landing zone is mostly people with their hands full holding up phones and cameras.

And you're acting like "The Man Who Cried Backflip" while being pelted with stuff to hurry up.

Quote: (07-14-2013 03:54 AM)Citlalli Wrote:  

What? I don't get the appeal of this. It looks like the dumbest shit i've ever seen. And the town square covered in broken glass and riot police beating people sounds great too.

The other option is going to California and getting a ticket for jaywalking.

[Image: s_f02_73066483.jpg]

[Image: s_f05_17709268.jpg]

[Image: s_f10_82089060.jpg]

[Image: s_f13_73095710.jpg]

[Image: s_f19_RTX11FGW.jpg]

[Image: s_f33_RTX11KA3.jpg]

[Image: s_f37_07521277.jpg]

[Image: s_f41_73464101.jpg]

[Image: s_f42_73464188.jpg]

[Image: s_f38_73411071.jpg]

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2013/...13/100553/

She go crazy, is hamster!

I just got back from the San Fermine / Encierro and I give it my highest recommendation. I've been to my fair share of festivals world wide, but this one takes the cake in terms of sheer shit-showness. Not easy to do it justice with words, but the boozing is 24/7 for a week with a FUCKING BULLRUN every morning. Do the math and peep the pics. Pamplona also does it right with the layout and tons of activities to roll-to if you're gaming.

We copped a balcony to watch the race on Friday, the bloodiest day in while. Ran on Saturday; luckily avoided that big pileup. 10/10.

Also was my first time in Spain, and the talent is off the charts. A lot teenagers among the partiers at night as well, getting fucked up.