rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Online Dating

Online Dating

Anyone have any luck with this?

If so, which dating sites are best for USA dating?

I got lucky, and my last 'dime' gf cam straight off of a dating site that I had randomly thrown a profile up on and forgot about. She contacted me, chased me, etc.. But I'm convinced that this online dating success was a fluke. The dating site itself no longer exists (it was obscure) and I did next to nothing to land this girl.

Im back in school now part time, work part time, and most of my friends are now married with kids, or live far away. I really have no one to go out with, and nightlife in the city I live in is kind of lame (for my tastes). Its just not very enjoyable for me to go out and get piss drunk at a dive bar, frat bar, or weesh nightclub trying to bang the mediocre stock of women I see out on a regular night. Occasionally, I get lucky with a high quality target, but I don't have the motivation to go out the 5-10 times (I may be exaggerating-but its a painful process, and so it seems longer) it takes to find a decent girl to game. The summertime is a little better here, as when it warms up there are lots of girls to daygame, and there is a nightclub on a sailboat that opens that I enjoy. I LOVE daygame, but I'm busy during the day now.

Even if I did enjoy going out regularly, my available crew has dried up and my time and money (tuitions a bitch) is limited. I may try to join some kind of extracurricular activity group or three, but in this city, theres no guarantee of seeing a decent woman in any one group.

I think throwing up another profile, as bait, would be an efficient use of time and effort. Does anyone have regular luck doing this? What sites are best? It seems that a lot of women on those sites have kids, or are downright not hot. I'll see maybe one every 4-5 pages that looks worthwhile, but I'm willing to give it a shot again. It worked out for me last time.

Any suggestions or experience to relate would be helpful. My game is heavily dependent on talking to women (duh). Attracting them with a profile is more of a mystery to me.

Online Dating

I have never used online dating. It scares me.

I know 1 guy who uses one called plentyoffish.net. He swoops choke girls off there. Try that one.

Another guy I know is a bartender and he uses Craigslist like crazy. He'll set up a few girls and have them come to his bar, but he won't tell them he's the bartender. If they aren't up to par he just won't say anything. He's good at it.

You gotta watch it with that Craigslist stuff though. There's lots of ads girls put up there looking for military guys to bang them. This dude I knew a few years back answered one that was just straight up exchange pictures, put on his uniform, then get together and have sex. The girl he met was really smoking and went to her house and banged her. He showed me the pictures and she was a solid 9.

The next day she called him and said she was pregnant. He told her that was biologically impossible and reminded her he'd used condoms. She went crazy. Later that night when he was sleeping she pulled into his driveway honking her horn. When he woke up and went outside she shot at him. Then she shot herself in the throat. She didn't die either and is paralyzed. No baby was ever born. The real screwball part is that she used this old school cowboy style single action .45.

Of course, this is an extreme worst-case example.

Aloha!

Online Dating

I've used both Craigslist and Plentyoffish.
I've got one number off Craigslist, and several off Plentyoffish.
In the 12 months that I used Plentyoffish I got one date.

I'm an average looking guy, for a good looking guy it should be a piece of cake.

Online Dating

I would suggest you to try go to gym (some sourt of fighting classes e.g jiu jistu, boxe, thai) . There are actractive women there and during the work on gaming them you can make conections to go out and stay on shape.
I can't say anything about daygame, since that here there isn't much.

Deixa que essa fase é passageira, amanhã será melhor você vai ver a cidade inteira seu samba saber de cor!

Online Dating

I used to game on Myspace and Facebook back in the day...... and had a lot of success, but only with 5's and 6's, maybe an occassional 7. But every chick I got off of the internet was basically socially awkward. Chicks who are somewhat attractive, don't have problems meeting guys in real life unless they're anti-social or weird.

And it's super hard to get anything above a 7 off of the internet, because
1. They meet enough guys in real life, they definitely don't need to meet up with random dudes on the internet
2. The hotter they are, the more guys that are messaging them and filling up their inbox every freaking day. Your message is only 1 out of many.

You're better off just learning how to approach in real life if you want quality girls. But, if you just want easy notches and don't care about quality, the internet can definitely help you there....

Online Dating

That's for sure. The women of internet dating websites are getting uglier and fatter. Not just socially awkward.

Guys are even happy to pick up 5's and 6's due to the fact the better looking girls think they are supermodels.

Online Dating

Check out okcupid.com, it's a relatively new FREE site, but doesn't seem to be too well known outside the SF bay area where it was started. I tried a profile in my small town, but there were literally only 4 women that I found attractive and out of that 4, only one replied, and didn't get back to me when I suggested we hang out. I have checked out the SF area and there are tons of cute women on there, a friend of mine in SF has banged a few 7+ honeys off that site. I checked out the women on there in Austin, TX before I did a short 5 day trip there and 90% of them were fugly. I would agree that the hotter women on the online sites get hit up like crazy, and I have an assumption that some of them just like the attention, just another way to give them validation and make them feel good (fucking bullshit).

Online Dating

Quote: (06-04-2010 06:21 PM)Kona Wrote:  

The next day she called him and said she was pregnant. He told her that was biologically impossible and reminded her he'd used condoms. She went crazy. Later that night when he was sleeping she pulled into his driveway honking her horn. When he woke up and went outside she shot at him. Then she shot herself in the throat. She didn't die either and is paralyzed. No baby was ever born. The real screwball part is that she used this old school cowboy style single action .45.

Of course, this is an extreme worst-case example.

Aloha!

Holy shit. That’s the craziest possible answer that I could have hoped for  good story…

Quote: (06-04-2010 06:40 PM)wolf Wrote:  

I'm an average looking guy, for a good looking guy it should be a piece of cake.

Im not a good looking guy …just average. Depends on your standards. Some girls would say that I’m not handsome at all. But like Voltare said:
"Give me ten minutes to talk away my ugly face and I will bed the Queen of France"
While I wouldn’t assume to be that immodest, like I said before, my game depends on speaking. Period. I love it that way. Everyone loses their looks eventually. But if you learn to fish before that happens, you’ll never starve…

Quote: (06-04-2010 07:20 PM)Mrs. Chocolate Wrote:  

I would suggest you to try go to gym (some sourt of fighting classes e.g jiu jistu, boxe, thai) . There are actractive women there and during the work on gaming them you can make conections to go out and stay on shape.
I can't say anything about daygame, since that here there isn't much.

Good suggestion. I do wrestle for about 4 months per year, but that’s strictly a guy sport. I should broaden my horizons… I’d probably make an easy transition to jujitsu, due to the grappling component…

Quote: (06-04-2010 07:35 PM)Willy Wonka Wrote:  

And it's super hard to get anything above a 7 off of the internet, because
1. They meet enough guys in real life, they definitely don't need to meet up with random dudes on the internet
2. The hotter they are, the more guys that are messaging them and filling up their inbox every freaking day. Your message is only 1 out of many.

You're better off just learning how to approach in real life if you want quality girls. But, if you just want easy notches and don't care about quality, the internet can definitely help you there....

All true. I don’t expect a high ROI, but I did land a very nice LTR last time. I just didn’t know if there were dating sites or online strategies that guys on this forum can bank on, so I thought I’d ask.

I have no problem approaching in real life, although its definitely the weakest link in my game.. But that’s relative. Once I get her talking for about ten minutes with me, I’m usually golden, at least insofar as she’s open to any guy…or is into my ‘type’ at all. No matter what any guy says, not all women will like him.

I still have no problem approaching. Usually I use some version of a direct approach. Its fun, and I find that the better my emotion when I do it, and the less I care about her response, the better her response.

I approach when I get the chance, wave and say hi to random women as I’m walking down the street like I already know them, and generally try to interact with women as much as possible when I get the opportunity presents itself. But most of this is day game stuff, and like I said, my daygame opportunities are limited these days.

These days, I’m all about quality… The quantity days are behind me, and have been for a couple of years now…Its actually too much time and energy vs. benefits to rack up numbers for me…Unless I can get quality in quantity

But fucking girls who I’m not interested in is generally boring to me now…but maybe my attitude will change in a month if I hit a dry spell. Right now, I’m fresh out of a year of having daily sex with a solid 9, so I can hold out a bit… But I don’t want to get into a rut either. I’m trying to keep the ball rolling, despite my work, school and wingman situation… I can go out solo/dolo, but that gets old too if your doing it at the same lame bars…

Quote: (06-04-2010 11:23 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Check out okcupid.com, it's a relatively new FREE site, but doesn't seem to be too well known outside the SF bay area where it was started. I tried a profile in my small town, but there were literally only 4 women that I found attractive and out of that 4, only one replied, and didn't get back to me when I suggested we hang out. I have checked out the SF area and there are tons of cute women on there, a friend of mine in SF has banged a few 7+ honeys off that site. I checked out the women on there in Austin, TX before I did a short 5 day trip there and 90% of them were fugly. I would agree that the hotter women on the online sites get hit up like crazy, and I have an assumption that some of them just like the attention, just another way to give them validation and make them feel good (fucking bullshit).

Yeah, I think the best way is to lure them in with a unique profile. Thats what worked for me the last time. Messaging them seems like it would be a dead end most of the time...even though I haven't really done it either.

Quote: (06-04-2010 11:23 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Online Dating

I know some playas and macks look down on online dating, however, getting ass online can be just as challenging and even more so than talking to chicks on the streets because of the M/F ratios are all fuck up. If you are aiming on meeting quality women (6 and above) you are still going to need some tight game to close the deal. If you live in a major US city I would just skip the online thing and use it only sparingly during dry spells or when money is tight. However, if you live in a small or medium sized city in the US online gaming might be your only option. Here a few pointers from personal experience.

1. Stay away from free websites (Okcupid, PlentyofFish, Myspace, etc) You literally do get what you pay for. Women on those websites are attention whores and can afford to have a bitch shield because there is no real cost to blowing you off. Also, dudes on those sites are not known for being selective so they have even fat bitches thinking she's a Tyra Banks. If a chick is hot, she will literally get hundreds of messages so a lot of them don't even bother reading their mail.Therefore, that's like spitting good game at a deaf bitch.

2. Do some reconnaissance, go to Myspace and look for a girl who is a little above average in looks and body department but not so much that she looks unapproachable. Steal her pictures. go to Plenty of Fish or okcupid and put up an ad pretending to be her in the city in which you are going to put your ad in. 95% of the responses you are going to get are going be garbage but 2 or 3 of the emails are going to be on pure gold. Use those Mackish lines on the next point.

3. Sign up for match.com. Match is the largest Dating website in the US. There are a tons of girl in there and chances are you are going to find something you like. Now Match.com is not free and is actually quite expensive. Last time I was a member 3 years ago, it was $40.00 a month. On the plus side, women pay the same fee. So this ensures that chicks are serious about meeting dudes online and are very willing to meet after a couple of emails and not drag out the interaction because they want to get their money's worth. Also, the high monthly fee weeds out Attention whores, Au Pairs looking for green cards and hoodrats. The only thing about Match.com is that they marketed it as a place for women to find LTR. You can bypass this by saying something beta like "I have been hurt in the past and I want to take it a day at time" Whenever she brings it up. I usually sign up for a month at a time, you can realistically go on 3 to 5 dates a week and bang 1 or 2 of those chicks in a week. My goal was usually to bang as many chicks as possible before the month subscription was up. When you start contacting the female use the same lines lines that you got from cats who responded to ya fake ad. At least you know that you are 95% better than the other dudes out there. She might bite even if she's not that attracted initially.

4. Don't reinvent the wheel, Let someone else do the work for you. Search for a dude who is clearly Alpha on match.com on the opposite side of the country and plagiarized his profile. For example, if you live on the East Coast copy the profile of someone whose from California and looks like he swims in pussy. I literally only change his name to mines. Demonstrate higher value with pictures. Have pictures on vacation (the more exotic the place the better), one picture with you at a party(makes you social able), a picture of you holding an instrument(just say you haven't played in a while) and one of you suited and booted. A picture with you dog is ok, a picture with a cat is not. If you have a tight profile and pictures you don't even actively have to look for females, they are going to contact you first. which means its your notch to lose.

5. Only hit up 6.0 and above, don't fall into the trap of going after substandard women because you think they are going to be easier to bang. At least online they both take the same amount of work. Avoid women with kids, look for multiple pictures in different angles and lighting(to detect girdle wearing fatties) The girls with the following pics on their ads are usually open to fucking bang on the first date; Visible Tatoos, a lot of pics of her on vacation, party pics, pics in bathing suits. A side tip to the Brothers, if a white chick has pictures in the Caribbean or anywhere in Africa you are in there like swim wear, even she has "looking only for white" option. Some white women have told me that they literally get a lot of hate male("your daddy would be so proud") from racist Betas online when they are actively said they looking for Brothers.

6. Don't become a penpal, you are not there to be her buddy and write bullshit back and forth, let a Beta do that. Your goal should be to drive the interaction from online to the real world ASAP. 2 Emails should be more than enough to built comfort and prove to her that you are not a psycho. I tell her I am going to (whatever place) and she should join me. Don't plan the date more than 1 to 3 days in advance to decrease the chances of her flaking. Once in person game her like you would any other girl. I like to plan my dates an hour before it gets dark so if all goes well I can get a blow job in the car in some desolate street.

I have been doing the above on and off for years and it never fails. Never solely depend online dating sites for your only source of pussy because there is such thing as overfishing. and you can quickly exhaust all the fuckable girls in your surrounding area if you are there too long.

Online Dating

Playa,

Ok cupid wrote a really interesting blog about why you should never go to a paysite. While I realize they have their incentive in saying such, the reasons they give are pretty solid.

Btw, The OKcupid blog has all kinds of fascinating data on trends and the psychology of dating and male/female interaction and it's heavy on using numbers to back it up. It's an interesting read. Like this.

Also, I liked your tip on "I'm only taking this a day at a time..." Do you put that in your profile or only after the response when she asks what you're looking for?

I don't currently have a profile up on any dating sites, but been thinking about it as I'm in dry spell right now.

Online Dating

Communicating with dozens of girls without even having to get out of bed. Why am I not doing this???

Online Dating

Quote: (06-06-2010 12:18 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Playa,

Ok cupid wrote a really interesting blog about why you should never go to a paysite. While I realize they have their incentive in saying such, the reasons they give are pretty solid.

Btw, The OKcupid blog has all kinds of fascinating data on trends and the psychology of dating and male/female interaction and it's heavy on using numbers to back it up. It's an interesting read. Like this.

I don't currently have a profile up on any dating sites, but been thinking about it as I'm in dry spell right now.

They make some valid points but they are not applicate to the strategy I described. First, I recommend signing up for one month only, if you don't get laid in 30 days, no harm no foul, you cut your loses and move on. you can easily spend more $40 at a dive bar surrounded by fat chicks. Second, the reason why I go through the trouble of creating a fake female ad and mirroring an Alpha ad profile is to improve my response rate and not shoot in the dark like most guys on that site. I want to make sure my first mail to a chick is going to have something that's going to blow her mind and to write a subject line that 99% of guys out there haven't written before. And the only way to keep your ear on the ground, is to pretend you are female read the game your competition is spitting. Third, I make a strong emphasis in having a very top notch profile. So women are contacting you and you are the one doing the choosing. Its true, there aren't a lot of hot chicks on dating websites so you have to make sure the ones you write to are going to respond.

Quote:Quote:

Also, I liked your tip on "I'm only taking this a day at a time..." Do you put that in your profile or only after the response when she asks what you're looking for?

yea, I only tell them that if they ask and quickly change the subject. Sounding like a PUA isn't a good idea. The goal should be to make it appear that you are non-threating beta provider whose ready to settle down and has an "edge." Once you meeting in person you can crank up the heat all the way up to "High."

Online Dating

This is fascinating too: http://blog.okcupid.com/index.html/2009/1.../#comments

Even for guys not doing the online thing, it quantifies some differences in how men and women judge one another's attractiveness.

Online Dating

wow some really good stuff.

Online Dating

My two cents - online dating can be good to get some extra pussy during a lean stretch, but quality is very spotty (you will never be 100% successful at filtering out the secret fatties), and the crazy factor is MUCH higher than in real life.
Probably most appropriate if you are recently out of a long term relationship, or haven't gotten laid much in your life.
Really, you are better off picking up chicks at a gym or at some sort of martial arts class (capoeira is a goldmine for brazilian women).

Online Dating

Quote: (06-06-2010 03:15 PM)DrArete Wrote:  

My two cents - online dating can be good to get some extra pussy during a lean stretch, but quality is very spotty (you will never be 100% successful at filtering out the secret fatties), and the crazy factor is MUCH higher than in real life.
Probably most appropriate if you are recently out of a long term relationship, or haven't gotten laid much in your life.
Really, you are better off picking up chicks at a gym or at some sort of martial arts class (capoeira is a goldmine for brazilian women).

Break down your gym game. I go one of the best gyms in L.A. as far as girls go. Virtually all of them have their iPods on, make no eye-contact and look unapproachable.

Online Dating

Quote: (06-06-2010 03:33 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (06-06-2010 03:15 PM)DrArete Wrote:  

Break down your gym game. I go one of the best gyms in L.A. as far as girls go. Virtually all of them have their iPods on, make no eye-contact and look unapproachable.

Yeah gym game has been a tough code for me to crack, I am self-employed and out of school, so the gym is where I see the majority of attractive women in this town. But for some reason, I just never feel right trying to approach and game women at the gym, just the vibe doesn't seem right for me, they all seem so consumed with their work-outs, like you said: "Virtually all of them have their iPods on, make no eye-contact and look unapproachable." All most all the girls that work at my gym are pretty damn cute, but they all seem to have really high bitch shields, and I'm sure they get hit on constantly by the meatheads that hang out there.

That said Virgil Kent had a pretty good blog post about gym game that I think has been mentioned on these forums (shit I think there is a "gym game" thread), but I got to say I didn't necessarily get too many great insights or new ideas from either. The times that I did have openers they were situational, and from there gamed as normal, but didn't go for the number close, because I felt the convo while heavy in vibes and some sexual undertone, was too brief and don't carry my phone in the gym.

I almost think a good approach to gym game, would be just to straight up not give a fuck, and spark up conversation, using humor with observational openers, something that will catch them off guard, make them laugh/smile, and into regular conversation. Only downfall to this is if you don't come off as funny/confident/cool, they will probably forever have an idea of you as some awkward, weirdo, "creeper". I also think if you open proper, make a good first impression, keep it light and friendly, don't go for a phone number right away, esp. if she is a woman you see there regularly, let your first opening convo be the bridge that lets you comfertably say high to them and talk more and more the next few times you see each other there, until you've gamed enough to try to get her number and set up a date. (All the shit I just wrote, is not based off any personal experiences though, sounds good as I type it, but I'm totally baked, smoking a bunch of herb to fight off this hangover. [Image: sleepy.gif])

Online Dating

I still haven't read Virgil Kent's article on the gym, I gotta check that out. I think you'd have to handle gym game depending on the size of your gym too. If you have a fairly small gym with a lot of regulars that you see everytime you go, then I think you can be more casual. Talk to a girl a bit by bit, and then eventually hit her up for her number. However at the gym I go to, while I do see a fair amount of regulars, it's such a huge gym in membership numbers that most girls I see look new. So if I start gym gaming I don't have the luxury of trying to build up a vibe over a few different days. I see a hot girl there and chances are I won't see her again so I'd have no choice but to go from intro to number in one shot. Also, if you go to a smaller gym, there's a bit of the same dynamic you'd have with talking to girls on the job where you don't want to shit where you eat. There's pros and cons of having going to a mega gym versus a small one.

Online Dating

I have found online dating to be a complete waste of time. The guys outnumber girls at least 4 to 1
and the girls get buried by emails. I think a female who can't get a man
in real life must have a major problem.

My secret to getting girls is to go to bars and look for chicks who smoke, have tattoos, drink, are older, or are heavy.

Online Dating

Chicks who are somewhat attractive, don't have problems meeting guys in real life unless they're anti-social or weird.

There's some truth to that I think. Though I think what people attribute to being "anti-social or weird" is sometimes not as it seems. The person may just be an introvert. I think online dating is probably a great option for introverts, not so much needed for extroverts. I tend more to the introvert end of the spectrum myself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking to people and going out and socializing and it doesn't mean I sit in the corner of a party and stay silent. It just means I'm not as likely to walk up to random strangers and start conversations, be they guys or girls. And when I do talk to strangers, it takes a LOT of effort, drains my energy and I'm not patient with small-talk and superficial topics that the gregarious people like talking about. Others might perceive that as being anti-social but for the introverts, it's just normal. Extroverts clearly have the advantage in getting laid.

I agree overall, especially if you're extroverted.

Online Dating

Quote: (06-06-2010 04:55 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Chicks who are somewhat attractive, don't have problems meeting guys in real life unless they're anti-social or weird.

There's some truth to that I think. Though I think what people attribute to being "anti-social or weird" is sometimes not as it seems. The person may just be an introvert. I think online dating is probably a great option for introverts, not so much needed for extroverts. I tend more to the introvert end of the spectrum myself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy talking to people and going out and socializing and it doesn't mean I sit in the corner of a party and stay silent. It just means I'm not as likely to walk up to random strangers and start conversations, be they guys or girls. And when I do talk to strangers, it takes a LOT of effort, drains my energy and I'm not patient with small-talk and superficial topics that the gregarious people like talking about. Others might perceive that as being anti-social but for the introverts, it's just normal. Extroverts clearly have the advantage in getting laid.

I agree overall, especially if you're extroverted.

I agree with you 100%, I am definitely more of an introvert like you're saying, but have been seriously anti-social too, which is not cool. At 26 I'm still working on "breaking out of my shell", which is kind of lame, but we all have different personality types. A lot of this for me, is developing "inner game" (which I am starting to realize is crucial), lot's of good advice from Roosh (props), for me it's all about approaching, getting better, more comfortable/confident, but most importantly not giving a fuck, or dwelling if I get blown out.

Online Dating

i just made a profile on plentyoffish.com and it is legit.

im getting interests from decent chicks and my shit aint even been up half a day.

Online Dating

Quote: (06-06-2010 05:33 PM)dlmelvin86 Wrote:  

im getting interests from decent chicks and my shit aint even been up half a day.

How's the quality? The quality I've seen on POF is pretty damn bad. Lot of fat single mothers with kids, women wHo tYpe LiKe tHis and that kind of shit.

Online Dating

Quote: (06-06-2010 05:58 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Quote: (06-06-2010 05:33 PM)dlmelvin86 Wrote:  

How's the quality? The quality I've seen on POF is pretty damn bad. Lot of fat single mothers with kids, women wHo tYpe LiKe tHis and that kind of shit.

there is a decent amount of 6's and 7's with an occasional 8 or 9. rare though.

Online Dating

Quote: (06-06-2010 12:18 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Playa,

They make a lot of very good points. I'm glad I've never paid for any online dating shit.....

They don't address how OkCupid addresses the problem with men sending more and more messages and getting less responses while women get too many messages and stop checking their mail though. Lol. Wouldn't the same thing just happen on OkCupid?