rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Anti-Marriage Vow I got my young cousin to take

Here is the vow that I made my young cousin take yesterday. He made it about half way before quitting in embarrassment, but the point was made:

"I" (insert name) "vow to never get involved with another woman who makes me unnecessarily crazy, and I further vow, never to let any woman tell me or even hint that I should marry her. "

"I recognize that there are hundreds of millions of truly mentally fucked up women in the world who want to drag young men like me into a fucked up marriage with them, and I don't need to be their next victim."

"If I think I've found a woman who beats these odds, I vow to bring her before a tribunal of men, who will examine her every flaw and give me a unbiased assessment of her potential to be a decently acceptable wife."

How old is this cousin?

I agree that we should teach boys something about the sexual marketplace before they reach adulthood, but I think that goes too far. That vow is throwing him into the deep end before he's even learned how to swim. Best to just show him how fucked up most women are and ease him into things.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Quote: (03-13-2013 03:38 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

"If I think I've found a woman who beats these odds, I vow to bring her before a tribunal of men, who will examine her every flaw and give me a unbiased assessment of her potential to be a decently acceptable wife."

Will you guys see the young bride naked?

"Go be fat on someone else's time."

Nah, a good dash of cold water like this is necessary, because otherwise teenage hormones will romanticize anything if there's a pussy in the equation.

So you guys wear purity rings now?

He'll drop all this in a heartbeat when he gets his first puppy love.

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

Quote: (03-13-2013 04:46 PM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

How old is this cousin?

I agree that we should teach boys something about the sexual marketplace before they reach adulthood, but I think that goes too far. That vow is throwing him into the deep end before he's even learned how to swim. Best to just show him how fucked up most women are and ease him into things.

Nope. This is perfectly reasonable. Boys aren't fragile. You don't have to treat them with kid gloves.

My cousin (who is 21) is a typical these days... very smart, very savvy, and not easily shocked. He said my vow was "a little crazy, but actually I get what you are saying".

What I think is much worse, is how many men don't say *anything* to boys on this topic. Stop being such wimps guys. Don't just come here on a forum and rant privately. Get out there and tell those boys the truth.

You've planted the seed. He's either going to look back and say, "yep, he was right about that" or "wow, he was really off-base with that". Either way, you tried to help.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"