rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Microagressions

Microagressions

Have you all checked out this microagressions blog, its funny as shit.

http://www.microaggressions.com/

All these people bitching they aren't either men or white men.

Quote:Quote:

Watching a football game with my father and brother. During halftime, they present winners of a skills competition for kids 8 through 15. Upon seeing the girls and their trophies, my father, amused, says, “There’s GIRLS! Why on Earth would they compete in something they will never be able to do?” I say, “Oh, by the way, I’m going back to school. I’m gonna major in gender studies.” Later, he criticizes a bad pass by comparing it to one I would make. I’m a 24 year old woman, and this makes me feel, despite my accomplishments, I will be a failure to those who refuse to recognize my power.

Grrl Power!

One day my boss comes up to me and out of the blue says

My boss: “”[last name] , hey [last name] is that your husband’s name?
Me: No I didn’t take my husband’s last name.
Boss: …
Me: I’m a feminist, that’s why
Boss: I could not stand it if my wife thought she could keep her own name. She has my name. We are going to have to work on this, you will take your husband’s name by the end of the year.

He better actually be paying her 70% of a man's wages just for that statement alone.

“It was Eve who ate the apple first. Would you really put Eve in charge of the whole country?”

My mother when discussing female political candidates

I guess Edith Bunker's her mother

H&R Block employee when my best friend (who’s black) and I went to get our taxes done together: “Employed?”
Me: “Yes.”
H&R: “Any children?”
Me: “No.”
H&R, turns to my friend: “Okay, and you. Employed?”
Him: “Yes.”
Him: “No.”
H&R: “Are you sure?”
Him: “Um…”
H&R: “Just checking.”
Him: “Yes, I’m sure.”

How is spreading your seed a negative stereotype?

I feel like adding some to this site, but from the perspective of a white man

"I took a girl on a date, when the valet brought my car out, I didn't open her door for her, so she got pissed and stormed off, like it was the 1950s and as a man I had the burden of chivalry"

"I come from work and I yell at my wife for not making dinner on time. She storms out, claiming I should lucky to have her, but then I say, who has to work a real job to pay the fucking bills!"

"A black man mugs me in the street, he's mad when I tell him I'm unemployed and only have $3 and a greendot card. He says "But You're white!"

Microagressions

Quote: (03-08-2013 09:40 PM)Exactaking Wrote:  

Watching a football game with my father and brother. During halftime, they present winners of a skills competition for kids 8 through 15. Upon seeing the girls and their trophies, my father, amused, says, “There’s GIRLS! Why on Earth would they compete in something they will never be able to do?” I say, “Oh, by the way, I’m going back to school. I’m gonna major in gender studies.” Later, he criticizes a bad pass by comparing it to one I would make. I’m a 24 year old woman, and this makes me feel, despite my accomplishments, I will be a failure to those who refuse to recognize my power.

Grrl Power!

Boss: I could not stand it if my wife thought she could keep her own name. She has my name. We are going to have to work on this, you will take your husband’s name by the end of the year.

He better actually be paying her 70% of a man's wages just for that statement alone.

“It was Eve who ate the apple first. Would you really put Eve in charge of the whole country?”

H&R Block employee when my best friend (who’s black) and I went to get our taxes done together: “Employed?”

"I took a girl on a date, when the valet brought my car out, I didn't open her door for her, so she got pissed and stormed off, like it was the 1950s and as a man I had the burden of chivalry"

"I come from work and I yell at my wife for not making dinner on time. She storms out, claiming I should lucky to have her, but then I say, who has to work a real job to pay the fucking bills!"

"A black man mugs me in the street, he's mad when I tell him I'm unemployed and only have $3 and a greendot card. He says "But You're white!"

Yeah, I've heard the term a few times from the most bitter figures on the margins of the professional victim industry. Basically, it is an attempt to turn the art of being offended at everything into a science.

Microagressions

Quote: (03-08-2013 09:40 PM)Exactaking Wrote:  

Grrl Power!

I want to thank you for bringing this glistening gem into my life.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Microagressions

This website is hilarious.

If ever there was a roadmap to raise the blood pressure of the humorless.

Microagressions

It's funny until you're fired from your job for being MicroAggressive.

My MCAT instructor keeps referring to the writer of our passages with male pronouns when they do not list an author by name. Made me feel stupid/unvalued… like if our instructor doesn’t think women are smart enough to help write the MCAT, the most certainly aren’t smart enough to be doctors.

Microagressions

Lolllll what a bitch.

Perfect reply:

Boss: Hmmm okay, did he buy you a ring?

Feminist: Yes

Boss: (muttered) I wouldn't... then walk away shaking head

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

Microagressions

The reason the "microagressions" meme has popped up is because the people who run the African-American studies and Women's Studies departments can't really complain much about discrimination anymore since we have a minority president and women now dominate in college (among other things).

So in order to keep their jobs and their grant money coming in, they have to invent imaginary concepts involving discrimination. And so we've now reached the point where simply disagreeing with someone who is a minority counts as a form of "mini-discrimination."

This has a Soviet-styled fanaticism to it: disagree with me and I'm turning you in! It might not have come to that yet, but it will head in that direction. They'd have laughed too in the 1970 had you told them saying "you look nice today" could get your fired in the 1990s.

Microagressions

Liberal Imaginary Stories: The Website

Perfect for trolling though.

Microagressions

Is it satire? I know it isn't, but it should be.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Microagressions

Quote: (03-09-2013 01:47 AM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

It becomes much less hilarious when you have to deal with these people in real life.

Microagressions

Quote: (03-11-2013 07:24 AM)Lemmo Wrote:  

Quote: (03-09-2013 01:47 AM)EisenBarde Wrote:  

It becomes much less hilarious when you have to deal with these people in real life.

I do, but in my profession we call them "children"

And in my family we learned quite early that every little injustice against us that we made a big deal about was going to be ridiculed and trivialized.

Microagressions

I'm so going to troll this website.

Some parents are still doing it right though:

My mother when discussing female political candidates.

After seeing I had purchased a copy Betty Friedan’s The Feminine Mystique, my father became annoyed and angry. Incredulous, he said “Great, really, feminism? Just don’t start getting pissed every time a guy tries to open the door for you. Guys aren’t going to want to date a girl like that.” My mother supported his statements.

Also, I'm happy for this site. There are guys out there we can all believe in:

“You won’t achieve equality by not knowing how to take a joke.”

Microagressions

I thought this thread was gonna be about little ways to be more aggressive?!?

Shit!

Microagressions

Quote: (03-11-2013 10:43 AM)Giovonny Wrote:  

I thought this thread was gonna be about little ways to be more aggressive?!?

Shit!

Shit, I've heard the concept in PUA terms somewhere and I thought this was about that. From what I remember, microaggessions are small things that happen to you, which add up to shake your state and turn you sullen and introverted, worsening your game. Things like the bouncer not letting you in right away, the bartender serving hot girls first, that kind of thing.