rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

mangina doc ego-strokes chicks on Huffpo, says girls brains make them leaders

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel-ame...97024.html

Can't tell if he believes that women are better leaders, or that society is so shitty we might as well let a chick take the helm (aka Glass staircase theory).

Quote:Quote:

The first thing my team noticed was that the inner CEO (the prefrontal cortex) of women is much more active than men. This area of the brain governs things like judgment, forethought, organization, planning, empathy, impulse control and learning from the mistakes you make. These are the very qualities needed to successfully manage a company, lead a nation, mediate crisis, and get people working together toward a common goal.

Due to this increased brain activity, women tend to exhibit greater strengths in the areas of:

Empathy -- the ability to share or understand the feelings of another
Intuition -- knowing that something is true without knowing exactly why
Collaboration -- the ability to work with other people toward a common goal (another key reason they make such great bosses)
Self-control -- which, as mentioned above, points to their reduced risk of substance abuse, going to jail, or even getting a traffic ticket
Appropriate worry -- women tend to worry about and take care of their health, their family, etc. more effectively than men. This point is actually quite fascinating -- in a large study, it was found that the "don't worry, be happy" people, more typically men on motorcycles, died earlier from accidents and preventable illness. Appropriate worry may be one reason women live longer than men.[2]

Biggest whopper of all:

Females are neurologically well-equipped to lead, manage and help us resolve the major problems of the world. Men have been in positions of power since the inception of the human race, and while the progress of civilization is impressive, we still face war, strife, power struggles, ill health and more every day. By understanding and honoring the female brain, we can empower girls and women to use their brains to change the world.

I know these articles are just ego-strokers and trolling, but cripes, I cannot seriously believe a man can say women have better judgement!

It's stupid because he only describes the benefits associated with those feminine traits, and not the drawbacks. Which would be:

Empathy -- More easily overcome by emotion
Intuition -- Prone to make decisions based on feelings rather than facts
Collaboration -- Hesitant to stake out bold positions or deviate from the crowd
Self-control -- Uncomfortable with risk and uncertainty
Appropriate worry -- Less willing to make personal sacrifices for the mission

When you look at it like that, it's clear to see that the negatives of female leadership outweigh the positives, and why female leadership in almost every example is typified by excessive emotionality, a disregard for logical decision making and self-centered thinking.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

I haven't found that women exercise better judgment, forethought, impulse control or learning from the mistakes they make. I don't know where he gets this from.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I would like them to bring up any female leaders as evidence. Female leaders that have brought humanity at its stage today.

A few female leaders that pop into my head though are Thatcher, Joan of Arc, Kahina, Cleopatra, Catherine, Elizabeth and Victoria.

I wonder how many fembot groupies the author will receive now? (hint, still a big fat 0!)

Men have male brains.
Women have female brains.

Historically, across all cultures, men have lead their tribes.
So naturally, male brains make them leaders.

Now, if you want to say it would be smart to have some women higher up, that's fine. But that wouldn't make them leaders, because a leader doesn't need to be put in a position of power by someone else. A leader leads.

I've seen these arguments in several places recently, praising the supposed virtues of the female brain. It is yet another case of trying to bend reality to ideology. They all ask us to believe their arguments and conveniently ignore all of human history.

Another common feature of these types of articles is that the author is a mangina and therefore redefines traditional roles (leader, citizen, worker, etc.) so the ideal no longer includes any positive male traits. Instead, the ultimate virtues are weakness and docility. In their vision of the ideal society we are all passive, empathetic cattle who peacefully graze without upsetting the status quo through conflict, creativity or competition.

Umm,
What about Greed?
I mean look at the voting patterns, they always vote for leftist governments, look to take half of what their soon to be ex worked hard for his whole life.
Wars are waged because of greed, not impulse control.
And as for impulse control, men are better at managing their money than women, they save more money than women, etc.

I'm not against female leaders at all. I believe that they can make valuable contributions and there is nothing stopping them from being great. Whomever does the best job, let him do it.

However, female-chauvinist articles like this that claim women are somehow superior make my blood boil. What an ass-kissing idiot.

@Quintus: I believe that some reports said that women in very poor countries are better at managing finances than men, mostly because they are less likely to spend it on alcohol or cigarettes. Of course, in our modern grrrrrl-power society where women don't actually depend on smart financial decisions and smoke / drink equally or even more, that doesn't apply.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before