rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Woman's Gym Membership Cancelled For Talking On Smartphone

http://bostonherald.com/print/1062455036

"The Planet Fitness manager's reaction was extremely aggressive and threatening. It scared me. No one deserves to be spoken to in this manner. I spent two days trying to get in touch with corporate with no response," reads the statement.

This bitch wants an apology for repeatedly violating the gyms' "No Cell Phone" policy. She was scared because someone told her to take her call to the lobby or hang up? Sounds like one of those entitled females who can't put the smartphone down for five minutes.

I applaud the owners for sticking by their principles. How fucking annoying it must be to work out and listen to some Boston cunt yammering on her phone?

I'd bet any amount of money it wasn't her doctor calling unexpectedly as she claims, probably just some other dumb bitch addicted to her smartphone too.

It's also hilarious that she got thrown out of the gym for using her phone then proceeds to spend "...two days trying to get in touch with corporate with no response."

I'd love for a woman to be inappropriate and annoying in a way that wasn't so predictable. Facing consequences for bad behavior? 1. Revert to scared little girl and say the other person is a big bad aggressor. 2. Create a lie to make your behavior seem less egregious.

Reporters are fucking stupid.

"A Westwood woman learned there’s a limit to how much free speech you can exercise at the gym, after Planet Fitness yanked her membership for yakking on a cell phone while working out."

You have no free speech rights at the fucking gym. It's private property, and they can kick you out for whatever reason. Even if you did have free speech rights, talking on a cell phone during a workout is not a form of protected speech.

That said, any gym which has a policy against grunting when lifting weights has to know it's going to be attracting chicks like this, and deserves whatever it gets. How the hell are you supposed to lift weights without grunting? They're heavy. That's why they're called weights.

Word to Employers: fire anybody whom is on their phone while is on shift if it is not related to their job.

I am happy to for this because I hate how phones have come into place in the Gym and also just in general costumer settings. I seen some dumb bitch get burned with hot kitchen stuff because she was texting and moved the wrong way when somebody was moving a hot container of gravy. He said "move I'm coming through, LEFT" I guess she did not have those that quick second to realize the kitchen layout and what way to move. She bumps right into him and gets a hot container right on her neck/shoulder.

Quote: (03-04-2013 06:42 AM)Faust Wrote:  

Reporters are fucking stupid.

"A Westwood woman learned there’s a limit to how much free speech you can exercise at the gym, after Planet Fitness yanked her membership for yakking on a cell phone while working out."

You have no free speech rights at the fucking gym. It's private property, and they can kick you out for whatever reason. Even if you did have free speech rights, talking on a cell phone during a workout is not a form of protected speech.

That said, any gym which has a policy against grunting when lifting weights has to know it's going to be attracting chicks like this, and deserves whatever it gets. How the hell are you supposed to lift weights without grunting? They're heavy. That's why they're called weights.

Planet Fitness doesn't even have free weights, I don't think. They have got an interesting business model. Basically, they're very cheap and they want to attract lots of members who hardly ever go to the gym.

The fuck kind of gym doesn't have free weights?
My apartment gym has free weights.

And what's that "No Lunks" crap? Maybe it's just the circles I'm in, but the guys I know who are serious bodybuilders, or even non-serious bodybuilders, have an above average intelligence. Statistically there are sure to be stupid, stupid bodybuilders out there, but I've never met them.

So a gym that decides to cater to fat, bitchy women who use a treadmill twice a year to convince themselves that they're "exercising" deserves whatever it gets.

I seriously hate not being able to grunt at the gym. How am I supposed to lift heavy and be quiet as a mouse. I got a word from management because I was breathing loudly on the bench press. I'm sure the only people complaining about the people making noise are the princesses on the tread mills, but they all have music in anyways so what is the problem? /end gym rage.

I wish my gym would have that policy. I cannot stand people walking around the gym talking on their phone constantly and saying they're using the equipment when they're clearly not. I just don't get why people can't take a break from their phones for one hour to work out.

If she got kicked out of the cinema for using her phone during a film, would she complain? If she got a parking ticket for being in a no parking zone, would she complain? Why should it be any different when the rules are clearly stated at the gym?

These self entitled bitches piss me off. They're never in the wrong are they? What they need is an alpha male in their lives to backhand slap the fuck out of them to teach them a lesson.

Yeah MattC, the underlying issue here is that women often don't think rules apply to them. That there's always a reason why an exception should be made for them. I agree - why couldn't she simply leave the phone in her locker while she worked out?

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (03-04-2013 09:40 AM)JayRock604 Wrote:  

I seriously hate not being able to grunt at the gym. How am I supposed to lift heavy and be quiet as a mouse. I got a word from management because I was breathing loudly on the bench press. I'm sure the only people complaining about the people making noise are the princesses on the tread mills, but they all have music in anyways so what is the problem? /end gym rage.

I don't really understand that policy. Everyone wears headphones at the gym. How come you haven't switched gyms yet?

If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the gods, and the nights will flame with fire. You will ride life straight to perfect laughter. It's the only good fight there is.

Disable "Click here to Continue"

My Testosterone Adventure: Part I | Part II | Part III | Part IV | Part V

Quote:Quote:
if it happened to you it’s your fault, I got no sympathy and I don’t believe your version of events.

I feel that by and large, about 90 percent of women have awful weight room etiquette. There are so many occasions when I'm going throughout my workout and some girl/woman will either post up in an area that I'm using, (when there are multiple other, empty areas) will splay there entire body on a mat or throw a towel on a treadmill to claim it and walk away for about 5 minutes.

I'm generally pretty polite in protesting or questioning any of these actions, but they're always in such "I feel so vulnerable around men as I'm all sweaty in my gym clothes" that they oftentimes get very aggressive and/or upset at my simple request/question.

Also, I think it goes without being said that the women who train the most seriously, i.e. not just doing the bullshit elliptical for 20 minutes and 5 minutes of "ab work" are the best about utilizing proper etiquette. It's always the out of shape ones and the older ones that turn into jerks.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Quote: (03-04-2013 07:40 AM)Faust Wrote:  

The fuck kind of gym doesn't have free weights?
My apartment gym has free weights.

And what's that "No Lunks" crap? Maybe it's just the circles I'm in, but the guys I know who are serious bodybuilders, or even non-serious bodybuilders, have an above average intelligence. Statistically there are sure to be stupid, stupid bodybuilders out there, but I've never met them.

So a gym that decides to cater to fat, bitchy women who use a treadmill twice a year to convince themselves that they're "exercising" deserves whatever it gets.

Their lunkheads campaign pretends to be inclusive while excluding everyone that likes to work hard.

Quote: (03-04-2013 02:28 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

I feel that by and large, about 90 percent of women have awful weight room etiquette. There are so many occasions when I'm going throughout my workout and some girl/woman will either post up in an area that I'm using, (when there are multiple other, empty areas) will splay there entire body on a mat or throw a towel on a treadmill to claim it and walk away for about 5 minutes.

I'm generally pretty polite in protesting or questioning any of these actions, but they're always in such "I feel so vulnerable around men as I'm all sweaty in my gym clothes" that they oftentimes get very aggressive and/or upset at my simple request/question.

Also, I think it goes without being said that the women who train the most seriously, i.e. not just doing the bullshit elliptical for 20 minutes and 5 minutes of "ab work" are the best about utilizing proper etiquette. It's always the out of shape ones and the older ones that turn into jerks.

I've honestly had the opposite experience for the most part. Almost every girl at my 24 Hour Fitness who comes into the free weights section to lift seems to be more courteous than the majority of the dudes. The girls usually do real lifts with good form and focus, get through their sets quickly, and put their weights away when they're done.

@storm Its only 10 minutes away, the next closest one is 30 minutes away. Wish I lived in the city not the 'burbs. There is a gym every 5 blocks in town, but they almost all have the "no grunting" policy too I hear.

I don't wear headphones. I can't stand having shit in my ears when they get sweaty.

From what I can tell, the no lunk policy has a two primary goals:

1. Making a shitload of noise is obnoxious and inconsiderate. There are a few lifts where some noise is likely (like the deadlift). But most of the noise guys make at the gym is involves slamming the fuck out of 45 pound plates as they load them onto machines or back onto the racks. This is not a workout that's just alpha male territory marking and it understandably pisses people off. Similarly, some guys really seem to rely on grunting but most can lift just fine with just regular breathing (which can be loud, but loud breathing isn't grunting). But there are guys who pretty clearly are just grunting because they are attention whores. Rather than try to meet some sort of reasonable compromise and moderate behavior, they just ban Lunkheads altogether and market directly to the people who care.

2. "Lunks" may set a standard so high that average users of the gym feel so hopelessly outclassed that they get discouraged and stop going. The lunks don't actually have to do any "judging," people are going to judge themselves. The whole "judgment-free" zone crap isn't an indictment of "lunks" it's an indictment of people's own psychology-- but whatever. It works.

"It's just a Curves that allows men,"

Yeah pretty much. There's an easy answer here: don't fucking go to Planet Fitness. There are plenty of other gyms in the US.

Quote: (03-04-2013 06:24 PM)Only One Man Wrote:  

Quote: (03-04-2013 02:28 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

I've honestly had the opposite experience for the most part. Almost every girl at my 24 Hour Fitness who comes into the free weights section to lift seems to be more courteous than the majority of the dudes. The girls usually do real lifts with good form and focus, get through their sets quickly, and put their weights away when they're done.

This is kinda what I meant. The ones who are actually doing the hard stuff i.e. free weights are pretty good. It's the ones doing stupid stuff that have no concept of proper protocol.

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

I'm glad we don't have that problem at the gym I go to. We do have a fair number of girls front squatting the bar and doing nothing but bosu ball ab work but that's not a huge issue at the gym as long as there's more squat racks than teams of lifters.

I wish they could do something like this at the Snap I go to. Smart phones and i phone use is so out of control, very few people are actually training to any significant degree of intensity, this is regardless of gender. A good portion of the members at the gym I go to are teen males and the gym is treated virtually like a drop in centre by many of them. Gyms in recent years have become more sanitized due to rules like no grunting and beginners receive very poor tuition, instead it is left to PTs to capitalize and cash in. There are now more and more people working out now than ever, fewer who are doing it effectively.

I'm liking every comment because i saw a Gold's Gym ad in the papers today and included in the amenities was a "Lady's Only Area". The fuck? Was going to troll them with stupid inquiries such as "Can transgender enter"?

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Quote: (03-04-2013 07:35 PM)Kingsley Davis Wrote:  

I'm liking every comment because i saw a Gold's Gym ad in the papers today and included in the amenities was a "Lady's Only Area". The fuck? Was going to troll them with stupid inquiries such as "Can transgender enter"?

At Gold's?! This really is the end. Although, now that I think about it, my Gold's has a Lady's Only section but it is just three benches and some light free weights in a taped off 6ftx6ft section.

Quote: (03-04-2013 06:41 PM)JayRock604 Wrote:  

@storm Its only 10 minutes away, the next closest one is 30 minutes away. Wish I lived in the city not the 'burbs. There is a gym every 5 blocks in town, but they almost all have the "no grunting" policy too I hear.

What part of Canada do you live in that has a "no grunting" policy in the gyms?

Quote: (03-04-2013 06:49 PM)Blaster Wrote:  

I don't wear headphones. I can't stand having shit in my ears when they get sweaty.

1. Making a shitload of noise is obnoxious and inconsiderate. There are a few lifts where some noise is likely (like the deadlift). But most of the noise guys make at the gym is involves slamming the fuck out of 45 pound plates as they load them onto machines or back onto the racks. This is not a workout that's just alpha male territory marking and it understandably pisses people off. Similarly, some guys really seem to rely on grunting but most can lift just fine with just regular breathing (which can be loud, but loud breathing isn't grunting). But there are guys who pretty clearly are just grunting because they are attention whores. Rather than try to meet some sort of reasonable compromise and moderate behavior, they just ban Lunkheads altogether and market directly to the people who care.

2. "Lunks" may set a standard so high that average users of the gym feel so hopelessly outclassed that they get discouraged and stop going. The lunks don't actually have to do any "judging," people are going to judge themselves. The whole "judgment-free" zone crap isn't an indictment of "lunks" it's an indictment of people's own psychology-- but whatever. It works.

Yeah pretty much. There's an easy answer here: don't fucking go to Planet Fitness. There are plenty of other gyms in the US.

Kind of, but you may be missing out on the truly ingenious nature of the Planet Fitness model. You're right that by calling out "lunks," they create an environment that welcomes the people who would feel intimidating going into a more hardcore gym, but I'm not sure they even want those people coming back.

Basically, they set a price point so low that people don't feel too bad when they don't go to the gym a lot. They market themselves to fatties - they are the official gym of The Biggest Loser - knowing that most of the people who buy memberships won't stick with it. It would be interesting to see what percentage of Planet Fitness members actually go regularly and how it compares to other gyms.

Quote: (03-04-2013 07:56 PM)j r Wrote:  

Kind of, but you may be missing out on the truly ingenious nature of the Planet Fitness model. You're right that by calling out "lunks," they create an environment that welcomes the people who would feel intimidating going into a more hardcore gym, but I'm not sure they even want those people coming back.

Basically, they set a price point so low that people don't feel too bad when they don't go to the gym a lot. They market themselves to fatties - they are the official gym of The Biggest Loser - knowing that most of the people who buy memberships won't stick with it. It would be interesting to see what percentage of Planet Fitness members actually go regularly and how it compares to other gyms.

Yeah that's a pretty clever model they have - discouraging people who would actually use the equipment. Don't have to worry about the girls or fatties wearing anything out!

I agree with most of this. Almost every time I hear a dude grunting or weights being thrown around, it's not someone doing heavy deads or squats. It's either some douche doing curls grunting loud as fuck and then dropping the bar from chest height at the end of the set, or dudes doing dumbell bench press with a lot of weight but needing a spot for like half their fucking reps every set and then basically throwing the dumbells after the set.

I don't think most people have a problem with someone grunting when they really need to or making a lot of noise setting down a loaded bar after deadlifts or cleans or something like that. I think most people have a problem with overt douchebaggery.

Quote: (03-05-2013 01:15 AM)Only One Man Wrote:  

I agree with most of this. Almost every time I hear a dude grunting or weights being thrown around, it's not someone doing heavy deads or squats. It's either some douche doing curls grunting loud as fuck and then dropping the bar from chest height at the end of the set, or dudes doing dumbell bench press with a lot of weight but needing a spot for like half their fucking reps every set and then basically throwing the dumbells after the set.

I don't think most people have a problem with someone grunting when they really need to or making a lot of noise setting down a loaded bar after deadlifts or cleans or something like that. I think most people have a problem with overt douchebaggery.

Yeah, it is the usual case of having to make a rule because there are a fair number of douchebags who can't behave. I think this is mainly a US problem. I don't have a problem with someone letting out a groan or grunt through the last few reps of a set but whenever I look at someone making a lot of noise it is some guy putting on a show - screaming through every rep of the set and then slamming the weights. I work out with a lot of competitive bodybuilders and they barely make a sound. Hard to justify some guy at a mainstream gym making a lot of noise.