rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Redefining first impressions

Hey guys, I would like to know how to redefine how people view you.

I live on a very small campus of maybe 3,000 students and I'm very well known. In almost a negative way. I'm obnoxious and honestly don't give a shit about what anyone thinks about me. I'm think this could be greatly effecting my game and chances with any of these women. (Most of which who are feminists or lesbians so I wouldn't touch anyways)

But I walk around with music typically blaring from my headphones and drink from a pitcher at food service and everyone recognizes me for it. Some people comment on it at times and I know of a lot of people who associate me with negative things such as attention whoring or just annoying people.

So my real question is how do I redefine what people think of me here or should I even care when it comes to game? This is kinda just who I am and how I act. I have plenty of friends who it doesn't bother but what should I do?

Give up hope with these people or just wait til the freshman girls arrive next semester? I would transfer but I cannot afford to plus I'll be a junior next semester so it would be a bitch to anyways.

Thanks guys

Quit blaring your music for everyone to hear. It's annoying and not everyone has the same music taste as you.

Drinking from a pitcher, loud headphone music ... these are external signs. Made to attract attention.. Lets say.. Do you like James Bond? This character does not seem to give a shit either of what anyone thinks about him. .. Yet his behavior is always refined. Yours, by your own description. Is low class.

Thanks guys, simple responses to my individual personality but thanks for the info.

Not caring what other people think of you is not a license to be rude and annoying. I think Calihunter is dead on.

Meh be as annoying as you want. BUT:

Make sure the annoying/socially non-conventional things you are doing are in fact what you really WANT to do, not just bad habits.

Try listening to headphones at only a medium-obnoxious volume i.e. loud enough that it might bother someone in the library, but not in a crowded lunch hall or walking around outside.

Learn how to drink from a cup. That's a huge social faux pas and unless it's against your personal Jesus just break the habit.

Then carry on as usual.

It's the same as eliminating bad body language habits, like excessively touching your face and not keeping your chin up. Things that don't change your values as a person, just change the way you appear to others.

Drinking from a pitcher is very odd . That's more of a problem than blasting music through headphones for everyone to hear. If it was just the headphones you wouldn't have a bad rep. But since you drink out of a pitcher it's easier for people to pick out other things you do that are annoying or weird.

Reppin the Jersey Shore.