rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Yellow Stains on clothes...Baking Soda?

I want to know if using baking soda instead of antiperspirant will prevent those horrible yellow stains that form under the armpits on clothes. I heard they are formed through a combination of sweat and the aluminium in the antiperspirants, anyone else heard that?

Also, do you know how to get rid of them on clothes already plagued by them? I've read baking soda does it, but I've also heard it doesn't, has anyone dealt with this issue before?

I've tried searching the Baking Soda thread, and I couldn't find this question(s), but apologies if I just missed it.

Cheers.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Yes using baking soda will stop your clothes from getting that blue tinge that comes from the aluminium in regular deodorants and yellow stains as well.

Removing them is tough but can be done. I tried every method out there and the only one that works for me was oxi-clean. Art of maniless taught me that one. I used vinegar, baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Spent a shit load of time scrubbing the areas with tooth brushes and nothing came out. The peroxide actually turned my shirt a yellowish tinge. I experimented with one shirt and used all the different methods 3 times each on the same area and not one area got any better. Then I washed the shirt in oxi-clean and the stains came out. I bet those stains were at least 2 years old as well.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

If someone knows somethings that gets rid of the yellow stains, please do tell.

I have a few shirts that id hate to throw away.

Buy a new shirt or cut it and use it for the gym. In in all my years have never figured out how to remove those yellow deodorant stains and I also have tried everything under the sun - natural and heavy chemical.

Its better to learn this lesson now and prevent it for the future because its a pain to try and fix once the stains set.

Baking Soda or a deodorant stone is what I use now. They are less harsh on your clothes.

And think if that deodorant is staining your cotton shirt like that... what is it doing to you?

Yeah, it seems it's better to just cut your losses and learn from the mistake. Baking Soda all the way for me now. I might have a look into those deodorant stones...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Soak the whites in a bucket with cold water and liquid tide. For dress shirts you may need to scrub the collar gently, then leave them overnight and you will have sparkling white shirts/t-shirts. Then wash them in the machine the normal way.

Momma Rudebwoy's method.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

getting out the yellow stains in white shirts, works with a detergent for white cloths and washing them at 60°C. Not perfect, but better than at 40°. The stains are quite unimpressed by 40°C.

Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

^Going to give these a go. Cheers.

I don't use a washing machine, I hand wash most my cloths. My apartment building has a site laundry facility but I found that their washers weren't cleaning my clothes well. Like I could still smell armpits even after washing/drying and of course it did nothing for yellow stains on white shirts. So now I wash my clothes in the kitchen sink in a bucket and dry them by hanging. My cloths are now way cleaner smelling. If it's a white shirt with pit stains or ring around the collar, got to catch them quick. Just a little bleach(use it in a spray bottle), some detergent, maybe some baking soda and a lot of elbow grease and it'll come out. My favorite white shirt I wash it after basically every use so it doesn't get messed up. An added benefit is you get an upper-body workout. Your arms and back may be sore the next day till you get used to doing it.

Only other alternative is make sure you wear an undershirt under your nicer shirts. Though that may not be an option when it's hot out.