rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Spending the whole summer season in a Greek vacation spot.

I'm considering spending the whole 2013 summer season (June-Sept) in some tourist spot in Greece and I'd really appreciate your input guys.

My situation: I work on the computer from home and can live anywhere I want, however my earnings are limited (currently around 900 EUR/month), and I'd also need to work during the summer months to maintain my income. My first consideration is the northern coast of Greece, mainly because of the lowest cost, it's not far from my home and I don't need a visa (I'm a Bulgarian citizen).

I'm thinking of renting a small appartment for the whole summer and I really want your recommendations guys, but I've got some limitations:
  • I need to be working around 40hrs/week, so partying drunk all night is not something I can do, or want to do.
  • I'm 36, so I don't want to be stuck in a place with a bunch of 20 year olds and feel like an outsider most of the time.
  • A place where there are plenty single and DTF girls would probably be great.
  • As far as looks matter, I'm a white European, average looking 185cm tall, without much game (for now, but I intend to change this ;-)
So given my case what do you guys think, can I realistically pull some solid action this summer?

From reading Greek Kamaki's datasheets it seems only in the Paralia and Chalkidiki regions I might be able to do something (considering what I can afford), but I'd still like to hear your thoughts guys, especially Kamaki you seem to be the encyclopaedia on that region, I really want to know what would you do if you were in my place?

I suggest Kreta or Rhodos if you speak Russian.These places are flooded by Russian and Ukrainian tourists in the summer with a flavour of polish.There are Scandinavians,German and English too but the proportions are much better than what you find in Sunny Beach Bulgaria.
In Paralia Katerini there are mostly Serbian girls (about 70%) and I am not sure how far Bulgarian looks could get.Another possibility to think of is Chalkidiki.There are also Russians, Germans though not in density like in Kreta but the place is cheaper, in proximity to Bulgaria, there are the hot Greek girls from Thessaloniki vaccating as well and there is a Bulgarian minority there which I cannot estimate correctly since most of them speak very good Greek.

In your case if you have some flexibility and can establish connections to locals who are different than you (like the Greeks on Kreta) I would prefer Kreta because Greeks on Rhodos are complete assholes (although they will be scared by you).But if you cannot deviate from Bulgarian mentality I would suggest Chalkidiki since Greeks in northern Greece have very close to Bulgarian mentality and you will blend very easily.

Thanks for the suggestion, if the islands are much better then I may as well put Cyprus on the consideration list.

I was considering only the northern parts because of the lower cost, I don't know how comfortable will I be with a 1000 EUR/month on the islands. In the end I might still choose Halkidiki only to keep the costs in check.

Can you tell me a little more about establishing connections to locals? Do I need them for easier access to women, or something else?

Btw I'm not at all attached to Bulgarian mentality, in fact I find most of the Balkan mentality provincial and backward in many ways, I much prefer northern European mentality (I've lived there before), and from reading articles on the internet, Cretans seem to me not very different from us, maybe slightly worse but not by much: 5 Reasons You Should Not Move to Crete

You could think of bartending or some other local job while you're in the tourist spot, since that'll expand your circle, help you meet people and possibly be a DHV. Oh and it'll also increase what you can spend.

Quote: (02-21-2013 08:58 AM)augen sehen Wrote:  

You could think of bartending or some other local job while you're in the tourist spot, since that'll expand your circle, help you meet people and possibly be a DHV. Oh and it'll also increase what you can spend.

There are a few problems with that:
  1. As far as I've heard it's hard to find a local job.
  2. I'm very unmotivated to work under someone else's command when I already have a very independent and stress-free job at home.
  3. The hourly wage would be lower than what I already make at home. Add on top of that that many employers try to scam you and you don't get all of your money.
Ideally I'd even volunteer to work for an hour or two per day for no compensation, just to be able to establish contact to many DTF women, but I don't know if any employer would agree to such a transaction.

Quote: (02-20-2013 03:25 AM)Caveman Wrote:  

[*] I'm 36, so I don't want to be stuck in a place with a bunch of 20 year olds and feel like an outsider most of the time.

You are going to find a whole bunch of 20 year olds in most vacation hot spots, whether it's Greece or Spain or anywhere else. Yes, I can see how it can get annoying, but then on the other hand it gives you access to a lot of 20 something year old women, which is what most guys are after. It outweighs the negatives.

Kavos and Malia seem to be popular spots, as is Hernossisos.

You might want to consider getting a place that you can share, which will reduce your rental expenses. I am sure many guys on here wouldn't mind spending a few weeks in a vacation hot spot. I might even be up for it.

I don't mind having plenty 20 year olds around me as long as it's mixed company, in fact mixed company is probably much better than if there were only olds like above 30.

It's only uncomfortable if everybody's around 20, and no one else is anywhere near my age, you know like entering a new unknown club only to find out it's some sort of a high school senior party inside.

I guess many Scandinavian girls will be happy to travel to Crete to meet Bulgarian cock.