rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

5 Potential Reasons Why The D.C. Area Is Filled With Ugly People
Potential Reasons Why The D.C. Area Is Filled With Ugly People
Quote:Quote:

5. The Climate: Recently we’ve had quite incredible weather, but in general D.C. is pretty miserable from November through mid-March. That means that about four to five months each year, people in our area are super pale and wear bulky jackets to bundle up. I can only speak for myself, but I find ghost-white skin pretty unattractive and I think bulky jackets are really unattractive.

4. The (Lack Of) Fashion: Quite simply, the people of D.C. don’t have any. There are two radically different types of people in D.C. when it comes to fashion: People who go way over the top, like socialites or Hill-heads and people who just don’t give a shit, like hipsters or Occupy D.C. protestors. The over the top people are funny because they always look like they are headed to a Great Gatsby theme party. These people somehow think that pink pocket-handkerchiefs and initial-emblazoned cuffs are in. The people on the other end of the spectrum are equally funny because they wear the same crappy jean shorts and small rotation of vintage tees on a daily basis. They think that a faded shirt that features a soda logo is sexy.

3. No Beach In Sight: This reason somewhat coincides with the climate factor. People who live in cities with beaches nearby are determined to stay in shape year round. We don’t have a beach in our backyard, so gym motivation is sometimes lacking. The closest thing D.C. has to a beach is the Georgetown Waterfront in the summer time, when those fat old guys dock their fancy boats in front of Tony and Joes and try to talk young girls into joining their Spring Break fiesta. Not exactly what I call paradise.

2. We’re Too Job Focused: The stress levels of jobs in the District cannot be denied. Some people are dealing with super important things at work, and everyone else thinks they are dealing with super important things at work—even if they aren’t. High stress jobs leads to eating crappy food, drinking way too much, and not really having too much time to get pretty.

1. It’s A Cycle: This might be the most disturbing potential reason why the D.C. population is so ugly. Any beautiful people who come to D.C. won’t actually stay in D.C. long-term because they realize fairly quickly that we are an ugly city. Those people take their talents to metropolises with other beautiful people where they can fit in, places like New York, L.A., or Miami. As these beautiful people migrate to other cities, D.C.’s beautiful people population becomes smaller and smaller, leaving us with mostly average looking people. Those average looking people who remain in D.C. will then mate with each other to create a new generation of average-looking D.C. residents. It’s a cycle of ugliness, really…and there’s no end in sight.

http://nationalshitlist.com/dc/2012/03/1...ly-people/

Accurate?

Discuss.
6. The city is heavily African-American/immigrant.. I don't really mind either way, but thats the elephant in the room as far as being a reason why its downplayed as much as I hear it
Love this comment:

Quote:Quote:

Erik
This is the dumbest, most superficial thing I've read. D.C. is the second fittest city in the U.S. and by far has some of the most beautiful women from around the world. Politicians aren't the prettiest, sure. But the feminine crowd? You've got to be nuts. Also, "bulky" never comes to mind when I think of a pea coat, D.C.'s most notable coat fashion in the winter. You're either full of it or from fake beach body California.
Quote: (02-14-2013 03:47 PM)LoveBug Wrote:  

6. The city is heavily African-American/immigrant.. I don't really mind either way, but thats the elephant in the room as far as being a reason why its downplayed as much as I hear it

Isn't Atlanta heavier African-American immigrant? So Atlanta should be in the runnings, no?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
"DC is Hollywood for ugly people"

I don't know who originally said that but it tells you all you need to know about the looks and attitudes of people in DC.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat
Funny comments on the article, at least there are some guys that think the girls in DC are hot lol
Quote: (02-14-2013 04:24 PM)ElBorrachoInfamoso Wrote:  

"DC is Hollywood for ugly people"

I don't know who originally said that but it tells you all you need to know about the looks and attitudes of people in DC.

Paul Begala.
My brother's female friend just got a job with one of the 3 letter acronym gov't entities in DC.

I imagine she is going to put on an additional 30 pounds now.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.
Quote: (02-14-2013 04:36 PM)renotime Wrote:  

My brother's female friend just got a job with one of the 3 letter acronym gov't entities in DC.

I imagine she is going to put on an additional 30 pounds now.

Best to get these girls when they first move to town. PM me her contact info so I can "show her around town" - I want to bang her before she gains the 30 lbs.
She went to a top tier STEM school and graduated with highest honors. What do you think she is overcompensating for?

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.
"Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm."

-- JFK

Sure you don't...
Quote: (02-14-2013 05:45 PM)polymath Wrote:  

"Washington is a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm."

-- JFK

Wtf is northern charm? I am guessing he meant charmless?

Quote: (02-14-2013 06:44 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Sure you don't...

Yeah I probably shoulnd't have posted that. Personally I have fucked girls of all races, have had black girls, and dont care about race. But this constant hate on D.C., I see lack of many tangible reasons for it, makes me think that there is some ethnic/racial undetones to it. If D.C. were 50%+ white non-hispanic would there be the exact same complex? Maybe I shoud have left that unsaid
The problem with DC is a high cost of living with nothing cool. NYC is only marginally better than DC climate wise. As for beaches - would you swim just off of Brooklyn or Queens?

So Why is NYC so much better? Because NYC is a cool place.

What really did DC in was that the hot girls who came here worked for non profits. Non profits who got little or no money from federal gov grants. When the recession hit, all of the donation money dried up. The non profits had huge layoffs of hot women so that the career minded cat loving spinsters could keep their places. The hot girls left. Simple as that.
This is not a nice thing to say, but given the obsession of mentioning the White vs. Black dynamic of DC, in most of what one would consider the hot night spots where I go, you will see few if any black girls (that includes the bars on U Street). In DC, whites and blacks do not mix after work.
Getting off work in D.C., Friday evening

[Image: commuters-headphones-red-line-metro-trai...ton-dc.jpg]

Getting your buzz on later that night, somewhere in Virgina

[Image: beer-party.jpg]

What you're missing out on

[Image: Budweiser-Budvar-Czech-Girls1-412x582.jpg]
I blame the pasty midwesterners.
Quote: (02-14-2013 11:53 PM)temujin Wrote:  

Lmao!

The first pic is what u'll see on the metro from 7 pm-midnight on weekdays.

The second is night in cockfest Clarendon.

And this is whats waiting for you in DC on a weekend night.

[Image: Jumbo-Slice-1024x768.jpg]
I can already picture the girl with the pizza asking me a million screening questions as soon as I cheers her beer in a crowded bar when I'm having a good time. Cowl face+what do you do?+where did you go to grad school?+why are you wearing that?+where are your friends?+how many drinks have you had?+are you Republican?+that's not funny, you should stop doing that=I have huge stick stuck up my butt but I am too proud to realize that I'm a boring person in all parts of my life.
Quote: (02-14-2013 11:53 PM)temujin Wrote:  

Gotta give a knowing laugh, having just spent a couple days in the Czech Republic with that 'my eyes have been opened' feeling.

On another slightly unrelated note, didn't realize that the american budweiser actually stole their name from a Czech beer company.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew
The G Manifesto predicted an upcoming thread titled:

"DC Area = Suicide"

These jumbo slice and Metro photos are going to push someone over the edge. Which DC RVFer is going to have a meltdown first?

Answer to the original post?

In typical DC format the author is over analyzing why the area is filled with ugly people. It's nothing to do with weather, beaches, etc...

The answer is DC is a magnet for nerds and dweebs seeking the comfort and security of government money. As a whole, these people are not fun, not interesting, not exciting, not risk takers, not creative, not stylish. They are dorks from fly over states and below average looking girls that can bump up their SMV just by changing geographic location and allowing themselves to date up. If the Federal Government moved to LA, or NYC trust me the average hotness of women would go down.
kenny is exactly right. Look at the predominant job opportunities in the city and you can reasonably deduce what sorts of women will be there. NYC = fashion, art center. LA = entertainment industry. Where do you need looks? DC = health policy, think tanks, and NGOs.

Actually, I'm getting kind of tired of DC sucks threads. Yeah, it ain't the greatest by a long shot. If you're in DC I think the best options are: a) stop bitching and make the best of it, b) bitch but be moving out.
Quote: (02-15-2013 10:48 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Actually, I'm getting kind of tired of DC sucks threads.

But you have to admit, they are kind of hilarious, right?
Yeah I'm a bit exhausted of the DC sucks threads as well. Definitely NOT saying its anywhere close to the league of NYC, Stockholm, Paris, etc - but again as EVERYONE is on here saying-this place is full of dweebs and betas.....so its NOT that hard to hook up here. Yes they will not be the highest quality, and YES my one major complaint here is that it can be hard to lock girls down when they are SO career oriented plus the good ol question of "so...what do you do?" Or the shitty non warm attitudes at times, but thats many northern US cities. Ahhh fml.

BUT...there are still plenty of travelers, foreigners, interns on the hill, and events people stop by from out of town for for just a few days. Not to mention embassies (with interns) , public transportation, and smart women here who do stay fit. This is also without mentioning a plethora of universities (STAY AWAY FROM GWU, American and Georgetown as where its at). YES you will get annoying women who have sticks up there ass, act annoying as hell, and have heads so inflated they are as high as the dang sky. But as said, the men have minimal game here, don't open too often, AREN'T risk takers, and can be completely douchey (Clarendon anyone? UGH). Know your logistics and what/when to avoid places and what you are getting into. Avoiding clubs full of dudes, roll with your groups, and break into as many groups as possible.

Yes I've seen the gorgeous women of C.R. but how are you going to compare an advertisement to the women here? I could pull a picture of a gorgeous girl on a Bud Light poster too. Again I'm not saying DC is a paradise or anything close, but you have to know what you are doing and just go for it.