rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Preparing for a little raid in Rio

Hi, i am Mekorig, 30 years old, Argentinian, 1.80 hight, not fat but in the chubby side (loosing some weight since a month ago). The thing is, in 20 days i going to Rio for a short trip (10 days), after 5 fricking years of not taking any holiday from work. I am a total newbie, and thanks to a friend i began to read about the game (already readed Strauss book, and i am currently reading Roosh´s Bang). I will use this thread to post my doubts and inquires about the city, and the beatiful country of Brasil, and more important, its women.

PD: yeap, i have already searched the forum and readed quite a lot of threads about Brasil.

So, first question: It is speaking spanish good enough to comunicate in Brasil? I will try to learn some basic portuguese before going, but i was wondering is spanish is close enough to have a limited/primitive conversation with a brasilian.

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Letters from the battlefront: Argentina

Quote: (02-08-2013 12:57 PM)Mekorig Wrote:  

Hi, i am Mekorig, 30 years old, Argentinian, 1.80 hight, not fat but in the chubby side (loosing some weight since a month ago). The thing is, in 20 days i going to Rio for a short trip (10 days), after 5 fricking years of not taking any holiday from work. I am a total newbie, and thanks to a friend i began to read about the game (already readed Strauss book, and i am currently reading Roosh´s Bang). I will use this thread to post my doubts and inquires about the city, and the beatiful country of Brasil, and more important, its women.

PD: yeap, i have already searched the forum and readed quite a lot of threads about Brasil.

So, first question: It is speaking spanish good enough to comunicate in Brasil? I will try to learn some basic portuguese before going, but i was wondering is spanish is close enough to have a limited/primitive conversation with a brasilian.

I'm traveling to rio on february 19 and i will stay until the 27th. If you are in those dates let me know, we could take rio by storm! [Image: smile.gif]

Sadly, i will hit Rio about a dat later, the 28th at most early, and leaving again the 10th of March. [Image: sad.gif]

"What is important is to try to develop insights and wisdom rather than mere knowledge, respect someone's character rather than his learning, and nurture men of character rather than mere talents." - Inazo Nitobe

When i´m feeling blue, when i just need something to shock me up, i look at this thread and everything get better!

Any help guys?

First, you should have bumped another thread.

I just got back from a 6 day trip about two weeks ago. Spanish is close. I used Spanish phrases but couldnt understand the porte.

I'm short, black, American, stayed in Copa and can barely speak the language. Shit was hard. I had to shore to smash. You have the Spanish so you can almost communicate. I would try to get an apartment but not in Copa. Hit up the Hostels up. Defidently hit Lapa on Friday and Saturday. Favela is where most of the girls stay at. Some are good some are bad. You should hit up locals to see which is which.

Hope for the best but keep your expectations low.

The cycle of disrespect can start with just an appetizer.

You can make yourself understood with Spanish in Rio if you speak slowly or articulate more carefully.

But, to understand whatever people will tell you in Portuguese will be a bit harder. Anyway, you'll finetune your ears in a few days.

Besides the already mentioned places to go out in Rio, I'd suggest you go to ILHA GRANDE or alternatively to BUZIOS (3 days would do), where you might find plenty of travelling girls seeking fun.

Thanks for the advices guys. I will try to make a report of my little raid.