rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Visa-Free Countries for US Passport Holders

I am planning on doing a SE Asia tour and am pretty happy that a lot of these countries don't require me to get a visa in advance. I found the following list of visa requirements for various countries:

http://www.retire-asia.com/us-passport-no-visa.shtml

Having said that, I don't know when this page was last updated, so if you are going to go to a country you might wanna double check it.

-YMG

As I continue traveling throughout Asia, I plan to figure out travel tricks and ways to get discounts/upgrades/specials for my visas, airfare, and living costs.

If anyone knows about this sort of stuff let me know. This guy named Chris Guillebeau (or something, his name is impossible to remember) wrote two ebooks about hacking frequent flyer miles and airline alliance programs. These programs generally try to fuck you as much as possible, but there are ways to use loopholes to turn them around, bend them over, and fuck em back.

I think the books are called "Frequent Flyer Master" and "Travel Ninja" or something like that.

His blog I believe is called Art of Nonconformity, he's very much into the whole 4HWW movement.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requir...s_citizens

Looks like it's exactly the same for Canadians, except that we need a pre-visa to enter Mongolia whereas US citizens don't (unless the wiki maintainers made a mistake)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requir...n_citizens

well the cuba one is wrong, from what I heard *cough* you can just fly into cuba, say from canada or mexico, no visa required. Now to do it legally you need permission from the usa.... but thats just what a friend told me.

Quote: (06-21-2010 04:58 AM)clr Wrote:  

well the cuba one is wrong, from what I heard *cough* you can just fly into cuba, say from canada or mexico, no visa required. Now to do it legally you need permission from the usa.... but thats just what a friend told me.

Your friend is right. Check the ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS (it also says that you cannot get permission for tourism).

Saying that, I know several Americans who traveled to Cuba this year and had no issues with that. Cuban immigration officers do not put any stamps into the passport, so it's an easy travel if one is comfortable hiding the fact they visited Cuba from CBP.

yeah senor cuba actually passed a law making it ILLEGAL to stamp a US passport at customs. [Image: smile.gif] If one were to do this, this person would have 2 entry stamps into say.... mexico in their passport, it is highly unlikely that they would get asked about this, but if they we, an easy explanation that heard from my friend [Image: smile.gif] is that you can say you went on a cruise to belize and just never got off the ship. Then you would have 2 entry stamps. Of course my friend was never asked and has never heard of anyone being asked, but he likes to be prepared just in case.