rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Swedes in Santa Barbara

I randomly ran across this rather lame blog by Swedish chicks living in Santa Barbara, California.

Apparently, there are a bunch of them every year who attend the City College over there.

http://glisb.wordpress.com/page/5/

Anyone ever spend some time in Santa Barbara? Looks like a strictly under 30 (under 25 even) scene, although I do remember hearing that Michael Jordan and Charles Barkeley used to hit it up semi-regularly back in the day to bang through record numbers of blonde co-eds.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

UCSB is a goldmine. State Street is a bunch of bars with lots of hot blondes. SB County has good waves too.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Sounds like heaven!

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 03:16 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

UCSB is a goldmine. State Street is a bunch of bars with lots of hot blondes. SB County has good waves too.

^ This! UCSB is a major party school, and has attracted HBs for decades. The surf is great, particularly if you have an "in" at Hollister Ranch, which has some of the most consistent waves south of Santa Cruz. If you're into MILFs, SB is crawling with gorgeous, affluent older women...it's definitely a money town.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

My impression is the place is quite age polarized. Everyone is either a college student or some older affluent local. Never felt like it was a town for anyone between 25 and 40. Beautiful place though and worth a visit.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 04:37 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

My impression is the place is quite age polarized. Everyone is either a college student or some older affluent local. Never felt like it was a town for anyone between 25 and 40. Beautiful place though and worth a visit.

Correct. There is minimal local economy so it is students and rich people. A lot of LA people cruise up for a romantic weekend things like that.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Doesn't Oprah Winfrey live there?

That woman alone could power the local economy -- I'm in awe of Oprah for completely capturing the minds, hearts, and most importantly, wallets of bored, spiritually stunted American housewives like no one else ever has.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 04:57 PM)temujin Wrote:  

Doesn't Oprah Winfrey live there?

That woman alone could power the local economy -- I'm in awe of Oprah for completely capturing the minds, hearts, and most importantly, wallets of bored, spiritually stunted American housewives like no one else ever has.

Oprah lives in an adjacent community called Montecito. I think her estate is worth $85 mil

Michael Jackson's Neverland Ranch is in SB County. Lot's of uber wealthy people have homes there.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 03:13 PM)temujin Wrote:  

I randomly ran across this rather lame blog by Swedish chicks living in Santa Barbara, California.

Apparently, there are a bunch of them every year who attend the City College over there.

Anyone ever spend some time in Santa Barbara? Looks like a strictly under 30 (under 25 even) scene, although I do remember hearing that Michael Jordan and Charles Barkeley used to hit it up semi-regularly back in the day to bang through record numbers of blonde co-eds.

so these chicks pass up a free education in Sweden just to attend a no-name junior college 6,000 miles from home???

[Image: 1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg]

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 05:37 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

so these chicks pass up a free education in Sweden just to attend a no-name junior college 6,000 miles from home???

These exchange programs terms are often such that they don't anything for tution. Just like the American kids taking their seats over in Swe aren't paying anything. It's basically a selling point for the College.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 05:01 PM)kenny_powers Wrote:  

Oprah lives in an adjacent community called Montecito. I think her estate is worth $85 mil

My sister's home is right down the street from O's ~ there are some big estates at the top of the Montecito grid (on Mountain). Interestingly enough, she lives adjacent to the house that actor Randy Quaid was squatting in in 2010! [Image: dodgy.gif]

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 05:44 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2013 05:37 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

These exchange programs terms are often such that they don't anything for tution. Just like the American kids taking their seats over in Swe aren't paying anything. It's basically a selling point for the College.

but to a junior college?

compulsory education in California is known as " K-12 " where the "K" stands for Kindergarten and the "12" stands 12th Grade .

"K-14" is K-12 plus the 2-year junior college education.

thus, the State of California considers a junior college to be the last two years of a high school education.
Quote:Quote:

Passed in 1988, Proposition 98 enacted an advanced formula to determine K-12 and community college funding
http://www.michiganpolicy.com/index.html?...Itemid=132

so why are these Swedish chicks attending a jc in Santa Barbara, when thwey can easily find a better education back home? my guess is that they are looking for some sucker's Green Card. don't be that sucker !!!

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 06:04 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

so why are these Swedish chicks attending a jc in Santa Barbara, when thwey can easily find a better education back home? my guess is that they are looking for some sucker's Green Card. don't be that sucker !!!

These aren't 3rd world stowaways. A green card holds very little sway in Scandinavia. Most likely this program is just treated like a fun year off, the same way many Europeans will backpack or do seasonal work in the alps and Med.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 06:13 PM)Vicious Wrote:  

Quote: (02-05-2013 06:04 PM)GameTheory Wrote:  

These aren't 3rd world stowaways. A green card holds very little sway in Scandinavia. Most likely this program is just treated like a fun year off, the same way many Europeans will backpack or do seasonal work in the alps and Med.

well check this out...

Quote:Quote:

My name is Malena Kirs, I am a 27 year old girl from Sweden, and I am studying my second semester at Santa Barbara City College, getting my certificate in marketing this december.

what is a 27 y.o. from Sweden, a country full of world class universites, doing studying at a third-tier jc that's full of 18 y.o. students? this reeks of Green Card trawlery.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Anyone ever spend some time in Santa Barbara? Looks like a strictly under 30 (under 25 even) scene.

Indeed, there are quite a few Swedish chicks at the Santa Barbara City College (SBCC). There are also a lot of Scandinavian exchange students at UCSB, mostly Norwegian. Many of them are female.

The under-21 crowd parties mostly at Isla Vista (IV), next to the UCSB campus. Del Playa (DP), the street on the waterfront, is the place to be. Many SBCC students live in Isla Vista, and then take the bus to SBCC every day (it's like 15-20 Km from IV to downtown SB).

The 21+ crowd parties mostly in downtown SB. State Street at night is interesting. Any time of the year, you will find lots of drunk hot blondes in miniskirts and high-heels. Unfortunately, the bar / nightclub scene over there is not that great. There are no big clubs with large dance floors. Some places to go at night:
  • Tonic is posh and upscale. It has the biggest dance floor in SB, though not as dimly lit as it should be. Enough space to dance. A patio in the back where one can talk to chicks. Not a bad place.
  • EOS is posh and pretentious. It's where the yuppies go party. Goofy guys in suits trying to impress the ladies. The dance floors are ridiculously small and overcrowded. Some dumb broad will accidentally spill her drink on you. There's a patio with gas heaters, but it's usually overcrowded too.
  • Wildcat is the place to go wild. Decent dance floor (especially if you go early), with strobe lights, lasers, and smoke. Since the lighting is dimmer and the atmosphere foggy, people lose their inhibitions and go wild. Go-go dancers in cages. Cheap shots. Perfect place to go from 21:30 to 23:30 on a Friday night to dance with your girl. Don't go on Sunday night since that is (was?) gay night.
  • Indochine is a small place, with a ridiculously small dance floor, but the patio has beautiful Thai decoration. The perfect place to take a girl on a date. Instead of buying her dinner (which would be beta), just take her to Indochine and drink a gin tonic within sight of the Buddha statue. Chicks dig the "exotic" allure of the place.
Maybe I should write a data sheet on SB...

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Swedes in Santa Barbara

There are a lot at Santa Monica College too. GameTheory, I've seen little evidence they're trawling for green cards. Swedes just like to travel.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

^^^well just bang 'em don't marry them

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 08:06 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

There are a lot at Santa Monica College too. GameTheory, I've seen little evidence they're trawling for green cards. Swedes just like to travel.

I have never met a Swede that wanted to join "Team USA Fuck Yeah!"

They seem quite happy with their Volvos and meatballs.

Pretty sure these girls just want to experience beautiful Southern California for a semester or two.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 08:06 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

There are a lot at Santa Monica College too.

There are a few at Cal Poly Pomona, too.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Swedes in Santa Barbara

I used to visit some friends in SB pretty often.

Lower State St. is great for daygame near the department stores and the bus hub. It works well because most guys in the area are either fishing for gold diggers or taking the icelandic blackout drunk technique of getting laid.

The nightlife is seriously pay to play. House parties and informal throwbacks are so common that there is zero reason to buck up cover charges when the chick or you will literally solve the logistics issue by hosting.

There's some serious talent running through the city but there is one caveat. In no other place in the world have I seen girls hit the wall at terminal velocity at a young age than in IV. 4 Nights a week of heavy drinking for half a decade will do that for ya. I've never met any chick over 25 who isn't on some sugar daddy's payroll or isn't a walking teetotaler PSA.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 04:37 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

True.

I went to UCSB and State Street is fun if you are a college kid. The scene there definitely trends younger, so it might not be the greatest place for an older dude to pull unless you look young and are good at picking up college girls.

As for living in SB, too expensive considering there are no real jobs that pay well in the area. Most of the older people who live there are wealthy locals...although, like you said, it is worth a visit since the beaches are beautiful and the weather is almost always nice.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

OTT. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

I randomly ran across this rather lame blog by Swedish chicks living in Santa Barbara, California. Apparently, there are a bunch of them every year who attend the City College over there. http://glisb.wordpress.com/page/5/

You did not hide the URL!! It's going to be interesting when one of them GLISB'ies decides to check the blog stats and realizes that 10s (if not 100s) of visitors are being directed to their blog via this thread.

Roosh, if you're reading this, please check the RVF stats to see if there are visitors coming from Santa Barbara.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 11:07 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

I randomly ran across this rather lame blog by Swedish chicks living in Santa Barbara, California. Apparently, there are a bunch of them every year who attend the City College over there. http://glisb.wordpress.com/page/5/

You did not hide the URL!! It's going to be interesting when one of them GLISB'ies decides to check the blog stats and realizes that 10s (if not 100s) of visitors are being directed to their blog via this thread.

Maybe not. The blog hasn't been updated since December 4, 2012. They may have abandoned it.

Swedes in Santa Barbara

Quote: (02-05-2013 11:13 PM)The Texas Prophet Wrote:  

Maybe not. The blog hasn't been updated since December 4, 2012. They may have abandoned it.

I assumed that SBCC has a quarter system like UCSB, but I was wrong. Check the calendar. Fall semester ended on December 15, 2012. Spring semester started on January 28, 2013. Hence, the Swedes stopped posting before finals week, and may have come back to SB a week ago.