rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

San Francisco

San Francisco

I know at least a couple of you have spent some time there? Any recommendations for cheap but clean lodging, or relatively so for SF. I'm going up there for a party in a few weeks and I usually crash at some friend's house on the couch or something, but it might not be possible this time.

San Francisco

Speakeasy,

The Warwick Hotel
Adagio Hotel
Clift Hotel

In descending order of expensiveness. I actually like Adagio best. All there are real close in Union Square.

But I guess it depends on where you want to stay.

San Francisco

Cheap lodging is hard to come by in SF.

I lived there for 3 months. Couchsurfing is HUGE there, you can find somebody pretty easily on that. If not, there's a hostel on Haight Street at Fillmore that is cheap at $20/night, although I got attacked by bedbugs. Tons of weed there, though.

San Francisco

I've never stayed at a U.S. hostel, I always thought that most of them don't allow Americans to stay there, only foreigners.

G, I'll check out those options, thx.

San Francisco

I have personally never stayed at The Warwick Hotel, but a friend has and he liked it.

Its like a block down from Adagio.

Adagio and Clift have pretty dope bars with swoopable girls. I actually like Adagio's better.

San Francisco

I stayed at this place called Parc 55, right off Market St., across from the Bart station, I don't know what you're budget is, but I think you can get a nice room for like $75. It's supposedly a 4 star, but the convience of the location makes it nice. If you want to eat at one of the best restaurants in the city, I recommend Kokkari Estario, one of the best restaurants I've ever been to.

San Francisco

Quote: (05-11-2010 09:41 PM)lavinci Wrote:  

You know how they say that San Francisco is meant to be the most beautiful city in the US? I did not see it that way at all.

Well, there probably isn't any more pretty city in the U.S. than SF, so I guess all of our cities suck then.

San Francisco

I'm from San Francisco. It works for me.

My advice is go to San Diego.

San Francisco

Yea I think the most beautiful US city title is a toss up between SF and SD. Both so beautiful in very different ways. If you like more of a big city vibe (even though it's not THAT big), SF will be more your thing. If you prefer a more loungy, palm tree beachy vibe, SD will be heaven for you. I'm biased towards SD since I lived there for a while, but I'd also live in SF in a second.

San Francisco

"I recommend Kokkari Estario, one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. "

Ha. I know that fam. If you want to go to one of the best restaurants in the country, go to Zuni Cafe. Also on Market, I think.

"SF is beautiful don't get me wrong, it just resembled the East Coast too much to me. It was San Diego that stunned me. Most beautiful US city in my book."

SD has decent natural beauty. Architecturally it is a godforsaken nightmare.

"Yea I think the most beautiful US city title is a toss up between SF and SD. "

SF is beautiful, so is New Orleans, Miami Beach and NYC. DC is actually a real pretty city also.

And that is about it for america.

Barcelona easily beats them all.

San Francisco

L.A. can be beautiful too in certain areas. As a whole it's not a beautiful city at all, but places like Palos Verdes, Pacific Palisades, Beverly Hills from the 405 through the Miracle Mile district are beautiful. If you've ever been in one of the apartments near sunset blvd in west Hollywood, the view overlooking the city is stunning.

San Francisco

I've lived in SF for many years. If you love hipsters, liberals, and people wearing scarfs in 60 degree weather, this is your place [Image: smile.gif]

San Francisco

There was an amusing article recently about girls in San Fran learning game: http://www.sfweekly.com/2010-03-03/news/girl-game/

San Francisco

Quote: (05-18-2010 07:28 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

There was an amusing article recently about girls in San Fran learning game: http://www.sfweekly.com/2010-03-03/news/girl-game/

That article was frustrating to read. These women complain about not being able to meet 'dateable' men but then contradict or undermine everything the instructor says. They use demographics as a scapegoat, a diversion from any sort of practical introspection -- too many gay men, men / women ratio, cost of living. Meanwhile, every word out of the one girl's mouth was a curseword, and she uses phrases like 'jamming the clam'.

Sure; I'm in a rush to date a vulgar, beer-swilling shrew who works as a barista or 'administrative assistant' and feels entitled to a boyfriend with a 6-figure salary. Get a grip on reality. I'm never leaving the Baltics.

San Francisco

I've never been to the Adagio, but I've had some great times in the bar at Clift. You can always check craigslist for a sub-let or co-op situation for something longer term. If you check the "activities" section on CL you can meet some pretty cool people into what you are into who usually have a room/guest house to let you stay in for a while.

If you surf, kayak or raft at all definitely send me a PM when you're in town. I'm trying to get on the water more now that it is getting warmer.

San Francisco

Quote: (05-24-2010 04:59 PM)feomuerto Wrote:  

If you surf, kayak or raft at all definitely send me a PM when you're in town. I'm trying to get on the water more now that it is getting warmer.

"Warmer" water in San Francisco means what? 45 degrees? Lol.

San Francisco

Haha, yeah. But with a wetsuit/springsuit you can't tell the difference. Last summer I used to go out in just board shorts and a rashgaurd, but the weather's been pretty messed up this year.

San Francisco

I'm trying to make it up there this weekend. I like rafting, but I've only done it in the Sierras. Hoping to get in some mountain biking in Marin country since it's the ground zero for the cycling scene.

San Francisco

Speakeasy,

Let me know if you want to get a local opinion on anything.

San Francisco

Right on. If you're looking for something to do give me a shout for sure. I was planning to go kayaking on Saturday and go wench hunting at night. Maybe check out the Adagio with my boy.
But either way I'm always down to make a new contact.

San Francisco

Thanks guys, I'll keep y'all in mind. I'll probably be pretty tied up catching up with all my friends up in the bay. I'll hit you up for suggestions or to grab a bite if time allows. I'll be staying with a friend in the Mission district.