rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What should I blend first?

One of my friends bought a new blender so he gave me his old one. It's not a bad blender.

The only drink I have ever blended contained Yoplay smoothie mix, a few spoonfuls of peanut butter, tasteless protein powder, sugar, chocolate whey protein, and a lot of milk... It actually tasted decent.

Do you guys have a go to smoothie recipe? Sure I could search for recipes on the internet, but I want them to be pre-approved RVF certified [Image: attachment.jpg9770]   

I posted this in another thread but my major calorie workout smoothie is:

3 raw organic eggs
3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon raw cacao
1/2 cup oats
2 bananas
handful of ice cubes
Fill with whole organic milk until everything is submerged...use more or less to gain desired thickness

Now that contains well over a 1000 calories and some serious fat but is something I use because it can be difficult for me to eat enough to gain weight without consuming shit foods.

Lately though I've been cutting it in half and maintaining the same number of eggs. I'll drink one in the morning or at night or both. You can also do things like substitute strawberries for the peanut butter and cacao or other things like that to get a better flavor variety.

Tastes like shit, but gives you an awesome amount of energy

Kale shake recipe:

4 stalks kale
2 large celery stalks
1 cucumber
1 apple/pear or equivalent amount of berries
2 cloves garlic
1/2" piece of ginger
add enough water to make it blend smoothly

Fruit smoothie:

1 banana
1/2 cup yogurt(I prefer Greek)
1/2 cup pineapple
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
6 oz orange juice
1 tbs flax seed
Note: I freeze my bananas, pineapple and berries. If you want it to be frozen add some ice and omit a little OJ

My breakfast every morning...even on sundays.

5 hardboiled eggs
1 avocado
Approx. 1.5 cups of milk (add more for easier drink-ability)

I called it sewer water. The smell alone drives the girls away. I'm a very slow eater so eating 5 eggs + 1 avocado in the morning would take over 20 minutes for me.

Alright what about some alcoholic smoothies? With my new job I can drink all day and still get my work done. Might be nice to sip on a delicious nutrient infused alcoholic smoothie to kick off each week. Does mixing protein with alcohol nullify the benefits?

Quote: (01-31-2013 10:07 PM)kickboxer Wrote:  

Alright what about some alcoholic smoothies? With my new job I can drink all day and still get my work done. Might be nice to sip on a delicious nutrient infused alcoholic smoothie to kick off each week.

Does mixing protein with alcohol nullify the benefits?

I don't think it would hurt the benefits of protein much. The old school bodybuilders on Venice Beach would pound beers all day.

Add rum to any fruit smoothie, and it'll definitely be better.

Simple one I make is:

1 banana
3 raw eggs
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
400ml of milk

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

Been doing this recipe for couple weeks after I ran out of whey protein powder.

6 raw eggs
1.5 cups whole milk
1 banana
1 tbsp natty pb
cinnamon
pure vanilla extract
ice

Tastes amazing and gives me pretty good energy boost

Definitely an iPhone.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (01-31-2013 07:19 PM)Enigma Wrote:  

I posted this in another thread but my major calorie workout smoothie is:

3 raw organic eggs
3 tablespoons organic coconut oil
2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon raw cacao
1/2 cup oats
2 bananas
handful of ice cubes
Fill with whole organic milk until everything is submerged...use more or less to gain desired thickness

Now that contains well over a 1000 calories and some serious fat but is something I use because it can be difficult for me to eat enough to gain weight without consuming shit foods.

Lately though I've been cutting it in half and maintaining the same number of eggs. I'll drink one in the morning or at night or both. You can also do things like substitute strawberries for the peanut butter and cacao or other things like that to get a better flavor variety.

I've been tweaking this shake for the past month or so and I just decided to add greek yogurt and use less milk. Gives it an added creaminess and a significant protein boost. I recommend going with the half shake recipe at this point as the full shake is roughly 2000 calories...so:

3 raw organic eggs
1 1/2 tblspns raw organic coconut oil
1 tblspn extra virgin olive oil
1 tblspn natural peanut butter
1/2 cup greek yogurt
1/4 cup oats
1 banana
1 tblspn raw cacao
few ice cubes
Submerged in whole organic milk

This comes out to approximately 1000 calories, 40g protein, 30 g sat fat, and 15 g unsat fat. Nice little meal replacement.

Really good and gives me a nice energy boost to start the day. I also believe it's helped keep me from getting sick this winter. I skipped it yesterday and my throat was feeling a little sore and I had some nasal congestion...after downing the shake this morning, my symptoms were gone almost instantly.

If its a Blendtec wear ear-muffs!

"Lifes about, shooting your load"