rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

OKCupid Events

OKCupid Events

I just got a notification of an OKCupid event in my area. I'm not sure if I'm going to take part yet, but it seems as though they've been going on around the NYC area for a while now, so I was wondering if any of you had any experiential information of what one can expect from the event.

A little extra info for those who don't know...
It costs $5, it looks like there will be vodka cocktails and hors d'oeuvres served, and dj etc. But, it will be hosted at the Banana Republic (at least the ones in Santa Monica and WeHo).

I just signed back up to OKCupid so I lost the attractive matches for the time being, so I would also like to hear if there are multiple events going on (one for the attractive and one for the unattractive crowds).

OKCupid Events

(if you're worried about the quality of your search matches, set up a fake female profile. They automatically get highly rated by men, pretty much.)

Go to the event and give us a datasheet!

OKCupid Events

I found one post online about a girl's experience at the event:
Quote:Quote:

I went to one last week with a friend - Trivia Night at a bar. Here is how that went:
  • The women there outnumbered the men.
  • The women there were significantly hotter than the men.
  • The two men on our team were two of the most socially awkward people on earth.
  • My friend and I left after 2 rounds (there were 5) because we started to feel awkward ourselves.
  • We went to a different bar and met a group of dudes who were drunk and friendly.
from http://www.100fd.com/2012/10/okcupid-event-review.html

What one can takeaway from this...

If you've got game, this might be a great way to get some cheap drinks and easy lays!

OKCupid Events

Judging from that woman's blog write-up, I agree this sounds like it would be a goldmine for anyone with a bit of game.

This could be me, but I think that for a guy there's something of a stigma attached to showing up to such an event. Here's my opinion as to why:

Manhood is defined as going and DOING stuff. That includes knowing how to ask out a woman. So a guy at such an event is at a disadvantage, because it insinuates he doesn't know how to successfully do this (supposedly) very basic thing...whereas with women, we expect them to be passive and assume they could be there simply because they didn't get asked (luck of the draw). This is just me pontificating, though.

The other option is show up alone and just say you travel or want to meet "better quality" women. Or show up with a female wingwoman.

OKCupid Events

Quote: (01-29-2013 09:43 PM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Judging from that woman's blog write-up, I agree this sounds like it would be a goldmine for anyone with a bit of game.

This could be me, but I think that for a guy there's something of a stigma attached to showing up to such an event. Here's my opinion as to why:

Manhood is defined as going and DOING stuff. That includes knowing how to ask out a woman. So a guy at such an event is at a disadvantage, because it insinuates he doesn't know how to successfully do this (supposedly) very basic thing...whereas with women, we expect them to be passive and assume they could be there simply because they didn't get asked (luck of the draw). This is just me pontificating, though.

The other option is show up alone and just say you travel or want to meet "better quality" women. Or show up with a female wingwoman.

I would never go to this "trivia" thing because it wouldn't interest me in the least. I think the perceived disadvantage is exactly that, perception. I suspect I would clean up at something like this because I would rather day game or do something I'm interested in and meet women while I'm doing it than the usual club bullshit. I have no compunctions about any so-called stigma. If there are attractive women and something cool to do, it should be pretty easy for me to pull. Add that to the fact that the girls are there to meet men makes it that much easier. I'm looking forward to checking out some of the events in my area.

OKCupid Events

The event in my city is locked as they need more women.It's going to be a cockfest.

Feel the fear..then do it anyway.

OKCupid Events

Quote: (01-29-2013 11:34 PM)NewGamer Wrote:  

The event in my city is locked as they need more women.It's going to be a cockfest.

That's what I would have expected from an OkStupid event. I don't think ratios are really that important because it's pretty easy to distinguish yourself if you have any real skills, but I was pleasantly surprised by the earlier post saying ratios were really good for the men.

OKCupid Events

Quote: (01-29-2013 08:55 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

I found one post online about a girl's experience at the event:
Quote:Quote:

I went to one last week with a friend - Trivia Night at a bar. Here is how that went:
  • The women there outnumbered the men.
  • The women there were significantly hotter than the men.
  • The two men on our team were two of the most socially awkward people on earth.
  • My friend and I left after 2 rounds (there were 5) because we started to feel awkward ourselves.
  • We went to a different bar and met a group of dudes who were drunk and friendly.
from http://www.100fd.com/2012/10/okcupid-event-review.html

What one can takeaway from this...

If you've got game, this might be a great way to get some cheap drinks and easy lays!

Be careful man, this girl's review is from NYC. Having gamed both here in LA and in NYC, there is no comparison. That said, she was comparing the event itself to another venue within the same city, so there is some takeaway on this.

How do you get invited to one of these?

OKCupid Events

Don't go, the girls that take part in these events are the pickiest worst dates you could possibly imagine with profiles up over a year possibly more. You want a girl who just joined or even better just joined and recently moved to the city. The longer they have profiles and are invested in OKC the bigger they're heads are blown up with hundreds of messages they get. Lone wolf it, stack dates on the same night go for the new girls.

OKCupid Events

The event has officially been renamed 'RooshVForum Valentine's Meetup, West Hollywood Edition'

OKCupid Events

Quote: (01-29-2013 07:24 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

A little extra info for those who don't know...
It costs $5, it looks like there will be vodka cocktails and hors d'oeuvres served, and dj etc. But, it will be hosted at the Banana Republic (at least the ones in Santa Monica and WeHo).

It's $5 bro. Just go and take pics and post them here. Let's make a deal, if you go I will find one in DC and go and report back.

OKCupid Events

The event in chicago is unlocked. you can see the people attending on your left. Lots of girls with +1 and lots of guys by themselves. If a few of those +1 dont show expect a huge cockfest since you know all the guys will show up.

OKCupid Events

It's 99% likely that I will go. The worst that can happen is I get a cheap buzz in an area surrounded by decent bars. I'll post up a datasheet afterwards if anyone's interested in hearing about it. As for pics, we'll see... [Image: biggrin.gif]

Quote: (01-30-2013 09:05 AM)slubu Wrote:  

How do you get invited to one of these?

Check out http://www.okcupid.com/events/

OKCupid Events

[Image: attachment.jpg9750]   1 or 2 over 5, rest of em blah.