rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYC-Stanton Social Monday-Report

I was just at stanton social. I read on a website that the place was supposed to have significantly more women than men. Unfortunately it was like 80% guys. There were a few cute girls here and there but the place was a sea of men unfortunately. The place was very crowded which made it difficult to post up as well.

I guess that there are really no good Monday night spots in NYC where a regular guy can get in. I had high hopes for Stanton Social and the place was nice. But it was just a bad ratio.

I'd post this in an NYC thread, instead of starting a new one.

To reply, I use Stanton Social as a date and dinner spot rather than a pickup spot. I've never been late, late at night, but the majority of women who I've seen there are of the attention whoring type of the highest order.

That said, I love it for dates with girlfriends. Trendy, small portions, and not a hole in my wallet.

Yeah the upstairs bar section is a horrendous party of sausages. As a place to dine with a small group however, there are a ton of chicks downstairs...of the attention whoring type unfortunately.

Since portions are small and provocative tapas style, I think a good convo starter would be "what kind of plate is that?" It could work seeing how the tables are really packed in closely together to where you could easily tap some chick on the shoulder for a question without getting off your ass.

This place was the spot last summer. Secret is out. No surprises here.

Quote: (01-29-2013 09:57 AM)MaleDefined Wrote:  

I'd post this in an NYC thread, instead of starting a new one.

Good point, I should have done that.

Quote: (01-29-2013 11:08 AM)rationalize_this Wrote:  

This place was the spot last summer. Secret is out. No surprises here.

Dam. It is hard to find a decent weekday spot that lets normal guys in by themselves but are also filled with lots of attractive women.

There are some good things happening out in Brooklyn on Mondays. There's the dance party Vvynl that just started at Knitting Factory and Reverend Vince at Union Pool. Lot's of girls at both and they are within walking distance of each other. Also, I think there are some decent events around Manhattan, maybe at Dream Hotel or The Standard.

Dream hotel and Catch on Mondays.

Yes- Dream on Mondays is where it's at in NYC

Quote: (01-29-2013 01:08 PM)soup Wrote:  

Yes- Dream on Mondays is where it's at in NYC

I assume you mean the PHD? I'll give it a try on Monday. Do you guys know what time I have to show up by to ensure that they will let me in?

Some older friends visited from out of down and we had a couple of drinks at Whiskey Park. It was like 75% guys and not good for pickup. Most people were at tables and most of the hot women were with guys. Mostly guys at the bar and no good spots to post up. This probably would be a good date spot though.

I was there about 6 weeks ago on Monday night. It was about 80 percent women The place has potential during the week but way to crowded on weekends

Yes, stanton social dinner party is done, it used to be 1130 til 1am upstairs...

Good spots "consistently" on monday is catch & ave...

Phd is hipster/gay on mondays but its a fun time, also down in electric room