rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RDL vs Deadlift

RDL vs Deadlift

Whats your take on the Romanian Deadlift (RDL) and how does it compare to the regular one? It started doing the RDL and it feels pretty good...

RDL vs Deadlift

http://www.t-nation.com/article/most_rec...e_deadlift

RDL vs Deadlift

Romanian is for girls....When your lifts start going over 300+ you have to move to a barbell.

That goes for everything, chest, deadlift, shrugs, etc....

RDL vs Deadlift

Quote: (01-28-2013 09:58 PM)TheCaptainPower Wrote:  

Romanian is for girls....When your lifts start going over 300+ you have to move to a barbell.

That goes for everything, chest, deadlift, shrugs, etc....

What do you mean? RDL is done with a barbell.

RDL vs Deadlift

It's a great exercise for isolating the hams and lower back but if you have to choose one of the two then do the traditional dead as it allows for heavier weight and employs more muscle responses. I usually do light Rom Deads at the start of back day to stretch everything nicely before going for heavy deads.

RDL vs Deadlift

I prefer RDL because I cursed genetically with chickens hams.

RDL vs Deadlift

I always called deadlifts with dumbbells Romanian, and I called those in the video "stiff legged" deadlifts...lol

Those are actually really good, sometimes I would do them for a couple weeks when I got burnt out from regular dealifts, or when I was in a new gym that was really strict with noise from regular deads. Really good for the hamstrings...

RDL vs Deadlift

They are very helpful with glute and hamstring development. I try them as a supplement to regular deadlifts, as regular deadlifts should be a staple of any person's routine (injuries barring).

RDL vs Deadlift

If you don't feel that you are getting enough quad development from squats, then traditional deads are a great way to do that. Also, you're going to be able to pull more weight with traditional deads, which will spur more muscular development.

That being said, Romanian deads are the best way to hit the hamstrings in my opinion, and they are a great compliment to squats, which primarily hit the quads. Romanian deads / Squats will make sure the entire leg is being hit in the most efficient way.