rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Foreign Adoption Restrictions

Adoption is good thing for the abandoned kids. But the adoptive parents are usually SWPL broads (and their beta chumps) who were so busy with careers and cock festivals that they waited until their eggs turned rotten to slow down and find a man. Wanting a kid but with barren ovaries denying the possibility, they turn to adoption.

There are lots of hurdles for them to jump through before adopting a kid. Russia recently banned foreign adoption as a giant fuck you to 'Murka. Other countries have restrictive but eminently sensible policies in place too.

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/topi...on-2013-2/

China has the best policy.

Quote:Quote:

3. China
Disqualifies gay parents and people with severe facial deformation, blindness in either eye, and a BMI of 40 or more, according to the State Department. New bylaw allows single women to adopt special-needs children.

Not that I follow this issue that closely, but I understand that there is legislation on the way to ban, or severely curtail, foreign adoption of Southern African children. Welfare agencies in "third world" target countries are finally realising that the Psych profiles of many hopeful Western adoptive parents are not all that great nowadays. Usually sky-high on the Narcissism for a start. I think you are going to see many many countries worldwide follow the Russian example and ban or severely restrict foreign adoptions.

PS: I don't mean to disrespect people who are adopted, their parents, or people who have adopted children. Prior to the foreign adoption craze I think a lot of very commendable people adopted children. Certainly if a couple want to have children, and one is biologically unable to "do their part", a local in country adoption is an excellent path. But right now the Hollywood influence has lowered the bar substantially with respect to foreign adoptions.

What are the rules for adopting 18 year olds from Russia???

Quote: (01-28-2013 02:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

[Image: popcorn2.gif]

My understanding is that foreign adoption became so popular because it was more difficult to adopt American kids here in this country. The red-tape and process was exhausting, while it was actually less so to go abroad. Also, certain kids are more desirable than others (you know...blond, blue-eyed...), so there wasn't enough "supply" to meet "demand." Of course, it was even easier for people of means. Especially celebs - they can get a kid on demand from pretty much anywhere.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (01-28-2013 02:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Conforming to incest laws

Quote: (01-27-2013 11:12 PM)Bacchus Wrote:  

Russia recently banned foreign adoption as a giant fuck you to 'Murka.

Russia's population is falling. It does not make any sense for Russia to export their most precious assets: their own people. Putin has already given tax incentives for women who have more than 3 kids, for example.

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken

Quote: (01-28-2013 02:17 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

My understanding is that foreign adoption became so popular because it was more difficult to adopt American kids here in this country. The red-tape and process was exhausting, while it was actually less so to go abroad. Also, certain kids are more desirable than others (you know...blond, blue-eyed...), so there wasn't enough "supply" to meet "demand." Of course, it was even easier for people of means. Especially celebs - they can get a kid on demand from pretty much anywhere.

Sometimes there are good reasons for things to be difficult. While you can't really stop people just having children you can regulate who gets to adopt a child.

To be honest a potential adoptive parent from a Western country should have to go through the same vetting process for a foreign adoption as they would for a local one.

I hear what you are saying about the "availability" of kids for adoption in developed countries. The most honest and "deserving" couples for adoption in my opinion are those where the woman is of reproductive age, wants children, but cannot have children herself. This kind of couple should go to the top of the list. If it is the man who is infertile there's always sperm banks, or other advanced procedures that can get viable sperm where, before, there was no hope.

What see in today's world is "single mothers by choice", single women who were once fertile but squandered their opportunity to have children and all manner of gay/lesbian/trans/cis/dis/lis and everything else who have the biological ability to be parents, but do not want to for there own personal lifestyle reasons. In my opinion this class should go to the bottom of the list for in-country adoptions, and are also very rarely suitable candidates for foreign adoptions. This may come as a shock to many, but most "Third world" populations, and government officials, are conservative by Western standards. Single women, or homosexuals adopting children will definitely not be OK.

Quote: (01-28-2013 02:27 PM)Icarus Wrote:  

Russia's population is falling. It does not make any sense for Russia to export their most precious assets: their own people. Putin has already given tax incentives for women who have more than 3 kids, for example.

Agreed that it makes sense for Russia to do it, but the Russian bill banning adoption is an obvious response to an American bill.

Quote: (01-28-2013 02:49 PM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

Quote: (01-28-2013 02:17 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Sometimes there are good reasons for things to be difficult. While you can't really stop people just having children you can regulate who gets to adopt a child.

To be honest a potential adoptive parent from a Western country should have to go through the same vetting process for a foreign adoption as they would for a local one.

I hear what you are saying about the "availability" of kids for adoption in developed countries. The most honest and "deserving" couples for adoption in my opinion are those where the woman is of reproductive age, wants children, but cannot have children herself. This kind of couple should go to the top of the list. If it is the man who is infertile there's always sperm banks, or other advanced procedures that can get viable sperm where, before, there was no hope.

What see in today's world is "single mothers by choice", single women who were once fertile but squandered their opportunity to have children and all manner of gay/lesbian/trans/cis/dis/lis and everything else who have the biological ability to be parents, but do not want to for there own personal lifestyle reasons. In my opinion this class should go to the bottom of the list for in-country adoptions, and are also very rarely suitable candidates for foreign adoptions. This may come as a shock to many, but most "Third world" populations, and government officials, are conservative by Western standards. Single women, or homosexuals adopting children will definitely not be OK.

Nothing in my post disagrees with this. I agree that it should be a stringent process by which you hand the life of a human being over to another. However, for those with means, foreign adoption had fewer hurdles for whatever reasons. I think the trend of American couples adopting Asian children took off for that reason. You raise an interesting point however - I'm curious as to who seeks the majority of adoptions now. Is it couples where one is infertile, and perhaps can't afford the expensive fertility treatments/procedures, or the treatments failed? Is it couples and/or single women that are past childbearing age, but still want to raise a child? Is it single women that don't want to have children naturally, but want a kid? What percentage of those seeking adoption are gay couples? I'm curious as to the breakdown on this. There's also the argument that a child is better with anyone that can provide them a loving home, as opposed to being state-raised.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."