rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Buying a girl a drink

Buying a girl a drink

Last night I was at a college bar (I'm still in college), and struck out. As I was leaving I struck up a conversation with a girl about game (a girl I had previously approached), and she told me my methodology was flawed (I went up and asked her if she was from Italy since there were a lot of foreign students from Italy at the bar last night). She told me I should have asked her if she wanted a drink. Isn't that counter to "game" however? Believe me, I would have bought her all the five dollar drinks she wanted if it would have let me take her home.

Buying a girl a drink

Personally, I have never bought into the whole "never buy girls drinks" thing.

You just have to do it the "right" way.

Buying a girl a drink

What's the right way? After you get to know her?

Buying a girl a drink

I agree with G to a certain extent. I don't agree with that girl though. I would never walk up to a girl and ask her if I could buy her a drink. Do you have any idea how many girls go out to the clubs basically only to have guys buy them drinks? My bestfriends sister used to go out with a friend of hers and they would have a competition see how many different guys they could get to buy them drinks for the night. How many of those guys do you think they banged? I'll tell you right now, not very many. But, I would buy a girl a drink if have been talking for an hour or two and things seemed like they were going well, and I was into her. But I don't just buy drinks for girls I just want to fuck that night and think I will never see again.

Buying a girl a drink

If the girl has invested some time in you there and you want to "treat" her to one, it's cool. You just don't buy a girl a drink in an approval-seeking way like you're trying to impress her. Just be casual about it. If you danced a bit on the dance floor you can be like, "Hey, I'm going to go get a drink, come with me...what would you like?" Let's be real here, a girl with a few drinks in her is going to to be way more likely to hook up with you than a sober girl with her guard and bitch shield up. So if she's invested some time in you there that night, get some drank in her whether she's paying for it or you are, just get some alcohol swirling around in her head regardless.

Buying a girl a drink

I'm pretty against buying girls drinks, but if you bounce her to another bar with you and away from her friends, then it's okay.

Obviously, she has to have invested some time talking to you in order to bounce with you someplace else.

Buying a girl a drink

Quote: (05-08-2010 02:26 PM)Carne Wrote:  

Isn't that counter to "game" however? Believe me, I would have bought her all the five dollar drinks she wanted if it would have let me take her home.

Yes, this is counter to Game. But Game was designed mostly by guys. Some girls don't respond to "Textbook Game". Some girls are more simple, old fashioned, and not really into the push/pull games. You should have sensed that and approached her accordingly.

Part of Game is being able to "read" the target, and adjust your approach to her.

Instead of trying to outsmart the girl with some bullshit "psychology". Just treat her they way she wants to be treated. Sounds like that girl was into you and trying to "help" you. You should have bought her a drink after she suggested it.

Like "G" said. Its all "how" you do it. Theres a "needy" way to do it. And an alpha way to do it.

Buying a girl a drink

Quote: (05-08-2010 07:33 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (05-08-2010 02:26 PM)Carne Wrote:  

Isn't that counter to "game" however? Believe me, I would have bought her all the five dollar drinks she wanted if it would have let me take her home.

Yes, this is counter to Game. But Game was designed mostly by guys. Some girls don't respond to "Textbook Game". Some girls are more simple, old fashioned, and not really into the push/pull games. You should have sensed that approached her accordingly.

Part of Game is being able to "read" the target, and decide how to approach her.

Instead of trying to outsmart the girl with some bullshit "psychology". Just treat her they way she wants to be treated. Sounds like that girl was into you and trying to "help" you. You should have bought her a drink after she suggested it.

Like "G" said. Its all "how" you do it. Theres a "needy" way to do it. And an alpha way to do it.

This is true. I am constantly switching my game up depending on the way I'm reading the girl. Nationality plays a factor as well.

Buying a girl a drink

I rarely pay attention to what a girl says she wants. I learned most of my game by paying attention to how she responds in action/emotion to what I say/do. I keep what generally works and throw out what generally does not work. A lot of what comes out of a girl's mouth is not going to help you in the pickup, unless you are already deep into it.

Do you really think she would have fucked you if you bought her a drink? It's only 5 or 10 bucks, but I'd rather keep that money and spend it on myself/invest it than spend it in a bar.

Buying a girl a drink

Do it by "feel."

Do you feel like you want to buy her a drink? Are you feeling good and want to buy her a drink because you want to invite her to a drink, as you would to a friend? This is how I think about it.

Also, don't listen to what girls say. They don't know what they're talking about [Image: wink.gif]

Buying a girl a drink

"You just don't buy a girl a drink in an approval-seeking way like you're trying to impress her. Just be casual about it. "

Thank you.

Buying a girl a drink

Keep the drinks flowing. Especially, if you have a girl you think you can bang.

You just gotta be easy about it. There's all kinds of better things to have strong principals about than buying girls drinks.

Buy hard shots that will knock her around. It's the best way to clear up girl's attitudes.

Use the drinks as collateral in the morning and get them to buy you breakfast. Plus, most girls go to bars with 20 dollars and a debit/credit card. At busier spots those cards can slow things down and blow your rhythm. Let her use her card in the morning.

Aloha!

Buying a girl a drink

Quote: (05-09-2010 06:13 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Use the drinks as collateral in the morning and get them to buy you breakfast. Plus, most girls go to bars with 20 dollars and a debit/credit card. At busier spots those cards can slow things down and blow your rhythm. Let her use her card in the morning.

Aloha!

That's ok. I'll buy her pancakes in the morning as well if she fucks me...

Buying a girl a drink

Kona,

"Plus, most girls go to bars with 20 dollars and a debit/credit card. At busier spots those cards can slow things down and blow your rhythm."

The truth.

Honestly, I have never really understood the whole "I never/hate to buy girls drinks".

Are people just real cheap?

News just in: A drunker girl is easier to swoop.

Do people go out to bars to swoop girls, or do they go there to save money?

Buying a girl a drink

Quote: (05-09-2010 11:33 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Honestly, I have never really understood the whole "I never/hate to buy girls drinks".

Usually it's because they're broke.

The guy who has the most to say about why he doesn't buy drinks for girls is usually just trying to hide the fact that he can't afford it.

Aloha!

Buying a girl a drink

Yeah I agree. In the clubs and bars I always see the players buying drinks for girls sharing champagne buckets etc. I know Roosh advocates not buying drinks, but I guess that's because he's poor.

Buying a girl a drink

Quote: (05-09-2010 07:24 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Quote: (05-09-2010 11:33 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Usually it's because they're broke.

The guy who has the most to say about why he doesn't buy drinks for girls is usually just trying to hide the fact that he can't afford it.

Aloha!

I'll straight up admit I can't afford it. Or more I can afford it, but not if I want to do other cool stuff like travel. I try to save as much money as I can while still having a good time at home. I don't think there has ever been a time that not buying a girl a drink kept me from getting laid.

Buying a girl a drink

It costs like 5 dollars!!

Buying a girl a drink

Quote: (05-09-2010 08:30 PM)Carne Wrote:  

far more than that in a major city.

anyway, just do what you want.

if you want a buy a girl a drink, do it.

if not, not.

Buying a girl a drink

Quote: (05-09-2010 08:30 PM)Carne Wrote:  

$10 where I live minimum including tip, some places more. If I buy a girl 3 drinks a week, I would spend $120 a month. That's $1400 a year, which is a round trip ticket to Brazil and probably a month in a hostel. Like I said, I can't think of 1 single time where buying or not buying a drink would or would not have gotten me laid.

Buying a girl a drink

I can't afford it and I hate unnecessary expenses... so I never did it. Way before I heard about game or Roosh, I've never done it.

Buying a girl a drink

Ok, it costs like 10 dollars!!!

Buying a girl a drink

Do you not believe in taking different girls out to dinner on different nights as well?

Buying a girl a drink

Buying the drinks makes it a lot easier for you to control more of the things that make swooping possible.

Here's what I'm going to do right now:

I'm going to head over to The Polo Stadium, solo.

Once I check things for a minute, I'll identify the best looking girl giving off the "I'm available" vibe. My opener will be "Come here, I want to buy you a drink."

Maybe I'll spend $40. On top of swooping the girl, I'm going to enjoy a few cocktails and talk up some nice folks. Maybe I'll buy them a few.

After I have sex with this girl, I'll report back right here later tonight.

Aloha!

Buying a girl a drink

The only time I definitely won't buy her a drink is when she asks me to buy her a drink after very little conversation with her, unless I'm getting a heavy 'fuck-me vibe'.

When she asks for a drink like this, I feel that I'm generally right to assume that she's trying to milk guys for drinks. When this is the case, her emotional deflation, at my rejection of her request, is nice to see. What can i say, I truly love women, but I also get a little pleasure out of not giving into, or otherwise punishing, usurious / bad behavior. But its a case by case basis. If I'm connecting with a girl, then buying a drink or three is my pleasure.

Otherwise, like others have said, keep it cool and flowing. But, usually, unless I'm dealing with a very traditional / foreign girl, or unless I'm sure that I'm getting laid, I expect her to offer to cover at least 1-2 rounds as a gesture of good intentions or character. But again, a case by case basis.