rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Whats the right time of year to go to Eastern Europe?

I was thinking of going in July/August but I think many of the youth will be vacationing and nightlife and gaming opportunities will be dead. Also tourist will be all over in July/Aug. Is this true?

The winter is obviously too cold. So that leaves May/June and maybe September as the only good times to go. Is this right?

Somebody give me a run down. I know we have a couple EE experts here.
Thanks.

True, cities will be dead and invaded by tourists. We've covered this in other threads.

Most locals will be a the beach, the mountains or backpacking.

Right now is the best time for EE. September-October is also good, and even maybe november if the weather is good (last year it was nice until early december in the balkans).

For summer, the best option is to join them at the beaches, that's where the parties are at. Or stick to summer festivals if that's your type of thing and dont mind not showering for a few days: sziget (hungary), exit fest (serbia) and kazantip (ukraine) are just a few.

In july/august, I more often get "oh another backpacker tourist" vibe from girls, even when Im not.

Summer is probably the most enjoyable time to visit, but as the other poster said, the whole region is invaded by tourists. I enjoy EE winters, but they're not for everyone. Winters in places like CZ, HU, SK aren't actually that bad...they're similar to what you'll get in Germany. Any farther east or north and you're looking at seriously -C temperatures. Spring is a pleasant time but it can be a mixed bag; it snowed in Tallinn yesterday and it has been raining across the Baltics all week, but last week was nothing but sunshine.

I would only say spring-fall...If I would do it for 6 months or something, I'd get there in March and leave around Oct.

My friend who owns some art galleries confirms that the baltic states and elsewhere in eastern europe become flooded with foreign cockfest in the summertime.

I suggest you go and hit up second tier college cities that are less likely to be swarmed by legions of Italians, Turks, and Greeks.

I went to the Baltics and Helsinki for Christmas Vacation and I've never been more freezing ass cold in my life. At the same time, I was basically the only foreigner there and had no competition. So, depends on your priorities.

I am going in September. From what I gather, that is the move.

Yeah what youngmobileglobal said. Just hang out in a non-touristy city for a month or two and ride it out.

Quote: (05-05-2010 12:13 PM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

My friend who owns some art galleries confirms that the baltic states and elsewhere in eastern europe become flooded with foreign cockfest in the summertime.

I suggest you go and hit up second tier college cities that are less likely to be swarmed by legions of Italians, Turks, and Greeks.

I went to the Baltics and Helsinki for Christmas Vacation and I've never been more freezing ass cold in my life. At the same time, I was basically the only foreigner there and had no competition. So, depends on your priorities.

Of greater concern than Southern European scumbags (but don't get me wrong, they're a problem) in the Baltics are the Brits and the Finns. You've never seen a more obnoxious drunk than a Finn. These guys take the ferry to Tallinn and treat it like an open-air strip club.

The funny thing about the Baltics is that none of the natives stick around during the summer; at least not in the capitals. If they're not leaving the country altogether on some grand trip throughout Europe, then they're in the coastal beach towns -- the ones foreigners are unlikely to know about. So the Southern Euro trash shows up to Riga and Vilnius in the summer ready to get drunk and scream at women in the streets and encounters...more Southern Euro trash.

This is all true. However, I wouldn't say the majority of people leave for the beaches or on vacation for the entire summer.

In fact, most working people are.....working.....because they don't get THAT much vacation time in EE.

What does happen is that 1. Students are home with their parents elsewhere in the country, working abroad for the summer, or traveling 2. People who work take advantage of the good weather to get out of the city on the weekends 3. Women get tired of getting hit on by Italians/Southern Euros/Brits and other assorted male tourists and stop going out to bars/clubs

On the positive, if you already happen to know girls in EE and have a friends network you can tap, the summer weather gets them open loose and ready for sex at the drop of a dime.

I always go to EE in the depths of winter! It's fucking cold alright! (-25c) in Minsk when I there in Feb. That said, it's a GREAT time of year to meet girls! It comes back to supply and demand!
There are ZERO supply in winter but demand for the foreign man remains!
Students migrate to population centres away from home. Th winter blues sets in.

It's snowing; no chick wants to go out and freeze her ass off! .
So they curl up to their little laptop computers and browse around.
Then one bleak, miserable day she gets a message..

Some exotic stranger is coming to town offering to meet up for a drink...
She can take it or leave it... She gets curious, and thinks "Hum...why the hell not, at least I can practice my English." The honey trap is set.
[Image: pimp.gif]

Quote: (05-06-2010 10:20 PM)naughtynomad Wrote:  

I always go to EE in the depths of winter! It's fucking cold alright! (-25c) in Minsk when I there in Feb. That said, it's a GREAT time of year to meet girls! It comes back to supply and demand!
There are ZERO supply in winter but demand for the foreign man remains!
Students migrate to population centres away from home. Th winter blues sets in.

It's snowing; no chick wants to go out and freeze her ass off! .
So they curl up to their little laptop computers and browse around.
Then one bleak, miserable day she gets a message..

Some exotic stranger is coming to town offering to meet up for a drink...
She can take it or leave it... She gets curious, and thinks "Hum...why the hell not, at least I can practice my English." The honey trap is set.
[Image: pimp.gif]

Haha naughtynomad is consistently useful and hilarious.

Repped.

True, this is why I did my winter baltics trip. I felt like a rockstar.

I was going to hit Sweden/Estonia/Latvia/Ukraine/Russia in July-September, but now I'm thinking about holding off until September for the reasons listed in this thread.

lavinci, excellent rundown. Thanks!

Thanks for this very informative run down lavinci!

Cheers.

lavinc, excellent post. I'll add some more info. Please note that while I traveled through most EE countries, I spent majority of my time in Romania, Belarus, Ukraine and Russia so this is more relevant to those.

--- CLOTHING
As soon as you get out of the airplane, you'll see that girls around generally wear very nice clothes. They are sheer, tight-fitting and expensive. A typical EE girl can easily spend half of her bugdet on clothes alone, and will walk around in 1000 EUR worth of clothes and shoes, which may be her few months salary. Unlike American chicks, EE girls always favor better-looking (but less comfortable) clothes and shoes. If you see there a lady wearing baggy pants and flip-flops, she is usually a tourist, typically from USA. Stockings, high heels and short skirts are very common, even if it is hot.

There are two important things to remember about clothes there:

- If a girl wears very revealing or even "slutty" (by prudish U.S. standards) clothes it means NOTHING there. It does not mean she is out to get fucked, and it does not mean she would be an easy target. Ignore the clothes when you choose the girl to approach, she wears that every day so her mood is not different because of them.

- Clothes can do miracles in hiding body flaws, and the EE girls mastered it. Pushups, girdles, and corrective hosiery (which moves the fat from thighs to butt) are common and widely used. This may be one of the reasons why a girl feels insecure going to bed with you as she is not sure if you still like her after she is naked (turning the light off usually helps). This may also seriously disappoint YOU as what you get may be different (worse) from what you saw/imagined. Learn to look behind clothes. With little experience and a few touches it is easy to find out if a girl wears a push-up or a girdle.

--- BOOBS AND LEGS

Typically vast majority of EE girls are slim, which means small boobs. B cup is common, and boobjobs are rare, probably because the majority of the girls cannot afford it. If you're looking for slim ladies with DD cups, you gonna be disappointed. They are there, it is just there are only few of them. So if you're into boobs, this is likely not your best place.

However if you're into legs, this is the place to be. Walking in high heels shapes the legs in a good way, so you'll see a lot of beautiful nice legs around. Girls there like to show off their legs, and you won't be disappointed.

-- MAKEUP

Every girl there wears makeup when she leaves the home. Some of them spend up to an hour to put it on. As with clothes, makeup can do miracles to hide skin flaws, and since makeup usually comes off during or even before sex, you may find yourself having sex with someone as ugly as a typical American chick (this would be extreme, I admit, but you got the idea).

There are two things to watch out about makeup:

- Possible allergies. If you ever been allergic to anything, you may find yourself allergic to the makeup she is wearing. The chance is higher if the girl is young/poor as she would wear a cheap, lower quality makeup. For those infamiliar with, makeup does not only include lipstick, it also includes (face) powder and rouge. Therefore you may get skin reaction just by going cheek to cheek with her, which happens often on a dance floor or in loud club.

- Stains. Her lipstick on your $250 white silk shirt will very likely mean a shirt thrown away. Glossy rogue is very difficult to remove from suits. People there know the clothes value, and will not intentionally stain yours, but things do happen. Watch out.

--- SMOKING

Unfortunately a lot of young EE girls smoke. This may be an issue if you do not smoke AND do not tolerate tobacco. In this case you will have to avoid all clubs and bars as the smoking is generally allowed in most of them. Even if there is a law prohibiting smoking in bars, it is typically ignored. However you can use it to your advantage if you carry good exotic cigarettes (you don't have to smoke) as it would give you an opportunity to easily remove a girl from the floor or from her group with "wanna try those? let's go out". If she wants to bring others too, politely explain that you do not want to share with everyone.

Also if you brought expensive cigars from your country, it may be a good legit reason for a girl to accept your invitation into your hotel room "to have a nice cigar and Scotch". It is huge, because it is extremely hard to get an EE girl into your hotel room, much harder than to get her in your home. But once it is done, it is like you just removed the pants from an US chick - you'll have sex unless you really screw it up by being too pushy.

--- DANCING

Vast majority of EE guys cannot dance, and look really awkward on a dance floor, preferring to hold the wall and consuming beer instead. Being a good dancer there is a big plus which alone will bring the girls approaching you. They also play a lot of slow music which you are expected to dance with a girl together in a pair, similar to waltz they perform on US weddings in movies. If you go for this kind of dance, make sure you practiced before, as it is very easy to look awkward by walking over her feet or even trip over.
If you cannot do slow dances, don't do them - just tell the girls that you do not like them 'cause they're gay. She won't ask. However if you practiced before and sure you can do it, go for it as this is the best and fastest way to go for a kiss. Just don't be too pushy.

-- BEING AMERICAN

In my opinion acknowledging too early you're an American does more bad than good. The political situation changes every day, and the last thing you want is to explain why your government does such and such shitty things, and why you guys elected such an idiot as GWB on the second term. If you only speak English, I suggest you say you're Canadian (but not from Quebek as she may speak French). But if you speak Spanish, you can pick up any place in South America and both get the benefit of being "exotic" and avoid association with some stupid actions of your government as pretty much nobody in Europe gives shit what governments of Mexico or Peru do. Do not pretend you're from UK as Europeans likely met Britons before, and their English is different enough to reveal you're not. Do not also pretend you're from another European country if you do not speak the language, as even if the girl herself does not speak the language, she may have a friend in her group who does.

lavinci & oldnemisis, awesome info guys. Keep it coming!

I lived in various countries of Eastern Europe for over 25 years, starting with Soviet Union. Even now I still spend there around two months a year, mostly in Romania and Russia.

Quote:Quote:

This speaking about the way Slavic women dress has got me reminiscing. I took that for granted when I was living back home. After living a while in US, sometimes I think I'm not only living in a different country, but on a different planet. It's sad how very average looking girls are perceived as "babes", and how 15-25 lbs overweight in curves is considered a good norm.

Wow, I thought that's only me.
The way I see it, in EE like 50% of ladies I'd consider any time, 30% I'd consider if I drink a little (or a lot), and only 20% are so ugly/too old/too young that I wouldn't have sex with them even if my life depends on it.
In USA my perception so far is that 90% of ladies I wouldn't have sex with even if my life depends on it, and the remaining 10% I might have sex with if I'm drunk. Considering that, the amount of effort I see guys spending here trying to bang quite an ugly chick looks incredibly amazing (and amusing) to me. It is like people lining up and paying $10,000 for a regular KFC meal.

There is a bright side though. If you end up talking to a chick, there is no need to fake that you're not impressed with her appearance, because you are really not. And of course you're not going to do anything to impress her because she's ugly as hell by your standards. And you can get away with things like "Sorry, but if my friends from Russia see a picture of us together, I would have to commit seppuku" because you're a foreigner.

Quote:Quote:

You know what's really sad? That after living here my girl standards have actually dropped so much that sometimes I can't help but think how downhill I have went. I would be ashamed to show the "hot" girls I've hooked up here to my friends from home.

Happened to me once when I didn't travel for a year or so. This is something a refreshing two-weeks trip to EE cures in two days, and once you're back, you'll be good for six months or so. Hanging with local EE girls also helps a lot.

Quote: (06-04-2010 03:58 PM)oldnemesis Wrote:  

It is like people lining up and paying $10,000 for a regular KFC meal.

Hilarious!!!
I think that if the average American man traveled as much as say Israeli's (they all travel for like 6 months or more, at the age of 21, after they serve in the army for 3 years), Then 50% of American men would marry foreign women.

That would create impossible competition for American women, and I can image they would lobby to restrict travel or something. So maybe its a good thing that Americans dont travel. lol.