rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A good skin care routine for your face?

Hi all,

I haven't the best facial skin. I've had a lot of sun damage over the years but always use strong sun lotion these days. I also have mild rosacea, though it will likely worsen with age unfortunately.

I've always moisturised after a shower - general a splash of any old moisturizer, from Oil of Olay to some sun lotion. Whatever is going.

I have fairly dry skin in the face.

I'm thinking it's time get a proper face care routine going as I am going into the other side of 25, for the long term benefit that is.

Anyone any tips?

I'm looking at:

http://www.mankind.co.uk/men-u-healthy-f...60187.html

http://www.mankind.co.uk/men-u-facial-mo...95994.html

Also, should I get an eye cream or a night cream also?

Cheers

How much water are you drinking per day?
How much red meat are you eating?
Are you eating a lot of dairy products or bread?
Do you shave? What is your routine if so?

Your skin shows signs of internal problems. I wouldn't bother buying those products or any labelled products to be honest. They're more short term solutions that often don't work.

If you're that bothered, get to a doctor who can recommend you to a dermatology clinic and get some tablets.

Also interested, how often to wash, with what, and what other things to apply daily, if any.

Quote: (01-19-2013 10:07 PM)Jbk Wrote:  

Hi all,
I haven't the best facial skin. I've had a lot of sun damage over the years but always use strong sun lotion these days. I also have mild rosacea, though it will likely worsen with age unfortunately.

That describes my skin perfectly too. Too many holidays in the sun without using sun cream on my face and now little red spider veins on my cheeks and sun damage etc. Have you looked into 'Fraxel' lasers? It's not cheap but it will get rid a lot of sun damage and spider veins etc. The results seem to speak for themselves. It's something I'll get done when I hit my 40's in a couple of years,freshen my face up.

Don't sweat it buddy, Get 3 or 4 laser facials and you will look like new, I think you can basically have young skin until you are 50 if you use these. Hence Brad Pitt, Johny Depp, Tom Cruise etc into there 50's with youngish skin and no ageing really until after 40.

Also don't worry too much as you can get the laser facial in a few years and the results will be the same. In the meantime, just wash your face in the morning and night with hot water, then cold and apply moisturiser, dove, olay will all be relatively equal, in the day make sure you wear something with SPF and SPA and you will stay looking young for years.

The message is don't let the skin bother you, there is an easy solution, you will notice when you stop caring you do just as well with the ladies anyway I think.

PS don't buy into any of the expensive creams, they all do effectively the same thing, if you want to spend money spend it on laser facials etc- also drink plenty water each day and take a multi vitamin

Thanks for the useful replies all.

I think I'll just use a standard dove wash and moisturising cream then. Ultimately, it's just to rehydrate anyways.

My diet is decent and I drink lots of fluids.

Think I might get some pills to calm the Rosacea soon though.

I use just regular coconut oil from the grocery store mostly for my face but you can use it for your whole body as a lotion and it doesnt have any of the harsh chemicals that lotions do. When you take a shower the soap washes away all the natural oil on your body so it makes sense to replace it with another oil of some sort and coconut oil absorbs pretty quickly into your skin so it doesnt get all over your clothes

dumb question but how does diet affect your skin? is milk and red meats bad for the skin?

Theres a thread about this with 90 posts if you scroll down.

You must be trolling you're other post was about your youthful looks.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Eat plenty of nuts like almonds and walnuts. As others have said, you don't need to buy the $100 face creams. Those are backed by dubious "science" and aimed at women who will believe anything. Sunscreen is key. A good, inexpensive face wash is Cetaphil.

change your diet, see if that helps, id recommend a paleo/low carb approach with low ammounts of sugar and plenty of vegetables and good fats. take vitiamin 2 supplements at least 1 gram a day.

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Go back to mother nature,

Just put some coconut oil on your face every now and then.

boredom is evil

This forum gave me the best solution.

I make a seaweed, cucumber, coarse sea salt and glycerine facial scrub

Then a 50:50 ACV/Water toner

Then coconut oil moisturiser.

Recently, with my skin all looking well looked after, got comments at the bar I look in my 20's, I'm 38.

Quote: (01-22-2013 12:11 AM)T and A Man Wrote:  

This forum gave me the best solution.

I make a seaweed, cucumber, coarse sea salt and glycerine facial scrub

Then a 50:50 ACV/Water toner

Then coconut oil moisturiser.

Recently, with my skin all looking well looked after, got comments at the bar I look in my 20's, I'm 38.

+1 for the coconut oil moisturizer.

Does the ACV burn at all? or is a 50/50 mix pretty mild? I know without watering down ACV its pretty strong but good stuff

The 50/50 ACV doesn't burn my skin in the slightest

Still a big proponent of tea tree oil. I thought all else had failed and I was ready to make a trip to the dermatologist. Do some research both on the forum and the www and give it a try

You might try taking supplemental biotin (vitamin B7), it increases sebum production pretty dramatically.

For more extreme moisturizing, you could try using pure jojoba oil on your face at night, before you go to bed.
Very closely mimics the molecular structure of sebum, and has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial properties.
You wouldn't want to use it in the morning or during the day, because it makes your face super shiny.

Dont have kids.

All my friends my age that did had kids look at least 10 years older than me.

Quote: (01-23-2013 12:18 AM)T and A Man Wrote:  

The 50/50 ACV doesn't burn my skin in the slightest

I never thought of using avc on my face, thanks for the tip bro.

anyone used cocoa butter on their face?

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (01-23-2013 08:08 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

anyone used cocoa butter on their face?

Cocoa butter can be a bit thick and greasy on the face, it's great for the body though.I always use it on my upper arms and elbows.

Get this, this, and this:
[Image: 3700194719159_8ozBottle_FacialFuelEnergi...288&sh=320]
[Image: kiehls-facial-fuel-transformer.jpg]
[Image: img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=57040150]

Use twice daily and drink shit loads of water. Problem solved.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Use a good all natural facial wash, wash your face every day, especially wash it after you've been working out, sweating a lot, or have an "oily face".

Splash on "facial toner" after your shower.

Use all natural facial moisturizer, the best ones will have ingredients such as Vitamin A, C, E, hyaluronic acid, COQ10....

Eat a healthy balanced diet, making sure you eat enough fresh fruits and vegetables.

Cut back on carbs, sugars, and junk food (fast food, candy, potato chips, etc.)

Take multi-vitamins and anti-oxidant supplements

Use sunscreen when exposed to periods of 30 + mins of direct sun, especially if you are fair skinned.

Be concious about your shaving regimen, use a high quality blade, and change the blade frequently, splash facial toner on after shaving.

Get a good nights' sleep

Make sure to change your bed sheets and pillow cases every 2 weeks

Try to make a concious effort not to touch your face, your hands = germs, germs = pimples and breakouts.