rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Being 25 to 30 years old

Being 25 to 30 years old

Hi all,

I'm six weeks away from turning 26.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I look about 20 according to, well, everyone. It almost seems like I lose value when I say I'm 25 because I just don't look it.
That said, I have travelled the world, have a mastes degree, own my own biz that makes me double most of my friends.

Looks are important though.

More and more, I am seeing engagement/marriage/babies updates on FB from my peers. Still a smallish percentage.

I just love things exactly how they are. I don't as many girls as I should/could but get a few and have a great, exciting, stress free life living all over the world.

I love girls that are 20-23.

Basically, can I expect to continue to attain these girls as I get late 20s?

For those in late 20s or done it already, any thoughts on this period in your life?

How can we add longevity to our youthfulness? E.g. Live in the bigger cities where there are more 20s, 30s etc singletons

Just reflecting. Would love to hear other people's thoughts on this period in there life

Being 25 to 30 years old

Calm down lad, you've got years and years of banging 20 year olds left.

Being 25 to 30 years old

I'm only 28, youve got no problems lad, our lad jimmy is 35 and he's got 3 21 year old girlfriends

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Being 25 to 30 years old

Haha glad to hear!

P.s are you both scousers by any chance?

Being 25 to 30 years old

I felt old two years ago. Then I was 22.

This forum has made me feel young <3

And that is REALITY.

It is all about perception and what you look for.

I expected to still have a good time in the clubs as a 23year old with a master degree. It didn't work.

Being 25 to 30 years old

Quote: (01-18-2013 08:07 PM)Jbk Wrote:  

Hi all,

I'm six weeks away from turning 26.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I look about 20 according to, well, everyone. It almost seems like I lose value when I say I'm 25 because I just don't look it.
That said, I have travelled the world, have a mastes degree, own my own biz that makes me double most of my friends.

Looks are important though.

More and more, I am seeing engagement/marriage/babies updates on FB from my peers. Still a smallish percentage.

I just love things exactly how they are. I don't as many girls as I should/could but get a few and have a great, exciting, stress free life living all over the world.

I love girls that are 20-23.

Basically, can I expect to continue to attain these girls as I get late 20s?

For those in late 20s or done it already, any thoughts on this period in your life?

How can we add longevity to our youthfulness? E.g. Live in the bigger cities where there are more 20s, 30s etc singletons

Just reflecting. Would love to hear other people's thoughts on this period in there life

This is like being 6'4 and worrying about your height.

Being 25 to 30 years old

Just say you're younger if you're uncomfortable not looking your age. I've been 21 for a few years now.

Being 25 to 30 years old

Quote: (01-18-2013 08:56 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

This is like being 6'4 and worrying about your height.

I'm 6'4" and I worry about my height all the time. Short folks don't understand how us talls have to be constantly worried about banging our heads on shit or fitting into small cars or stepping into a hotel shower and having it basically be a glorified chestwash.

Women seem to be OK with it though. [Image: banana.gif]

Being 25 to 30 years old

I find it STRANGE that someone who has travelled the world is asking this question... DUDE OPEN YOUR EYES! Maybe by travel the Worldyou mean travelled western Europe in which case I could understand the question being possibly an issue even then it shouldn't be. Guys can continue to date pretty looking woman 18-25 until 50+ if they take care of themselves..Although 50+ would be tough in the West you will frequently see it 2nd and 3rd world countries. I have friends who are in their 60's and have legitimately attractive 20 something year old girlfriends who are not hookers. 25-30? Maybe change the question to 65-70!

Being 25 to 30 years old

26 years is not old at all, it seems like you are having some sort of mid life crisis, just enjoy your life and be happy. Trust me, girls between 18-23, will not care if you are 26.

Being 25 to 30 years old

Start using some moisturizing cream formulated specifically for the area around your eyes. Start now, and thank me when you turn 30.

Being 25 to 30 years old

Ha, I wish I was in your boat.

I turn 30 this year.

I spent a lot of my teens and twenties working out, debating a lot, reading a lot, writing a lot,studying hard, partying, clubbing, and hanging out with friends. I managed to go to Jamaica, Canada, and Brazil. I banged a few chicks, befriended many: guys and women, liberals and conservatives, white supremacists and black panthers, communists and capitalists, puppies and kittens. etc. Made the transition from social outcast nerd (most of my teens early twenties) to "the life of the party" as one girl described me (mid/late twenties).

I also made a lot of mistakes (dropping out of high school, getting arrested a bunch of times, getting into a lot of fights, throwing up in front of cop cars-hood rat shit).

I think I maximized my twenties the best I could given my emotional, economical, and psychological limitations at the time.

The only thing I regret is not dating enough. I simply didn't make time for it. Too busy chasing my passions, my intellect, my grades, my activism, my friends/social circle.

In regards to girls:

I managed to bang a few girls and messed around a lot when I went through some pick up phases in my life (a brief stint in my early 20s, my junior and senior year of college). I maxed out to the point where I was throwing away numbers. At my peak I remember having one fuck buddy passed out in my bed while I went down stairs to meet another one who was sitting in her car waiting for me in the parking lot, the girl that inspired random women and men in the bar to tell me how beautiful she was. Just all kinds of fine.

But alas, it was not enough to satisfy my large appetite. I need more.

I made enough mistakes to not expect a long learning curve in regards to having success with women again. If there is anything that stands in my way it is heavy amounts of fear, lack of confidence, and being ashamed to be sexual. My problem is psychological not tactical, but it took me 29 years on this earth, and lots of fucking up, in order to discover this truth about myself.

Many men go their whole lives not knowing themselves.

The things I have going for me:

-Still young or I look young (20-25 depending on the person you ask).

-I am in the best shape of my life.

-I made mistakes and learned from them.

-Graduated with a double major in English/Political Science. I'm a shoe in for graduate school if my GRE is on point (and even if not I'm sure I can still get in-minus scholarships).

-I have the clarity of knowing what I want to do with my life and how to do it.

-I have overcome the darkest portion of my life and I'm still here.

-I know how to get to the top.

My advice to you is the same advice I got from Tennessee Williams in my first assigned reading when I took American literature in college. It is from the essay called The Catastrophe of Success, a disaster that many in their 30's and 40's are suffering while many in my age bracket are pursuing it:

In the time of your life—live!” That time is short and it doesn’t return again. It is slipping away while I write this and while you read it, and the monosyllable of the clock is Loss, loss, loss, unless you devote your heart to its opposition."

Being 25 to 30 years old

Quote: (01-19-2013 07:42 AM)Captain Ahab Wrote:  

My advice to you is the same advice I got from Tennessee Williams in my first assigned reading when I took American literature in college. It is from the essay called The Catastrophe of Success, a disaster that many in their 30's and 40's are suffering while many in my age bracket are pursuing it:

In the time of your life—live!” That time is short and it doesn’t return again. It is slipping away while I write this and while you read it, and the monosyllable of the clock is Loss, loss, loss, unless you devote your heart to its opposition."

The Catastrophe of Success - Tennessee Williams

One does not escape that easily from the seduction of an effete way of life. You cannot arbitrarily say to yourself, I will now continue my life as it was before this thing, Success, happened to me. But once you fully apprehend the vacuity of a life without struggle you are equipped with the basic means of salvation. Once you know this is true, that the heart of man, his body and his brain, are forged in a white-hot furnace for the purpose of conflict (the struggle of creation) and that with the conflict removed, the man is a sword cutting daisies, that not privation but luxury is the wolf at the door and that the fangs of this wolf are all the little vanities and conceits and laxities that Success is heir to — why, then with this knowledge you are at least in a position of knowing where danger lies.

You know, then, that the public Somebody you are when you "have a name" is a fiction created with mirrors and that the only somebody worth being is the solitary and unseen you that existed from your first breath and which is the sum of your actions . . . — and knowing these things, you can even survive the catastrophe of Success!

It is never altogether too late, unless you embrace the Bitch Goddess . . . with both arms and find in her smothering caresses exactly what the homesick little boy in you always wanted, absolute protection and utter effortlessness. Security is a kind of death, . . . and it can come to you in a storm of royalty checks beside a kidney-shaped pool in Beverly Hills . . . . Ask anyone who has experienced the kind of success I am talking about — What good is it? . . . .

Then what is good? The obsessive interest in human affairs, plus a certain amount of compassion and moral conviction, that first made the experience of living something that must be translated into pigment or music or bodily movement or poetry or prose or anything that's dynamic and expressive — that's what's good for you if you're at all serious in your aims. . . . [P]urity of heart is the one success worth having. "In the time of your life — live!" That time is short and it doesn't return again. It is slipping away while I write this and while you read it, and the monosyllable of the clock is Loss, loss, loss, unless you devote your heart to its opposition.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Being 25 to 30 years old

Thanks for the replies.

I'm just pondering out loud and interested in other people's perspectives on this time period in their lives. Def not a life crisis [Image: smile.gif]

The more I think about it, 25-30 is probably the peak years for getting girls in the 20-23 range.

The only thing I get irritated slightly about is the reaction when I say I'm 25. It's like ''Wtf!? Nooo!?" I am baby faced, skinnyish, 5' 9'' so I guess it's understandable lol

Being 25 to 30 years old

Quote: (01-18-2013 10:28 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

Maybe by travel the Worldyou mean travelled western Europe in which case I could understand the question being possibly an issue even then it shouldn't be.

I'm from the UK. Travelled all of W. Europe many times, yeah. But I also have spent 5 months in SE Asia, 6 months living in Chicago (got back mid Dec). I'm going back to SE Asia in 9 days, then Chi for another 6 months in April.

Being 25 to 30 years old

I look 17 when I shave my head and goatee off [Image: banana.gif] Dude, you need to embrace looking young. I used to HATE it with a passion because I felt like a little kid at clubs, bars and even around my friends sometimes. Welcome to the club of few. The only people that know my real age are family and friends. I couldn't even get a girl older than 23 if I wanted to haha!! I love being stuck with barely legal girls.

Being 25 to 30 years old

Quote: (01-19-2013 10:00 PM)houston Wrote:  

I look 17 when I shave my head and goatee off [Image: banana.gif] Dude, you need to embrace looking young. I used to HATE it with a passion because I felt like a little kid at clubs, bars and even around my friends sometimes. Welcome to the club of few. The only people that know my real age are family and friends. I couldn't even get a girl older than 23 if I wanted to haha!! I love being stuck with barely legal girls.

Yep. I love how you embrace it now Houston.

I looked super young when I was younger.

You have a long career as a Playboy ahead of you.

You will be pulling 22-28 year old girls when you are 40 and beyond.

Being 25 to 30 years old

Haha yeah!! I made a thread on here when I first joined asking how to look older lol. I even considered using Rogaine on my face at one point [Image: monkey.gif] Gmanifesto and some other people told me to embrace it because millins of people wish they had my "problem".

Being 25 to 30 years old

Quote: (01-19-2013 10:08 PM)houston Wrote:  

Haha yeah!! I made a thread on here when I first joined asking how to look older lol. I even considered using Rogaine on my face at one point [Image: monkey.gif] Gmanifesto and some other people told me to embrace it because millins of people wish they had my "problem".

I've got a baby face too mate, I like it and dislike it at the same time.

Being 25 to 30 years old

I'm 31 but look about 23/24, for me I only really got the confidence to sort out my life by the time I was late 20's so am loving being my age right now. I have no problem chatting to younger girls and get on best with those around the age of 18 - 21 (they are the most playful). However I would never tell a younger girl my real age cos 31 is just ancient to them. I'm finding any girl after 25 are usually hard work - closed mind, closed friendship group etc just generally dull.

Being 25 to 30 years old

I'll be 30 in March and I feel like I'm just getting into stride. It seems to me that you have figured out what you are, but not who you are. Over the next few years you will grow into yourself (for me it was 28), and figure out your voice.

Looking young can hinder you in some ways, but only if you allow it. When girls ask my age, I make them guess first. It's always 23-25. In other words, I'm a 23-25 year old with the knowledge and frame of a 30 year old. I have no degree, a shit job, and I live at home. I go out armed with confidence in myself, a bunch of stories, and 20 bucks. I still make panties drop.

You have accomplished more in your life than I have, and I'm older than you. Your only insecurity is that you look young? Get over it. Learn to own yourself and stop worrying about how other people perceive you.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Being 25 to 30 years old

I also look pretty young.

Last year i approached this chick (she was 22) and first thing she asked me was my age..i was thinking to myself..am i looking too old for her? And i wasnt sure if the problem was being too old or being too young..so i replied to her with the same question..how old are you? Do you think im too old or too young? She is like im 22, i think im too old for you. I was like, im 24 (im actually 26)..she was like..really? Oh My godd..you look so young..i was like..how old do you think i am? She said she thought i was 17.. I was so happy that day and she still didnt believe that i was 24 after i got her number..if she only knew that im 26.

I used to roll with this cat who was 35 and he looked mad young. He used to tell girls that he was 27 and girls still didnt believe him. They thought he was 22 or 23 haha

By the way, have you guys noticed how thugged out guys always look younger than their age? Look at the majority of well known rappers, they look mad young. Many rappers are in their early 40s and they can still bang young chicks without a problem. Im keeping that thug style for a very long time (although i will be going GQ a lot very soon).

Being 25 to 30 years old

Quote: (01-20-2013 05:25 PM)pitt Wrote:  

I also look pretty young.

Last year i approached this chick (she was 22) and first thing she asked me was my age..i was thinking to myself..am i looking too old for her? And i wasnt sure if the problem was being too old or being too young..so i replied to her with the same question..how old are you? Do you think im too old or too young? She is like im 22, i think im too old for you. I was like, im 24 (im actually 26)..she was like..really? Oh My godd..you look so young..i was like..how old do you think i am? She said she thought i was 17.. I was so happy that day and she still didnt believe that i was 24 after i got her number..if she only knew that im 26.

I used to roll with this cat who was 35 and he looked mad young. He used to tell girls that he was 27 and girls still didnt believe him. They thought he was 22 or 23 haha

By the way, have you guys noticed how thugged out guys always look younger than their age? Look at the majority of well known rappers, they look mad young. Many rappers are in their early 40s and they can still bang young chicks without a problem. Im keeping that thug style for a very long time (although i will be going GQ a lot very soon).

RACE TROLL ALERT!

I think that is because most of them are black (black don't crack).

Being 25 to 30 years old

Guys will release more info to you if they think youre "young and dumb". I just play along as the naive kid. Are there any negatives to having a baby face? What a great curse!

Being 25 to 30 years old

Quote: (01-20-2013 11:27 AM)teh_skeeze Wrote:  

I'll be 30 in March and I feel like I'm just getting into stride. It seems to me that you have figured out what you are, but not who you are. Over the next few years you will grow into yourself (for me it was 28), and figure out your voice.

Looking young can hinder you in some ways, but only if you allow it. When girls ask my age, I make them guess first. It's always 23-25. In other words, I'm a 23-25 year old with the knowledge and frame of a 30 year old. I have no degree, a shit job, and I live at home. I go out armed with confidence in myself, a bunch of stories, and 20 bucks. I still make panties drop.

You have accomplished more in your life than I have, and I'm older than you. Your only insecurity is that you look young? Get over it. Learn to own yourself and stop worrying about how other people perceive you.

Great post. Thanks for sharing. Makes muchos sense!