rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Can You Tell Which Men Are Good-looking?

I am attracted to hot women: slender, stacked, long hair, clear complexion. But my sense of beauty is weak outside my preferred races.

And I really can't tell which men are handsome. I mean, I don't care if a man is bald. I knew Brad Pitt was lean and ripped in the Fight Club, but didn't realize women liked his face. Ted Danson on Cheers? No clue. I know that women go crazy for those squinty-eyed guys like Richard Gere, Don Johnson, and Tom Selleck.

Unlike some people, I don't "always remember a face". But I'm not terrible.

I wonder whether my "handsome blindness" may be associated with some other lack of social awareness. Is this common?

I can tell [Image: gay.gif]

I can't really tell you if a man is good looking to woman or not, but I can reasonably tell how attractive he is by seeing how he dances.

Play meet, fuck, kill at a club or school dance and you'll see what I mean.

Yes, but in a 'who's gonna be my competition' sense.

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

I've heard a few others guys say this as well. Personally, I think in most cases guys are exaggerating or lying outright in a sort of over the top effort at being "no homo". As in, "I'm so straight I can't even look at another man and objectively recognize his level of attractiveness."

Since facial attractiveness is based on symmetry, and these guys have no problem recognizing an attractive woman's face, I have to call bullshit. Your capacity to recognize facial symmetry does not disappear because the hair is shorter, the jaw is more pronounced and the nose is larger. Being able to recognize that a symmetric face is objectively attractive does not necessarily make you attracted to the person, though. It's just your eyes and brain reporting that this person is presenting a facial structure that is pleasing to the eye.

Now, if you say you do have some trouble remembering faces, it's possible that somehow interferes with your ability to make these judgments. Personally I have a near-photographic memory for faces, and no issue distinguishing attractive male faces from unattractive ones.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Quote: (01-18-2013 11:09 AM)scorpion Wrote:  

I've heard a few others guys say this as well. Personally, I think in most cases guys are exaggerating or lying outright in a sort of over the top effort at being "no homo". As in, "I'm so straight I can't even look at another man and objectively recognize his level of attractiveness."

Since facial attractiveness is based on symmetry, and these guys have no problem recognizing an attractive woman's face, I have to call bullshit. Your capacity to recognize facial symmetry does not disappear because the hair is shorter, the jaw is more pronounced and the nose is larger. Being able to recognize that a symmetric face is objectively attractive does not necessarily make you attracted to the person, though. It's just your eyes and brain reporting that this person is presenting a facial structure that is pleasing to the eye.

Now, if you say you do have some trouble remembering faces, it's possible that somehow interferes with your ability to make these judgments. Personally I have a near-photographic memory for faces, and no issue distinguishing attractive male faces from unattractive ones.

I have to agree with you and Architekt

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Quote: (01-18-2013 11:18 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

I've heard a few others guys say this as well.

...(shortening message)...

Personally I have a near-photographic memory for faces, and no issue distinguishing attractive male faces from unattractive ones.

I think I understand what you guys mean. I can tell what guy has an attractive face or body aethestically, but because I've been exposed to the manosphere beyond that, my mind automatically thinks past that.

I know that looks aren't the only thing that attract women, so I don't think about them as much. A guy could be a total looker, but still suck with women because he doesn't no what to do with women.

Does that make sense?

Leanness, symmetry and strong bone structure. It's not that hard.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (01-18-2013 11:28 AM)Walderschmidt Wrote:  

Quote: (01-18-2013 11:18 AM)bojangles Wrote:  

I've heard a few others guys say this as well.

...(shortening message)...

Personally I have a near-photographic memory for faces, and no issue distinguishing attractive male faces from unattractive ones.

I think I understand what you guys mean. I can tell what guy has an attractive face or body aethestically, but because I've been exposed to the manosphere beyond that, my mind automatically thinks past that.

I know that looks aren't the only thing that attract women, so I don't think about them as much. A guy could be a total looker, but still suck with women because he doesn't no what to do with women.

Does that make sense?

Yes, that's exactly how it is, I never think in a this guy is going to be my competition sense, a lot of times you can spot guys and you think shit what's he doing with that girl, he's easily 3 points above her, definitely has no game.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

Divorco I think you're an outlier on this one.

I can generally tell how attractive most girls will find a given man. Occasionally though, I'll be surprised to find out a guy who I thought had nothing going for him was sooooo super duper hot according to the cliterati. That's pretty rare though.

Do you notice when you walk into a room how some men just have 'presence?' And you can feel yourself subconsciously keeping tabs on what they're up to, even trying to win their approval? You don't want their dick, but you are attracted to them in the sense that they come off as high-value.

Also many if not most factors of male attractiveness are quantitative, i.e. discernible to even the most spergy of men. Is a guy built like arnold, dressed like G, and carrying himself with body language that you easily (as an RVF devotee) recognize as 'alpha'? Then he's probably being perceived as attractive by women.

I'd say that yeah, the inability to perceive male attractiveness probably goes hand in hand with the general inability to perceive status cues and maybe some other stuff. What other kinds of social awareness do you lack?

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

I can tell who is handsome and who is busted and who average. I can tell what guys are sloppy and could be decent looking if they worked out, groomed differently and had better style. Nothing homo about that. What I don't do is place guys on a 1-10 scale.

You can never be totally sure which guy a girl is going to crush on, and symmetry and good skin are always important, but a safe bet is usually to look for masculinity and alpha facial expressions and body language. Masculine physical attributes can be seen in jawline, chin, facial hair (even if it's shaved off), and eyes (not 'squinty' but also not big and wide-open like a pretty woman's should be). Alpha faces are cool, relaxed, confident, aware, not overly emotional or reactive.

All those guys you list have masculine facial features if you look closely, even if they aren't pretty-boys (Selleck is obviously not a pretty-boy). They've got the jawlines, chins, eyes, and alpha expressions.

(Also realize of course that not all women agree on which of those guys are attractive. There's also the younger girls who tend to go after the young/cocky Beiber types)

Quote: (01-18-2013 11:29 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Leanness, symmetry and strong bone structure. It's not that hard.

Agreed, but lack of symmetry can be overcome by masculinity and alpha expression. See: Daniel Craig

I agree with the above posters.

Here is a good link that goes into facial structure a little more in depth:

Quote:Quote:

The three aspects of visual, facial beauty are symmetry, averageness, and sexual dimorphism.

[Image: brad_pitt_mask.jpg]

"Avoid success at all costs."

I can't really tell when a guy is good looking, either. Who is more handsome?

[Image: handsome-men51.jpg]

[Image: Denzel-Washington-9524687-2-402.jpg]

I can tell the super good looking dudes from the below average dudes. But say you were to line up guys from 1-10. 1-5 and 9-10 would be easy, but 6-8 would be harder (assuming they're all dressed the same). The chiseled jawlines etc are easy, but for more "average" looking guys its hard to tell. A guy was gaming a friend of a friend. The girl was a 6 herself. I'd have rated the guy a 6 too, my friend said "omg why is she talking to him hes so ugly" Maybe she didn't like his game, maybe she only thought 8-10s were good enough. As for placing myself I have no idea.

Quote: (01-18-2013 06:35 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I can tell the super good looking dudes from the below average dudes. But say you were to line up guys from 1-10. 1-5 and 9-10 would be easy, but 6-8 would be harder (assuming they're all dressed the same). The chiseled jawlines etc are easy, but for more "average" looking guys its hard to tell. A guy was gaming a friend of a friend. The girl was a 6 herself. I'd have rated the guy a 6 too, my friend said "omg why is she talking to him hes so ugly" Maybe she didn't like his game, maybe she only thought 8-10s were good enough. As for placing myself I have no idea.

Maybe she was jealous and wanted his cock.

Actually, she was and did.

You'd piss yourself if you were going up against this guy (RIP):

[Image: 220px-Corporal_Patrick_Tillman.jpg]

Highest testosterone face ever?

Yes I notice. Sometimes I stare without meaning to, at handsome people of either sex. I'm also a lot more sensitive to aesthetics than most, I tend to stare at beautiful landscapes, buildings, fabrics longer than the average person.

I know there are studies of babies gazes, and they find that the babies stare longer at more attractive people - and IIRC, it wasn't sexual - the baby's and model's sex didn't really matter.

WesternCancer, that's true of a lot of human traits - distinguishing say the average from slightly above or below average is not always easy - it could be athleticism, intelligence, or any other human trait. The difference between the 99th percentile and the 94th percentile will always be greater than the difference between say, the 55th and the 50th percentile.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJXvYy5s2_rQoyDcypERG...EZOWdO-46w]

Yeah I'm inclined to agree with this 100%. I once brought this up with a group of friends as the subject was about "if we were all single, who would pull ass the quickest out of all of us?"
Since the four of us dudes are all pretty busted compared to my friend from Brazil, I pointed out that he could probably be a male model after about two months in the gym, and probably get all kinds of strange even if he were homeless, and everybody gave me shit for pointing that out.

Quote: (01-18-2013 06:35 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

For chicks there seem to be only 3 categories for attractiveness.

1. The 8+ range. Guys that range from obviously attractive but not amazing guys who get the benefit of the doubt but need "don't fuck up" game to get laid, to super hot omg guys who are extremely rare.

2. Virtually all other men, even many that are technically in category 1 wind up here for all intents and purposes. Men who won't be considered sexually unless they have personality, game, or luck. Ranking the raw looks of men in this category is pointless except for physique and style.

3. Men whose appearance is actively repulsive (fat, deformed, completely ungroomed, etc.).

Wow.. is this a joke of a thread. Do you have eyes? Can you tell if a dog walking by is good looking or not?

Of course I can tell... Making snap judgements of people at a blink is a very useful skills for anyone who works in some sales related field