rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

When did you guys take the Red Pill?

Why did you guys take the red pill?

For me it was a combination of many things:

-being raised by a domineering single mother.

-having a beta father (who was not around except for the holidays..every few years).

-girls thinking I was gay because I was not aggressive and would not escalate with them.

-having lots of female friends but no fuck buddies.

-the few times I got laid was a combination of halfway decent pick up teaching, approaching lots of chicks in college since approach anxiety was gone (was on beta blockers. haha, funny how the medication I was on was called beta-blockers).

-Being heart broken the few times I could have had a girl that I liked but my "inner pussy," lack of experience, lack of confidence, lack of being available, etc," fucked it all up.

-Seeing how almost all men of my generation are complete slaves to female approval (Generation Y).

-Being the guy girls told all their frustrations to when they would complain about men fucking and dumping them.

-Seeing how lack of confidence, lack of experience with women, a negative attitude, fear,and a low self esteem have fucked up my life.

Throwing all that in a blender, mixed with a strong desire for a new life (recently moved to another city, found a new job, started working out, talking to girls in random places), I decided to take the red pill today!

And the regret has become motivation.

So what is your story?

I always felt that the pedestalization of women in the media did not mesh with the reality I observed. Then I had a few very greedy girlfriends in my twenties who pushed for marriage and demanded engagement rings. My family is fob so never subscribed to the diamond "tradition". I googled why on earth men need to buy a girl a diamond to have the " honor" of marrying her, especially since in my group it was always the girls who pushed for a wedding. I found Tom Leykis, the spearhead and NiceGuy that way and all of a sudden felt like I had discovered my "tribe", people whose analyses and viewpoints made sense in contrast to what media and society try to propagate.

Around 2008-2009. My friend told me about game and PUAs such as Mystery. While looking around for game resources on the internet, I came across Roissy and my eyes were opened.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Around 2008-2009. My friend told me about game and PUAs such as Mystery. While looking around for game resources on the internet, I came across Roissy and my eyes were opened.

Sorry for the double post

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

Was looking for game advice, came across this forum... then on to Roosh's blog - where I began reading about feminism etc. My life changed there.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

I've always been Alpha, so I would say that I swallowed the red pill when I was 20, but it got stuck half way down my throat. For a long time I subscribed to the notion that women were to be respected (not sluts though) and that somehow they had the moral authority over us. However, after plowing through lots of chicks and seeing how bad the 'good girls' were I got kinda depressed. I used to think to myself 'are all chicks like this?' Stopped gaming for a whole year around 4 years ago.

Then I finally came to terms about the true nature of women and the red pill finally went all the way down. Now i'm still as alpha as I was before but with no illusions about women and i'm a better man for it. I only found this forum a month ago and it's really helped me to clarify certain concepts in my mind, great stuff for young and experienced G's alike. Bravo Roosh and all of the other G's who contribute to this forum.

I wouldnt say I swallowed the red pill when I first learnt about game, as I just did what I was doing whilst still being blue pill, I think it was around a year and a half into my journey I started to realise and really get wht I and the world was doing wrong.

Don't forget to check out my latest post on Return of Kings - 6 Things Indian Guys Need To Understand About Game

Desi Casanova
The 3 Bromigos

When? Why?

To some extent I've always been semi-aware. My mother was anti-feminist, and while she by no means administered a "red pill" she'd occasionally gripe about minor issues like history textbooks adding token women and crap like that. Also, I've always been very logical so it wasn't too hard for me to recognize some of the other bullshit.

Unfortunately both parents and my whole extended family were very traditional, marriage-oriented with a do-not-talk-about-sex mentality. I've always had a general notion that women's sexual desires didn't necessarily match up with the the traditional romantic narrative; although I did catch one-itis bad in college and something made me extremely reluctant to "spin plates" so to speak or aggressively pursue other girls.

I mostly ignored feminism for a long time, and lack of success with women for most of that time was entirely due to lack of game. I knew what wasn't right, I instinctively tried to avoid supplication in the initial phases, but I didn't have a toolset or anything to start with. I knew that I had to stand up in the batters box and take a swing, but had no idea how to hold the bat or plant my feet. I had talent and desire to play, I just didn't know the details or mechanics of it. So I struck out a lot. After some fluke success, I wound up falling into supplication traps and failing shit tests without realizing what they were. I am fairly attractive, so I think my shit gets tested a lot less than many guys except with the hottest girls. It was like finally hitting the ball but then running the wrong way around the basepath.

For me, the first red pill moment came when someone showed me the VH1 Mystery show. What was being taught wasn't applicable to me specifically, but I could recognize the principles and this was the first time someone was actually showing me how to hold the bat, how to plant my feet, how to swing, how to steal bases, etc. After that brief experience with PUA I regressed somewhat (got lazy) and after failing miserably with fairly hot chick she sent me a link to heartiste and that was that. I was angry and rejected it at first, but pretty soon I was devouring the archives, fascinated. I investigated some of the links on his blogroll and that's when I found Roosh, whose simple, direct style was so much more practical than Mystery.

The anti-feminism aspect to the red pill just seems to happen automatically once you start learning seduction. I'd long been aware of a certain level of hypocrisy, but once I started focusing on game and girls the absurdity just became impossible to ignore.

I'd always been a bit suspicious of feminism, which turned into full-blown contempt when I went to college and saw how completely out-of-touch everyone seemed to be with the real world. My parents are older and I've always been very conservative by inclination, so this wasn't a big jump. I always felt semi-betrayed, because I was raised with a very beta-game Jane Austen style outlook, and it was always frustrating to me that somewhere between 1800 and now, women stopped trying to be charming, demure, ladies and started acting like men and tramps: the upshot being that acting like a gentleman and a 'nice guy' did absolutely nothing towards helping me associate with the fairer sex. I first discovered game in high school when I somehow found the old mASF forum, (this was before The Game came out) and the old school PUAs. I remember printing out a pirated copy of Mystery's book and then hoping my mom wouldn't find it. This blew my mind. It was hard to relate to, though, because living in a Midwestern town of 3,000, I'd never even seen a nightclub, let alone danced in one. I put all that aside to focus on school.

Then, I found a couple of nice girls, completely relapsed, and tried hard to be the ideal beta. Things fell apart. While they were doing so, a friend of mine (ironically, a monk) introduced me to the manosohere, and I subsequently stumbled onto Roosh's books.

Quote: (01-17-2013 11:59 AM)Blaster Wrote:  

The anti-feminism aspect to the red pill just seems to happen automatically once you start learning seduction. I'd long been aware of a certain level of hypocrisy, but once I started focusing on game and girls the absurdity just became impossible to ignore.

Its an unpleasant side effect, of learning the evo-psych stuff and observing women, the anti-feminist stuff. I don't mean unpleasant in the sense I don't believe it or agree with it. I mean its not nice to know the things we do, and feel the way we feel because we live in a world so opposed to it that you are angry and frustrated more than is healthy.

We used to be angry and frustrated because we couldn't get girls (at least most of us who learn game do so due to this), now we're angry and frustrated because we know girls inside out and we don't like what we see, and we don't like how the world has been shaped to give them entitlement and attitudes they don't warrant. We're angry that this current world was specifically designed by them and the enabling men who contributed to our pre-game suffering. I could go on...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

After getting a brutally friend zoned by a oneitis I was obsessed with for years. It is caused me to become introspective and I started searching for answers and I stumbled across David DeAngelo. The rest is history.

Quote:Quote:

We used to be angry and frustrated because we couldn't get girls

I never got angry and frustrated about it, although I probably would have had I not figured things out eventually.