rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

169lbs MMA Fighter defeats 600lbs behemoth
69lbs MMA Fighter defeats 600lbs behemoth

What do the fighters on here think?

Game is a necessary evil

I thought this thread was going to be about Lindy West.
Unfortunately happens every day in thousands of beta husbands' bedrooms.
Once you get into middleweight (in boxing weight categories), you have the speed, but you also reach the kind of weight where you have the weight behind the punch (with correct technique) to KO anyone. If Sergio Martinez caught Wlad Klitschko with a punch that A) Was timed correctly, and B) WK didn't see coming, then he could KO him.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken
Quote: (01-16-2013 05:39 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I thought this thread was going to be about Lindy West.

Ha! Well, you gotta bring in some fighting skill, can't rely totally on your "killer-look" [Image: lol.gif]

Game is a necessary evil
Its not about how big or tall you are, some people just have a stronger punch, of course there are ways to improve it but boxers like paqiao and small but can hit hard and there are some people who just can't bunch to save their lives.
I saw the sumo fight in the early millenium, Emmanuel Yarborough, he fought some other cat in the UFC, a man a third of his weight who took him down with a palm strike.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards
Quote: (01-16-2013 08:33 PM)Moma Wrote:  

I saw the sumo fight in the early millenium, Emmanuel Yarborough, he fought some other cat in the UFC, a man a third of his weight who took him down with a palm strike.

Keith Hackney in UFC 3 who they nicknamed the giant killer. Hackney eventually fought Royce, but it was the next UFC. I still remember a bunch of the old school UFCs, even though I was pretty young if it wasn't for them wouldn't be training BJJ...
When i first started fighting I was more worried about gassing myself out than about the man coming at me. This video shows why it's a real danger.
The Japanese guy actually has a submission victory over Anderson Silva.
Honestly, most MMA fighters can't take a punch. I seriously doubt most of these guys could beat a trained boxer.
@ clyde you clearly have no idea what youre talking about. Several olympic boxers have converted to MMA

The guy was hit multiple times in the back of the head. For those of you who have been in the ring or cage a hit to the back of the head is devastating. Its cheap, and there are reasons its illegal but thats the game.
Quote: (01-17-2013 10:18 AM)Clyde Wrote:  

Honestly, most MMA fighters can't take a punch. I seriously doubt most of these guys could beat a trained boxer.

[Image: womanhamster.gif]
Quote: (01-16-2013 05:50 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Once you get into middleweight (in boxing weight categories), you have the speed, but you also reach the kind of weight where you have the weight behind the punch (with correct technique) to KO anyone. If Sergio Martinez caught Wlad Klitschko with a punch that A) Was timed correctly, and B) WK didn't see coming, then he could KO him.

I'm 6'1", and about 200 pounds and have sparred (boxing) with fighters that range from 150 pounds to 250+, and a lot of the time you'll have fighters that are lower in weight but just pack a larger punch. It's a combination of technique, and just natural hitting ability as well, but size in fighting can be neutralized even at an extreme level as the 169 vs. 600 pounds. I've been hit by guys that weigh 155 who's punches were like stinging electric shocks when they hit you vs. guys who weigh 250 and have more of a thudding power effect when the punches hit you.

Put a guy in who has enough training, experience, and conditioning against someone who is simply bigger and stronger. The bigger and stronger guy won't stand much of a chance if they don't really know how to fight. Boxing and MMA have just as much to do with intangibles and intelligence as they do with your physical size and stature, which only gets you so far.
Quote: (01-18-2013 03:50 PM)rlongo924 Wrote:  

I'm 6'1", and about 200 pounds and have sparred (boxing) with fighters that range from 150 pounds to 250+, and a lot of the time you'll have fighters that are lower in weight but just pack a larger punch. It's a combination of technique, and just natural hitting ability as well, but size in fighting can be neutralized even at an extreme level as the 169 vs. 600 pounds. I've been hit by guys that weigh 155 who's punches were like stinging electric shocks when they hit you vs. guys who weigh 250 and have more of a thudding power effect when the punches hit you.

Put a guy in who has enough training, experience, and conditioning against someone who is simply bigger and stronger. The bigger and stronger guy won't stand much of a chance if they don't really know how to fight. Boxing and MMA have just as much to do with intangibles and intelligence as they do with your physical size and stature, which only gets you so far.

Everybody has a chin and a temple. Hit either one with technique and timing, and a 130 pounder can knock out someone who is 200+. A well-timed punch is better than a powerful punch. The greatest have both.

One thing that IMO makes a slight difference is head size and the structure of your skull/jawline.
Quote: (01-17-2013 10:18 AM)Clyde Wrote:  

[Image: troll.gif]
MMA>Boxer anyday of the week. Remember when kimbo slice a pure power hitter went into the MMA? Guess what happened Kimbo got his ass handed to him before his MMA career even began.
Quote: (01-18-2013 04:15 PM)UgSlayer Wrote:  

Quote: (01-18-2013 03:50 PM)rlongo924 Wrote:  

Everybody has a chin and a temple. Hit either one with technique and timing, and a 130 pounder can knock out someone who is 200+. A well-timed punch is better than a powerful punch. The greatest have both.

One thing that IMO makes a slight difference is head size and the structure of your skull/jawline.

Its the ones you don't see that hurt and put you out. Your body doesn't even have that split second to prepare itself. Haha talking of big heads, you ever see Valuev? Pretty impressive that Haye very nearly KO'd him. If it had been one round more, he probably would have!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken
Quote: (01-18-2013 05:32 PM)Insignia Wrote:  

MMA>Boxer anyday of the week. Remember when kimbo slice a pure power hitter went into the MMA? Guess what happened Kimbo got his ass handed to him before his MMA career even began.

Kimbo isnt a boxer.
Why the fuck did he go for a single leg take down on a 600lb guy???

The fat guy almost fell on him on would have crushed him.

He's lucky he survived that takedown attempt.

The big boy got tired and quit.
Quote: (01-16-2013 05:40 PM)Technics Wrote:  

Unfortunately happens every day in thousands of beta husbands' bedrooms.

...and they aren't all as lucky to escape as Takasei