rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is LA really a sausage fest?

What up everyone, was just curious of your opinions on the subject of LA being a major sausage fest, I think we have all seen that map of the U.S. with distribution of single women (whether or not it's accurate) and all of S. Cali. looks like dude central. Besides the dist. map I have heard from a lot of guys that it's gotten pretty bad, I haven't been south of Santa Barbara since I was 13, but from what I remember I was always blown away by the high percentage of gorgeous women, and I'd say Santa Barbara is stacked.

So I have been wanting to do a real SoCal road trip this summer, focusing on LA/S.B., and am wondering what I should expect? Are clubs/bars way higher percentage of men when it comes to the ratios? Unlike NorCal, does the high percentage of hot women make up for the lack of abundance? LA women are stereotyped as cold, superficial, shallow, and flakey, would you say this is legit? Is competition so stiff that you need some matrix style game (high level) to pull something decent?

I'm also interested in this, because I'm getting to kind of an existential crisis point where I'm starting to feel the need to check out a new town/city to live in, I'm probably going to relocate in 1.5/2 years and right now my list of prospects are:

San Francisco, Austin TX, Boulder CO, Eugene/Portland OR, and finally LA or Santa Barbara

I'm doing a 4 day trip to scope out Austin in a week, and need to to check out these other spots on my own, but wold like feedback from people who have actually lived in or spent time in SoCal or any of my other mentioned spots. Thanks for any feedback, interested to hear thoughts, opinions.

PEACE!

I suspect the gender skew is from Hispanic men working there and sending money back home. I doubt it has any bearing at all if you're middle class and US born.

Oh boy, yet another thread bashing my town! LOL.

I don't think the ratio thing is a big deal if you have game. Guys with game and good cold-approach skills will always find ample supply of women no matter where they are. Clubs here are filled with beautiful girls dancing in circles with their friends while guys stand on the sideline watching like zombies in a daze. These are the guys that are hurt by the bad ratio. If you aren't one of them, you have nothing to worry about.

As for the stereotypes, there is truth to that. This is the epicenter of the flake culture, not only in women, but in business, friendships and everything. Everybody wants to come across like they are so important and busy. Status and material success matter here more than most places. Even what area code you live in as in "oh, he lives in the 909? really??" 310 is the most coveted area code for your phone number. So if you get a cell, get one with a 310 area code. Yeah, believe it or not dumb shit like that can make a difference here. Expect a higher percentage of women to flake here than any other place maybe except Miami. Superficial and shallow, yeah I'm afraid so if your target market is the young and beautiful. But keep in mind that a large number of people here don't fit the L.A. stereotype. There's enough diversity of people here to find anything you're looking for. However, the more beautiful the woman, the more likely she is going to fit that flaky and superficial mold. And if she's an aspiring actress like half of them are, then forget it.

Southern California is pretty guy heavy.

However, like Speakeasy says "I don't think the ratio thing is a big deal if you have game."

The thing I think with LA is that there is a "game" to be played beyond the Game.

People are super status hungry. The guys that don't play into it, get eaten alive.

So play into it. I have written tons on the subject (Hell, it is a major theme of my blog, which is why many people get turned off by it I think):

Platinum Diggers http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2007/01/pla...ggers.html

A Typical Tuesday Night in Southern California http://www.thegmanifesto.com/2009/03/a-t...ornia.html