rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The End of Courtship

The End of Courtship

New York Times

This article bemoans the death of traditional courtship:

Cheryl Yeoh , a [29-year-old] tech entrepreneur in San Francisco, said that she has been on many formal dates of late — plays, fancy restaurants. One suitor even presented her with red roses. For her, the old traditions are alive simply because she refuses to put up with anything less. She generally refuses to go on any date that is not set up a week in advance,
[Image: Cheryl-Yeoh_featured.jpg]

But the more typical story is:

“At 10 p.m., I hadn’t heard from him,” said Ms. Silver, 30, who wore her favorite skinny black jeans. Finally, at 10:30, he sent a text message. “Hey, I’m at Pub & Kitchen, want to meet up for a drink or whatever?” he wrote, before adding, “I’m here with a bunch of friends from college.”

Turned off, she fired back a text message, politely declining. But in retrospect, she might have adjusted her expectations.

[Image: 13COURTSHIP2-popup.jpg]

The End of Courtship

All these mainstream articles are so vaginised...its always from a woman's point of view.
Its like men only exist as problems or obstacles, and women are always the victim.

The End of Courtship

Dupe

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-19582.html

Team Nachos

The End of Courtship

I agree with most of what that article says. What disturbs me is what it doesn't say. Not surprisingly, as usual, it make it sounds like it's the fault of men that is dating has become that way.

They omit the fact that a man's commitment is only required for a woman who is worthy of it. In other words, if the woman is a slut, she'll be getting the hook up treatment. I won't invest my time and effort in a woman who is selfish, who doesn't cook or clean and who doesn't know how to raise children. If she acts like my buddy she will be treated like one.

Besides, the woman who has been a party girl all her life and who wakes up at 30 years old to realize she's unhappy and empty won't change overnight. Suddenly she expects to be treated like a lady while she has no idea what a lady is.

But yeah it's the men fault's for not having fucking balls and standing up to voice their opinion, and let women run the entire discussion.