rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

I am practically in the door after spending 11 days in Ekaterinburg over the New Year and the Russian Christmas (28/12/12 to 8/1/13). Why so soon you ask? Well while my memory is still fresh, its good to strike while the iron is hot.

Introduction:
Ekaterinburg is known by the locals as the third city of Russia. It has a population of 1.5 million people and is the capital of the entire Ural Region and Sverdlovsk Oblast. The city for is quite densely populated and not spread out. One can easily traverse one end of the city to the other in 25 minutes by car minus the traffic. The city itself is quite clean and safe. Public transport during the daytime is quite good with frequent tram, bus and metro services. A trip on the Metro will set you back 30 Roubles (€0.75) while a trolleybus or ram is around 25-35 Roubles depending on location. My biggest complaint in relation to public transport is that after 9pm, the frequency of buses and trams becomes less and after 11pm completely stop leaving you at the mercy of an unreliable taxi service, especially if you are a foreigner with limited Russian. Logistics if you do not live in the city centre can be a bitch and I cannot stress the importance of basing oneself close to where most of the action is, Lenina Prospekt and Ul. Malisheva. The locals I found were friendly and curious. Unlike the needless scaremongering from Kamaki I did not feel threatened at once.

Getting there:
I flew Dublin to Ekaterinburg (via Frankfurt) with Lufthansa. Total air fare incl. travel insurance came to €620. I cannot stress how important travel insurance is and I always get it for peace of mind.

Visa:
Citizens of EU states need to purchase a visa in the Russian Embassy in their own country. One can get a single entry visa processed in 2-5 working days. Before doing so, one must also get a online invitation from the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Total price for single entry tourist visa (up to 30 days) was €145

Accommodation:
I booked an apartment with airbnb in the city centre, just off Lenina Prospekt on ul. Gagarina for €35 per night. WiFi and all mod cons included. Great value.

Climate:
Cold. -25C cold with icy snow. The first few days I didnt know what hit me but your body adjusts to the extremes in climate.

Cost of living:
Exchange rate - €1 = 40 Roubles.
Ekaterinburg is not cheap thats for sure. The economy is depended on oil, gas, raw materials especially from the rich mining Ural mountains as well as the Russian Military Industrial Complex. There is alot of money floating around here and it shows in the flashyness of the cars and top notch restaurants. Average wage here is approximately 30,000 RUB per month (€755.50) but dont believe that figure. According to the Gini Coefficient which measures wealth distribution in society, Russia is up around 0.41 which denotes huge inequality. Many exist on less especially those employed in public sector or pensioners. Inflation runs at approx 6% p.a. here. Many foodstuffs and drinks are slightly less expensive with what you would pay for in the West. A basket of goods (eggs, milk, bread, yogurt, beer, biscuits, meats, bottled water, fruit cereal etc. for myself set me back 810 RUB (€20.40) and that was very 3-4 days. Commodities like oil, fuel, electricity and gas cost next to nothing as Russia produces these commodities in abundance.

Right down to the real business, getting the girls.

Daygame:
Fuck me if I will be day gaming in -25C weather. That said, when walking in the street, I did get eye fucked by a number of attractive dyevs all covered up in their winter coats. I did check out Greenwich Shopping Centre located just off Ploschad Marta 1905 and I did see alot of potential. Lone chicks out shopping, sitting in cafes and other times in pairs.

For students I arrived at the wrong time. The New Years holidays here which runs from 31st December to 9th January sees many studenkas, our primary targets return home to their villages and towns for this period. That leaves you with the 23 y.o.+ who are not too shabby. It is also a family holiday in which the family gather together and do the family stuff.

Pipelining:
I used mamba, Badoo and VK with initial excellent feedback and results. However when I got there, I did encounter chicks flaking due to the holiday and changing plans but I put that down to the Holiday. However for normal times, these sites can be goldmines.

The Women:
A words of warning here. Anybody expecting to get off the plane and expect to have the women throwing themselves at you are in for a big shock. These girls are conservative and will put out only after they are sure that they genuinely like you and are comfortable around you. It may take, 3, 6, 9 who knows how many dates. I was there for a short period and it was not enough time to get any of them in the sack. I was not under any pressure as I am laying the groundwork for future visits. These women are some of the most sweetest, feminine, honest and down to earth that I have ever met. Their Bull Shitomters are wired to the max. Dont try to mess around with them or they will fuck you over. if one is here for a longer period, 2-6 months he will have a great time dating some of the worlds most genuine and beautiful women. One could snag himself here a great girlfriend or wife. The talent scale here is off the charts with many venues that I visted with very favourable ratios. I could count on one hand the ugly women I saw here. In the pubs and clubs, it was filled with 7-8s with favourable ratios. That later. I dated mainly 7s and an 8. Forget about the 9s and 10s. They have been snapped up by the local rich oligarchs.

Second, don't believe the shite from the marriage agencies about a shortage of women in Russia. The ratio is 50-50. The shortage is with the availablity of suitable men as has been discussed here before. The good ones are taken by their mid 20s which leaves the pasty looking deadbeats behind. Russian guys aint much to look at but they are some of the most alpha dudes that I have met. They screw around alot even when they are married and some have 2-3 on the go.

Places I visted -
Pubs:
Doctor Scotch ul. Malisheva 56. As the name suggests this is a Scottish themed pub. But dont let the whole concept of themed pubs put you off. This place is really lively with a dance floor. A DJ was playing tunes that had the floor filled with lots of cuties. They were all very approachable and friendly but language was a big problem. Not many speak English and my Russian resembles the apes from the opening scene of 2001 a Space Odyssey after about 20 minutes. You need to reserve a table in advance, its that busy but in the of chance you come in and have not reserved a table, you must pay 1000 RUB (€25) for the priviledge per person. That 1000 RUB said, you are then entitled to drink within that amount you have paid. The Russian beers will cost you 180 RUB while export lagers will set you back about 250 RUB, a bit on the pricey side.

Alibi ul. Malisheva 74. This is a bootleggers style bar. It fills up after midnight but I didnt like the feel of the place. I took a date in here and I got some quare looks from a bunch of local lads sitting at the bar. There's a bit of a rough edge in here, even a group of bikers. I was searching in my coat for my wheelbrace. Left after 2 pints. Price identical in Doctor Scotch. However, beforeI left, i did see a 50 something local biznessman dancing and getting it on with two super early 20 something hotties on the dance floor.

Gordons ul. Krasnomarmskaya 1. Located at the side of the Bolshoi Ural hotel. I was warned by one local that this place was as rough as a bear's arse and it didnt let me down. I wasn't in the door 10 minutes when two local gopniks decided to have it there and then in the middle of the bar, cue a huge melee. Mad Wild West stuff. Bouncers promptly dealt with the eejits.

The Rosey Jane. Lenina Prospekt 32. English themed pub hugely popular with locals and has a dancing space. Some great talent to be spotted in here and many chicks sitting in pairs at tables or at the bar. I didnt approach as I was with a date. Price of local beers about 150 RUB to 250 RUB for exports. 4 beers cost me the guts of €20. A bit of a rip off but its the same all over.

Clubs:
Podval art Club, ul. Moskovskaya 209. http://www.art-podval.ru/
No entrance fee required here when I visited. This place is the hippest and coolest place in Ekaterinburg. My favourite spot. They play R & B and techno music here. The place was jammers. Came in here solo and the vibe was excellent. Real friendly and chilled out atmosphere. I positioned myself at the bar and made several approaches. All very good responses but my lack of good Russian hampered me big time. Picked up a number after a makeout with a 7, 23 y.o. brunette an employee of Russian Railways and met her 2 days later. Staying in contact.

Club Ever Jazz ul. Lunarschogo 137 - http://www.66.ru/afisha/event/1223/
Brought my 8, Natalia whom I met off mamba here. She loved it. Classy Jazz and world music club just off ul. Malsheva. Recommended.

Places to eat:
Srpske Dveri (Serbian Yard) ul Mamina Sibiryaka. if you like Balkan food, hospitality and slivovica, this is the place for you. I have never tasted better Serbian cuisine then here. The Serbs are renowned for their hospitality and the night that I visited, on the 6th was unreal. This is the hang out centre for ex YU expats, mainly Serbs, Montenegrins and Macedonians. A good and hearty meal topped up by shots of the best Serbian plumb brandy this side of the Urals set me back just 900 RUB. I was as pissed as a flute and not a sign of Balkan Power anywhere.

Pojaraka - ul Malisheva 44. Nice and tasty fish restaurant. http://pojarka-ural.narod.ru/menu.htm Also recommended. 500 RUB for a tasty snack.

Overall my trip was worth evry kopeck. I was there in the city for a total for 8 nights (3 on a vodka fueled binge in a village) and I didnt even scratch the surface. If you really want to sample what Ekaterinburg has to offer, you need to stay here for a period of time longer than 2 months to truly get a feel of the place and the talent it has on offer. I did not encounter any foreigners here but they do live and work here as its the business hub of the Urals. Two highlights for me stand out. On my first night after arriving, fighting jetlag and lack of sleep, I was invited to the Railway University Xmas party. I nearly got into a scrap with a staff member after I swooped in on a young 23 y.o. staff member, a 7, brunette he was trying to charm. I got her number and vkontakte page. Lastly to Natalia, my only 8, blondinka, whom I manage to snag on the visit off of mamba. 25 y.o. recent divorced, no kids and an absolute belter. She is one of the sweetest, lovliest women I have ever met. A part time musician with an amazing voice. I'll be back there next month. Dere's gold in dem dar hills..

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Good stuff - thanks for the write up. Russia unfortunately proves elusive for me this year, but I plan to spend time in Ekaterinburg sooner than later hopefully. I work with a girl from there and she was so shocked that it was my second guess when she said she was from Siberia. I'm sure you'll have a lot of interest about your trip here.

"...it's the quiet cool...it's for someone who's been through the struggle and come out on the other side smelling like money and pussy."

"put her in the taxi, put her number in the trash can"

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Great sheet Partizan! E'burg has just been added to the list of places to visit,it sounds bloody awesome.

How were English levels amongst your dates?

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Quote: (01-08-2013 04:11 PM)Vorkuta Wrote:  

Great sheet Partizan! E'burg has just been added to the list of places to visit,it sounds bloody awesome.

Their English levels ranged from fair to good. I had to speak slowly for them to understand fully. My ex who came from the there as well had poor English. As you can imagine it created a bit of a misunderstanding between us and eventually break up. The important thing is communication.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Interesting report, and a true-to-form datasheet - respect!
However, disappointed to hear your CPN was ∞. Maybe on the next visit you will bring it down into the four digits.
Still outrageous is that's all you travel for. And sounds like there's not much else there - no architecture or culture like in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Perhaps really just a place to find a wife as you suggest. Not to party your ass off and bang.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Quote: (01-09-2013 03:42 AM)K-man Wrote:  

Interesting report, and a true-to-form datasheet - respect!
However, disappointed to hear your CPN was ∞. Maybe on the next visit you will bring it down into the four digits.
Still outrageous is that's all you travel for. And sounds like there's not much else there - no architecture or culture like in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
Perhaps really just a place to find a wife as you suggest. Not to party your ass off and bang.

I think you are missing my point. Ekaterinburg as I mentioned is a hopping place with many clubs and distractions. Obviously it doesnt have the architecture r culture to teh extent of Moscow or St. Petersburg as they are bigger and more established, but there is plenty going on. As I stated in my original post, you would need a period of 2-6 months to get a real good feel for the place, go to the clubs and sample some of the local talent. My problem was not being there long enough but since I will be back there, I used this trip as laying the groundwork. I do have plans in the pipeline.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Hey, do you think is it easy to find an English teaching gig in Yekater.?
Do you think I can live a good lifestyle with 1300-1500usd/month(that includes apartments)?

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Sounds good to me too. Though I wonder if the girls are easier in Siberia or in smaller Russian cities. Not looking for a girlfriend or being serious with a girl on my first trip to Russia.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Great report, thanks for posting it Partizan. Did you feel at any time any negative vibe or even hostility from the locals when you were walking down the streets during the day/night? How about when you were approaching girls in the bars/clubs? Or when you were walking with your dates, did you get any hostility from the local dudes?

Spasiba!

I'm very much looking forward to making it there! Ekaterinbug definitely added to the list of our Russian/Siberian Odyssey for this coming fall!

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Quote: (01-09-2013 01:46 PM)avantgarde Wrote:  

Do you think I can live a good lifestyle with 1300-1500usd/month(that includes apartments)?

You're best bet would be to go with one or a couple of others of the private schools. The salaries are alot better though I would doubt you would be making that coin. Many of the private schools would be hesitant to employ you on the basis of the difficulty of acquiring a work permit.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Quote: (01-10-2013 02:33 AM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Great report, thanks for posting it Partizan. Did you feel at any time any negative vibe or even hostility from the locals when you were walking down the streets during the day/night? How about when you were approaching girls in the bars/clubs? Or when you were walking with your dates, did you get any hostility from the local dudes?

Spasiba!

I'm very much looking forward to making it there! Ekaterinbug definitely added to the list of our Russian/Siberian Odyssey for this coming fall!

No hassle or no hostility whatsoever. I didnt sense any at all. The cold weather kept many off the streets (also many out of town for the New Years holidays) and even in bars and clubs, people just didnt care when I approached girls. That said I went out of my way to ensure that I did not cold approach some dude's lady as I didnt want the trouble. Overall, the women were very receptive. They were usually in their own social groups and the best time to game was when they hit the dance floor or at the bar in a club. That said, the language barrier was a killer. I cannot stress how much of an importance that social circle is there.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Quote: (01-09-2013 09:30 PM)chochemonger1 Wrote:  

Sounds good to me too. Though I wonder if the girls are easier in Siberia or in smaller Russian cities. Not looking for a girlfriend or being serious with a girl on my first trip to Russia.

Girls are girls choche whether they are in the big provincial city or small town in Siberian Russia. Many have the conservative but naive village mentality as the city sucks them in from surrounding towns and villages. They are not the hard nosed sluts like their sisters in Kiev. They wont put out until they get to know you and are comfortable around you so my emphasis is to spend some time there and convince them that you are here for the long haul. You will be shit tested too the max as these dyevs have seen it all with the local guys and their carrying on. Once you pass through the assault course, you will have a ball.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:20 AM)Partizan Wrote:  

You're best bet would be to go with one or a couple of others of the private schools. The salaries are alot better though I would doubt you would be making that coin. Many of the private schools would be hesitant to employ you on the basis of the difficulty of acquiring a work permit.

I meant 1300-1500 after taking account the housing cost, i.e if salary+housing=1300-1500 or straight 1300-1500usd.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Quote: (01-10-2013 06:50 AM)avantgarde Wrote:  

Quote: (01-10-2013 03:20 AM)Partizan Wrote:  

I meant 1300-1500 after taking account the housing cost, i.e if salary+housing=1300-1500 or straight 1300-1500usd.

You would be doing very well to make that amount and that is before you factor in your accommodation, food, travel and utility bills.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

After reading Bang-Ukraine, Ukraine/Russian girl game is quite manipulative and extensive. As a newbie, what should I watch for Russian girl game and how should approach like what Roosh says in Kharkhov? When you were walking around did you see a lot of language schools?
"'Their Bull Shitomters are wired to the max. Dont try to mess around with them or they will fuck you over", what do you mean by bullshit meter, do you mean they bull shit a lot or do you mean shit test to the max? What do you mean exactly when they will fuck you over?
It seems like social cirlce is really important, so it is way better for me to make Ukrainian guy friends, then get them introduce them to girls they know?

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Quote: (01-11-2013 02:10 PM)avantgarde Wrote:  

After reading Bang-Ukraine, Ukraine/Russian girl game is quite manipulative and extensive. As a newbie, what should I watch for Russian girl game and how should approach like what Roosh says in Kharkhov? When you were walking around did you see a lot of language schools?
"'Their Bull Shitomters are wired to the max. Dont try to mess around with them or they will fuck you over", what do you mean by bullshit meter, do you mean they bull shit a lot or do you mean shit test to the max? What do you mean exactly when they will fuck you over?
It seems like social cirlce is really important, so it is way better for me to make Ukrainian guy friends, then get them introduce them to girls they know?

If you read Bang Ukraine, you will know what I am on about. Roosh got it pretty much spot on when it comes to Ukrainian women and 90% of what he said there applies to provincial Russian women as well. There are some minor differences but Roosh covers it all. Read the book to explore the UKR/RUS girl mentality.

I didnt try any day game but potential was there when I was eye fucked by a number of women in the street and also by taking a walk in Greenwich Shopping Centre just off Ploschad 1905 goda and ul. Vazhova. Most of the girls there are in pairs or three's but try to find a girl sitting on her own. They are very receptive and friendly but very few speak English. In clubs where I went to, the women too were very open but you need to know two important things, 1) Never game a chick with a boyfriend. That will cause major problems. You know why. 2) Girls are usually in groups in clubs or bars with other friends. The trick is to isolate them. I did this by hitting them on the dance floor. Bargame only works in the clubs. The good thing was I did not encounter cockblocking like I do when I am back in Ireland. 3) Get yourself into a social circle. I cannot emphasis enough how important it is. Social circle is king here and once you are vetted and accepted then you are good to go. Finally, learn Russian. I have basic Russian now but I hope to improve massively on it should I decide to make the plunge and move there.

Ekaterinburg Data Sheet

Time lapse video of Ekaterinburg:

"The great secret of happiness in love is to be glad that the other fellow married her." – H.L. Mencken