rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pouring yourself a stiff drink at the end of a long day

Pouring yourself a stiff drink at the end of a long day.

You see high rollers do this on TV/movies all the time.

Do you do this? I can't imagine people do this for the taste, so does it have any benefits? or is it simply a case of helping you loosen up a bit?

what beverages? Scotch? straight? on ice?

and how much? just a shot?

I'm not a huge drinker, but I've noticed that I sleep much more soundly after a few drinks. so I've wondered if this is worthwhile?

I prefer Scotch neat, but most people prefer it on ice. Experiment until you find something you like. If you don't really like the taste, you're probably better off going for a different method

the thing about a stiff drink is that its an acquired taste. most people do drink it for the taste so ice isnt even necessary. take gin for example, one of the highest concentrations of any liquor on average with a distict taste due to it being made from juniper berries. anyone who drinks that does it because they acquired a taste for it. vodka is pretty tasteless so no harm in adding ice, but whiskey especially the aged quality types are meant to be drank without ice as to enjoy the distinct flavor.(quality tequillas and rums are the same way).

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

I am at the point where I only drink when I'm out now. Wasted calories / kills my body's healthy regimen, etc. I'm 34 and juice, work out daily, eat healthy/natural, etc. Alcohol when I'm not on the prowl or on a date simply doesn't make sense. A rip off a bong would be way better IMO because it's not poisoning your body like alcohol and you can watch a documentary or some shit while you enjoy your high.

I only drink if I intend on getting drunk

I don't drink hard liquor any more. I do however drink one glass of wine every evening with dinner, on the weekends maybe two. That's just enough to loosen me up, without being bad on my health. Plus now i'm appreciating the hobby of wine drinking/tasting much more.

Completely agree with the posters above. I've always felt the only time to drink is when you're going out with the intention of having fun, getting laid, or both. Else it's just wasted calories.

I love me some Scotch, straight up. Ice dilutes the taste. I don't think there are any real benefits to drinking alcohol though, despite those studies that say one drink a day is good for you.

Try meditation if you want to relax.

after a stressful day a nice bourbon or a glass of wine can really take the edge off and help u relax and ur freaking out if u think 1 or 2 drinks is harming ur body

Nah, I'm happy with my one glass of wine per day. I really enjoy drinking this way, I trained myself not to binge on weekends and not to drink to 'get shit faced'. Each to his own though.

Nothing better than a nice Crown Royal Old Fashioned at the end of the day... Or a bourbon toddy before bed...

Nectar of the Gods.

Gin on the rocks if I'm drinking something straight.

Yeah, I know it's weird.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat