rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Reykjavik, Iceland - My 11 night venture

My first thought upon departure - what a crazy country. I've never seen so much concentrated debauchery as a socially accepted way of life before. I've been to crazier cities during a known celebration (i.e. Pamplona for the bull run), but Reykjavik is truly a remarkable city. It was myself and two friends, and here's my 11 night report. Warning, it's a bit long but I thought I might as well be overinclusive than leave some things out. Special thanks to Caligula for his great info during my time there (got to hang out a few nights too).

About us: I'd say we are three decent to good-looking guys. Myself (5'11, white, average shape right now [have really gorged myself and skipped the gym recently]) , Friend #1 (5'9, Persian, decent shape), Friend #2 (6'0, white, good shape). All early 30s. We had different girls compliment our looks at least once each throughout the trip, though it wasn't as if that happened every day. Also, I read Roosh's recent post about the Eye Contact Test on the last day of our trip and noticed it happening. We definitely had girls looking at us when we first walked into venues, so maybe we stood out as non-Icelanders.

Logistics/Other crap: From the airport take the flybus in to a spot nearby where you are staying. Can also take the Iceland Excursions bus from the airport too. Return you can do the same thing as its easy, cheap and there's free wifi on board. You can get SIM cards from the tourist shops on Laugavegur from Vodaphone. Make sure you have the right gear if you are coming in winter, can get cold and slushy and clothes are damn expensive out there. The city is so small you can walk it easily. Finally get and read a copy of Bang Iceland. I found it to very accurately describe the culture and everything else, with the exception of a few things (make outs, leaving early). Go to the blue lagoon, it's pretty cool.

Food: I really loved the food here. We tried out a bunch of things, and can recommend the following:

-Grill Market: best starter bread I've ever had. Get the monkfish entrée and the whale appetizer. Skip the lamb and horse.
-Fish Market: Monkfish here was good too, as was the whale. The smoked puffin appetizer I thought was very good.
-Sea Baron: Lobster soup is fantastic.
-Sushi Samba: Favorite meal of the trip. We got the Icelandic Feast menu plus the surf and turf roll and the foie gras roll. Also added some watermelon fries. Seriously absolutely delicious. Everything was fantastic except one course, the catfish. The whale is amazing. Watermelon fries? Ridiculous. Also attracts a lot of attractive girls.
-Prikid: Pretty good burgers
-Next to Gill & Sulfur (or something called that) there is the "best soup in town." Very good soups and free refills on the soup.
-Kex Hostel: By the bar area you can order food. Very very good food, the lamb, chicken and bone marrow were excellent.
-BBP (hotdog stand): Big disappointment. All I kept hearing was how it’s the best in the world, etc. I wouldn't even waste a meal here to be honest.

You can cook too, we did a lot of that after shopping at Bonus. Also, you can drink the tap water, just let the cold water run first so it gets out the sulfur from the hot water.

Culture: Holy fuck do they like to drink, but only on weekends. People get shitfaced here, as stated in Bang Iceland. But it's really something to see out in real life. Girls are wobbling, guys have no idea what's going on, people are falling, fighting, breaking glasses, it's insanity. I loved it.

Everyone speaks English and the girls are very friendly. Conversations will start easily but sometimes die out quickly if there is no chemistry. No issues with safety whatsoever.

The social circle thing here is absurd. Within my stay alone I started running into the same people over and over and over again. Crazy to think about it, but everyone knows everyone in this damn town.

Lodging: We got a three bedroom apartment near Lebowski Bar. If at all possible, I'd try to get a place between B5 and Austur. I lost a few afterparty opportunities because I was just on the outskirts of where people wanted to walk to. What's funny is the town is so small you are talking a difference of maybe 5 minutes max, but still I saw it was a factor. We paid less than $100/night for the place.

Costs: I'd say LA prices. Not anywhere close to Norway/Sweden which was a relief. But not cheap like EE either. Alcohol at the store is super expensive, meals out at nice places are expensive too. Buy as much alcohol as possible at duty free.

Guys: Interesting dichotomy they present. They don't really hit on girls, but their presence alone is a cockblock because of the damn social circle thing. Also when they drink they can get aggressive in both fighting and attempting to cockblock your efforts. Looks wise on physical traits nothing special, but their style is very well done.

Girls: Roosh describes it well in Bang Iceland. They span from all ranges from superfatties to supermodel types, but overall I was very impressed. One major point – THEIR SKIN IS AMAZING. I've never seen such an abundance of nice skin on girls in my life. Not sure if it’s the sulfur in the water, the lack of sunlight or what but I was repeatedly in shock during my entire stay there. This leads to an overall very consistently high score on the face scale. The sad part is a decent amount of them tend to carry some extra pounds, but their faces/skin makes the ones that look like they have some babyfat very bangable. Lots of light eyes, very white looking girls. My style so I was happy.

Personality wise I liked them. Very friendly and if they are interested in you they show it quickly but subtly. For example, they will invite you to walk with them, go sit down with them, etc. I actually found that after Brazil, this was the next quickest meet to make out culture I've been to. If she likes you, you can be kissing her within minutes (one of the small variations I noticed from Roosh's experience). However, no bang was had on this trip that started with a makeout at the bar/club.

And as mentioned above, they drink a shitload to the point of massive inebriation.

TIP: Beware of gold digging sluts that just use you for drinks. Only ran into this at B5, but they will straight up ask you to buy them drinks. DON'T. They will stick around for a few minutes and then go from guy to guy doing the same thing. In fact, I had more girls offer to buy me alcohol in general on the trip, moreso than any other place I've been to. So there is no reason to buy a girl a drink.

Also, you get hit with the social circle thing. She will know everyone everywhere. It's hard to work around but the two good things I noticed were that if she's into you, she will eventually come back or not leave you too far behind and, second, girls really don't cockblock here. They'll separate, leave their friends, one actually told me to go fuck her friend, and so on. If anything you may find competition from the girls on who gets to have you.

The girls generally do not like Icelandic guys. They think they are boring, scared to approach and overall lack the full package to offer. Reactions to cold approaches were usually the following: very welcoming leading to 5+ minute conversations (30% of the time), open and nice but convos would end (60% of the time), total blowout/end within 30 seconds (10% of the time). There are some bitches here though - I got a "go away" to an innocent question and Friend #2 got the shoulder/head turn and no response to an innocent opener.

Pipelining: Useless. I tried that einkamal site and it's all fatties or weird couples looking for BDSM.

Game: Mostly my standard American game, early kino. Tried to tone down the cockiness going off of previous members' advice. Be aggressive and nice and approach. I easily approached over 100 girls this trip. Friend #2 is an entertainment personality so he's very good at opening/rambling. He'd walk into many different groups of girls sitting and eating/drinking by themselves and get us in very quickly. Hardly got rejected actually now that I think about it.

My opener was always either "do you have a light" or "do you know what the best place is for tonight?" I'd try to ramble from there. I did notice that if they asked where I was from that usually went better than if I had to keep pulling teeth. They would always ask what I'm doing here and I'd usually respond with I'm here to try Puffin. I'd probably need a few more weeks to figure out the ideal game to bang, but those are some initial thoughts. The biggest problem you'll run into is either one of you being too drunk, or social circle interruptions. The girls here are pretty open to sex it seems.

Don't bother with numbers. It may seem like a last ditch effort but really nothing ever materialized with numbers, even if I had made out/brought a girl home but didn't bang. Even the guys who would give me their numbers to show me around or what not would be useless. Actually, and this is not a joke, it's much more likely that you will run into the girl again than her responding to your texts/calls. At least for me it was.

Daygame: No idea, I was dead hungover most days until I got to the night.

Nightlife: Endless amounts of bars and clubs. Other than a holiday/special night, it was very fruitless to head out Sunday to Wednesday. Everything happened on Friday/Saturday, but I'd still go out on Thursdays because you never know. Places close at 1 except for Fri/Sat which is 4:30-5ish. Those special nights they close at 3. 20oz beer pours were about 7-10 bucks and mixed drinks around the same. Here are some specific places:

B5: What an insane place. Small place majority of it is a dance floor. I'd say easily the top talent I saw in Reykjavik. Get there before 1:30 a.m. to avoid the mayhem that is the line. Seriously the line is ridiculous and since the smoking area is by the entrance it's a great place to go watch people killing themselves to get in. Watch out for the gold digging sluts that just use you for drinks. Do not buy a girl a single drink would be my recommendation. Lots of younger girls go here, and everyone gets shitfaced. Have to say it was my favorite place.

Austur: Like B5 but much larger, with a bit older crowd that is more jersey shorish and contains the coke/speed whores. This place was also a lot of fun just given the higher number of girls compared to B5. Also great smoking area that's covered. Easy to go bar, smoking area, dance floor, repeat. This was my second favorite place.

Dolly: New place, I was actually too drunk to recall what it was like. But my buddy pulled a solid 7.5 from here and I know others have pulled here too, so it must be good.

Prikid, Lebowski, English Pub, Hresso: Never really found these places to be any good. Popped my head in a few times.

Café Laundromat: Good place to go during the week, if you want to try and barge in on girls at their tables eating.

Kaffibarrin: This place is always busy and probably your best bet for the weekdays. But I really started disliking the crowd here. Very social circle and very hipsterish in the not so good way. Ended up there a lot early on in the trip then gave up on it.

10-11: Their version of 7-11 but this place goes nuts after the clubs let out on the weekends. It's seriously crazy in there, people are hammered talking to randoms trying to buy food, drinks, etc. Great place to go to try to pull the afterparty move.

The streets: Do NOT underestimate your ability to pull off the streets. Invite to an afterparty and go from there. It worked for us several times, I think we hosted 5 afterparties or so in the 11 nights we were there. We also ended up at two combined afterparties from street game. DO NOT GIVE UP UNTIL YOU SEE NOBODY LEFT ON THE STREETS.

Nightly Log: To give an overall idea of how it was like for 3 American guys in Iceland, I'll recap each of our nights:

Wednesday (12/26, closing time 3am): Arrive in the morning and apparently it is a special night in Reykjavik the day after xmas. Head out and meet up with Caligula at Kaffibarrin, very cool guy. We pull two girls to walk with us to Dolly and it gets a bit foggy for me. Friend #2 left around 1am with one of the girls we brought from Kaffibarrin, but apparently he was so drunk he fell over and she ditched him. Turned out great because she was a 6 at most, then he came back, met another girl outside Dolly at closing who took him to her house for an afterparty (very cute, 7.5 I'd say). He stayed up drinking till about 9am, they had arguments over Obama and Romney, and apparently her and her roommate fought over him, she won and he ended up hooking up with her and staying over. Myself and Friend #1 tried to get a bunch of girls to our place but didn't work. From outside Dolly to the late night eateries we got somewhat close but never was able to convince anyone to come by. If we lived closer to Dolly I think we could have done so.

Thursday (12/27, closing time 1am): Nothing much going on anywhere. We start at Vegamot where Friend #2 starts off chatting with two pretty cute girls at a table next to us. One was half Lebanese half Icelandic and the other was just normal Icelandic. Girls just came for a few drinks and left. We end up at Café Laundromat where Friend #2 barges in on a table of 7 girls. Chat them up, they are receptive and stick with us until closing when they leave. I drank a LOT this night as it soon turned out. On the walk back we see a group of guys and girls, start talking to them and somehow I'm arm in arm with one girl while the rest of the pack followed. We get everyone to the afterparty at our place, 4 girls 2 guys plus us. I end up making out with the original girl, then with another girl who had a boyfriend as one guy told us (and who later showed up). So I went back to original girl, all of us drinking a lot. Everyone leaves but I tell my girl to stay, get her in my room, naked and… fucking no juice in my rocket. I barely remember that part, after about 20 minutes trying to get myself going I just give up. Lost the bang, horrible. [Image: angry.gif] To demonstrate how drunk I was, the next day I had to ask my friend what she looked like. Right when I was about to say the only thing I remember was she was a tall black haired girl, he goes she was a short blonde. So fuck me for drinking too much, to the point where I had no clue what the girl looked like and lost what turned out to be a super easy bang I pulled from the street.

Friday (12/28, closing time 5am): Head out around 1am to Vegamot, again Friend #2 gets right to work on a table of about 6 girls or so. Myself and Friend #1 sit down, start chatting them up. One immediately grabs my hand and won't let go and I swear I could have made out with her within a minute. She tells me she is a lesbian and she wants a guy to fuck her from behind while she goes down on her friend. Probably trying to get a reaction from me but I played it cool. At this point, a very good looking girl just walks over to Friend #1 and asks if she can sit down next to him. They start chatting and everyone parts ways. Friend #2 goes back to the girl's house from the first night. Friend #1 stays with the girl that just came up with him and I leave with the supposed lesbian and her friends to Kaffibarrin. Eventually, I get social circle'd out at Kaffibarrin, and Friend #1's girl leaves him because she has a boyfriend and if she stayed she said she would fuck him. Sucks. End of the night I'm hanging outside Kaffibarrin and go to some afterparty but spent the entire time waiting to use the bathroom. Eventually gave up and went home.

Saturday (12/29, closing time 5am): We go to Austur and holy shit this place was going insane. Just quickly, during the night I saw several fights, a guy being literally carried out by two bouncers, people getting drinks thrown at them, etc. Go to smoking area and open two girls that are smoking and Friend #2 comes by to help. They immediately take to us. Unfortunately, it wasn't until my girl took off her jacket that I noticed she was way too thick. Having had some bad nights so far and the ease of which she was into me, my friend and I stayed with them for a bit (his girl was better so I also wanted to stay for that). We both had makeouts very early, sat at a table with them, etc. After about an hour we go outside and my girl is talking to some other guys and I see my escape route. So I start chatting up another girl, very cute with just a tiny bit of babyfat that makes her look even better somehow. She shows interest but then thick girl comes back. Had to decide whether to take the sure thing or go for the cuter one, and I just couldn't take the sure thing since I was much more attracted to the other one. Take the other one with me, we go dance, walk around, etc. Convince her to leave grab our jackets but then she starts looking for her friends and I lose her. At this point the club is closing and I just position myself by the exit until I see her again, grab her hand but now she is with her friends. One was EE looking one and one fatty with a kid. The fatty was actually great, she told me I should take her friend home and bang her. We leave, these girls are hungry and despite my pleas to just walk over to my place and eat, they stop at 10-11 next door which was ironically almost as good as the club. Drunk people everywhere at this convenience stores. Eventually get them to agree to walk back, and her two friends drop out and take a taxi home. Get my girl in my room, she won't take off her pantyhose and underwear and keeps saying she's on her period. I told her I don't care but she wouldn't relent and then passed out. In the morning she woke up and threw up twice and left. Never heard from her again despite her giving me her # and telling her to text me. Damnit, she was either too drunk or I found the one prude of Iceland.

Now the side story of all this is my other two friends were still walking around Austur. Friend #1 was dancing with 5 Russian girls but they started getting picked off one by one. Friend #2 was with our original two girls and the thickie was looking for me all night apparently. Anyway, my friends leave eventually and ended up pulling two girls off the street on the walk home from Austur. They start playing drinking games, and Friend #1 makes out with both girls and eventually one of the girls stays after an argument with her friend. They went straight to fucking, she was super horny and at one point screamed "You need to make me cum…right now!" Hilarious. They would just argue and fuck and so on. Psycho girl.

Sunday (12/30, closing time 1am): I don't take nights off on trips, and even though you would think this would be a good night to take off (after the weekend, before NYE), I still went out. Especially given my friends both got their flags, I was even more motivated. We all head out around 11 to find anything reasonable. Start at Lebowski and it's dead. Head over to Kaffibarrin where it's decently crowded. Make approaches and nobody is getting anywhere. After it closes I try a few street approaches but it is so bitingly cold that I couldn't stay outside and just gave up and went home.

Monday (12/31, NYE, closing time 5-6am): Started off at the church up the hill in town to watch the fireworks, crazy atmosphere. Lots of people out however there were a lot of tourists. It seems a lot of locals either see family for NYE or go to house parties. Afterwards we went to Austur again, and despite approaching everything in sight nobody really hooked anything. On the walk home, this girl comes up to me and starts talking about how we met and good to see me again. I go oh yeah at Kaffibarrin a few nights ago, she responded no we met at so and so place (don't remember). At this point I was pretty drunk, told them let's go afterparty and off we went. Us three, and her, 2 other girls and some random dude from another country. One of the girls was cute (not the one that snatched me), the other two were bangable but again thick per the country's MO. Get back, start drinking and I try to pull the thick girl that approached me to my room with no luck. They start to leave and the one cute girl stays behind for a few minutes and in an attempt to get her to stay I drunkenly yell out: "You should stay…we will all fuck you." Not sure if she understood it completely but she left after that. I got the # of the thick girl, but later on she was not responsive to text. I actually went out again by myself after they left (around 7am) to see if there are any stragglers and approached a few girls but nothing was taking, came back and crashed out.

Tuesday (1/1, closing time 3am): Friend #1 was sick so he stayed in, went out with Friend #2 to Austur. Everyone was super dressed up – dresses/suits. Not much going on really, though did have a few girls approach us (tall slutty looking girl) and was trying to game this one girl with a boyfriend and son. Long story short, nothing much happened here, went to Kaffibarrin where this hideous girl with a whale of a laugh was implying she'd have sex with me if I had weed. Thank god I wasn't that drunk. Left, tried to pull a girl off a street and got close, but then social circle intercepted. Went to bed.

Wednesday (1/2, closing time 1am): Only I went out, and it was dead. Came home after 45 minutes.

Thursday (1/3, closing time 1am): We all headed out, ended up at Dolly talking to three flight attendants from Iceland. For whatever reason I was drinking a LOT and got the most drunk of the entire trip. At closing one of them in response to my request that she should come and have a drink instead of going to sleep asked where I was staying. When I told her she said nah too far and jumped in the car and went home. Damn logistics. On the walk home friends stop and get pizza and I thought they had ditched me, so I went on a blitz approaching everything on the street. Apparently met some army girls from Norway and got their # but no afterparty. Then things get a bit blurry, but apparently I invited a 40 year old woman, two men with beards and a likely retarded Russian girl that wouldn't let anyone touch her massive hat she was wearing over to our place for an afterparty. Nothing happened other than my friends saying it was the worst after party ever. Given how drunk I got that night I decided that I should tone it down if I'm going to get anywhere this final weekend.

Friday (1/4, closing time 5am): We finally decide to hit up B5 and we get there about 1:15 am. Full on pandemonium, and filled to the brim with hot girls. Immediately upon entering we have a group of young girls with us, dancing, making out, etc. Spent most of the night with this one girl, only at the end to get cockblocked by social circle again (her ex was there, her brother's friends, and so on). Tried everything I could to get her back to my place until the point she thought I was stalking her, so I gave up. The Norwegian army girls texted me to meet up so I told them to come there having no idea what they looked like since I was so drunk the night before. They came, the vibe was good but couldn’t get them back to my place. On the way back we ran into three other Norwegian girls that were at B5 and they agreed to come over for afterparty. Fucking cunts went buckwild, spilling champagne everywhere and stealing a Viking hat we had. Friend #2 made out with one of the girls before mother hen went in for the swoop and leave move. Still we had fun and two were cute, and mother hen was bangable. Should have been more aggressive in just pulling girls into our bedroom.

Saturday (1/5, closing time 5am): Our last night out, and still no flag for me. Despite gaining like 10 pounds this past month I went with my #1 outfit in terms of getting laid and made myself fit into it. We liked B5 so much we went back there and got in just before 1:30. The line was INSANE afterwards, people clawing to get in as if the world was about to end. Within 5 minutes of being inside, I had a cute girl all over me to only find out she was using me for drinks. I bought her one drink and her friend tried to order herself shots which I had to stop her and tell the bartender no. Fucking bitches. Later saw the same cute girl making out with another guy, him getting her shots, then later another guy and so on. Complete users.

At this point it's almost 2:30 a.m. and I'm wondering if I should leave for Austur or stay or what. Go outside to the line and people are still going nuts trying to get in. I see the girl from NYE afterparty, the cute one that I told her to stay so all of us could fuck her. I go to the bouncer and try to get her in to no avail, chit chat with her then go back inside. Come out a few minutes later she eventually gets in and talk to her for a bit, etc. See the line outside again and I see vomit girl, the cute one I had in my bed earlier that week. Thinking that was my best shot, I go back inside to wait for her to get in. Here I run into the NYE afterparty girl again, start chatting and get some mild signs of interest. Eventually her friends come to leave and she says she wants to stay here. Nice. One friend stays with her however and now we all have to leave to go to some other damn bar.

We all go to this new bar and her friend gets denied entry (they are all 18 and have fake IDs). So now NYE afterparty girl and her friend and I are talking, and my girl says I'm going to go drop off my friend then I'll come back. I say great, I'll go with you. On the way to the car, her friend says she wants to keep partying ([Image: dodgy.gif]) so we all go back to my place. Thankfully her mom keeps calling her, so my girl says I have to take her home. Again, not wanted to leave her side, I say I'll go with you. We all go, she drops her friend off and we come back to my place. At no point did her friend try to cockblock. There I try to offer her a drink and she says she doesn't drink. I was shocked considering how drunk these girls get in Iceland. Go in for makeout, get into my bed and get resistance at the panty level. After about 20 minutes of both physical and debate based LMR countering tactics, finally get her to relent and we bang it out 3x. Have a great time, she has an amazing body being 18 and thin, and 5'11 to boot. Got my flag from the only sober girl in Reykjavik – go figure.

A quick sidenote on how small this town is. So this was our 11th night there, and just at B5, we ran into: the half Lebonese girl and her friend we met at Vegamot, the airline stewardesses we met at Dolly, the NYE afterparty girl, the vomit girl, one of the Russians from Austur, and some of the girls that approached us at Austur. And that's just what I remember.

Negatives: Overall I had a great time but this place is not without its negatives. First, it is expensive. Groceries are not really cheap and we were dropping about 60-80/each on those fancy dinners. Soups are 10-15 each. Alcohol is insanely expensive at the store ($50 for a 1L Absolute). Second, if you like the sun the winter is not for you. Can go a bit stir crazy I would imagine if you are a sun lover. Third, the girls are a bit lacking in terms of substance – there will be no great debates, no super affectionate relationships, no girls making you food and so on. I also highly doubt fidelity is something that is treated with respect here. Fourth the guys are aggressive when drunk and you may find yourself in a fight if you are not careful. And they like cockblocking you with their girls. Fifth, and this is coming from someone who absolutely loves thinness over everything else, there are a lot of thick girls here. Sometimes you think you have a thin girl only to see the fatness come out once they delayer themselves from all the winter clothes. The thin ones with the great faces tend to be bitchier and only give you a few seconds of your time. Unlike for example Ukraine where I think you CAN get the 8+ with some hard work, learning Russian etc., here I think you have to be very entwined in the social circle to get that. Finally, and this is important, this is not some magical place where you can fuck drunken white girls by just showing up. The three of us combined, for 11 nights, fucked 1 girl each. That's a lot of nights out and many many many approaches combined. You have to be ready to put in some effort. I will temper this however by saying the guys who lived there or visited often I think do better because they've calibrated their game already. I think VonAwesome was there a bit longer than me, so maybe he can chime in too. Caligula seems to have Reyk figured out pretty good.

Conclusion: That said, I'm going back to check out the summertime. I really enjoyed this Country as an overall whole and had a great time with the girls there. If the girls were universally thinner and it was a bit cheaper, it would be pretty hard to top this place...for me anyway.

Quote:Quote:

Then things get a bit blurry, but apparently I invited a 40 year old woman, two men with beards and a likely retarded Russian girl that wouldn't let anyone touch her massive hat she was wearing over to our place for an afterparty. Nothing happened other than my friends saying it was the worst after party ever.

Epic drunkenness. [Image: banana.gif]

Nice report and yes it does take work.

Do not return in the summer, that is when most of them travel to different places (Spain and NYC seems to be popular destinations). I also think you went at the very best time, well a better time would be for Iceland Airwaves and another festival which I cannot remember right now.

Just curious why you drank so much?
Did you check out that bar across from the 10-11?

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I know it is completely off topic but I am also interested in your drinking habits. Since we are of a similar age I am amazed that you can do 2 weeks solid on the juice.
Booze is my crutch and I cannot go out without it. I love getting drunk but I feel like it is starting to take its toll. It fucks up my sleep, makes me look like shit, and generally messes with my mental well being. It can also make me lethargic and too lazy to approach women if I go out the following night. My usual routine is weds - to Sat and even that feels way too much.
Out of interest Slabu how much are you actually drinking per night?

FYI I will drink about 2 or 3 beers and 2 or 3 double whiskeys. If its a big night then more.

Apart from that... great report. Surprised you want to go back though... seems like there might be easier places with prettier girls?

Quote: (01-07-2013 05:58 PM)Hotwheels Wrote:  

Then things get a bit blurry, but apparently I invited a 40 year old woman, two men with beards and a likely retarded Russian girl that wouldn't let anyone touch her massive hat she was wearing over to our place for an afterparty. Nothing happened other than my friends saying it was the worst after party ever.

Epic drunkenness. [Image: banana.gif]

Forgot to say they all thought I was the nicest guy in the world, because they had never been invited to an afterparty. Such a saint I am...

Quote: (01-07-2013 06:38 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Nice report and yes it does take work.

Do not return in the summer, that is when most of them travel to different places (Spain and NYC seems to be popular destinations). I also think you went at the very best time, well a better time would be for Iceland Airwaves and another festival which I cannot remember right now.

Just curious why you drank so much?
Did you check out that bar across from the 10-11?

I asked about that, and a lot of girls said they don't have money to travel (the younger ones) and also mentioned even if a bunch do travel, there are always still be people there.

I always drink a decent amount. Not sure why it affected me so much there - maybe it was those damn brennevin shots, who knows.

Which one? There are a bunch across from that 10-11 on that main street by the square. We checked them all out, nothing was as good as the ones I mentioned above.

Quote: (01-07-2013 07:04 PM)gadabout Wrote:  

I know it is completely off topic but I am also interested in your drinking habits. Since we are of a similar age I am amazed that you can do 2 weeks solid on the juice.
Booze is my crutch and I cannot go out without it. I love getting drunk but I feel like it is starting to take its toll. It fucks up my sleep, makes me look like shit, and generally messes with my mental well being. It can also make me lethargic and too lazy to approach women if I go out the following night. My usual routine is weds - to Sat and even that feels way too much.
Out of interest Slabu how much are you actually drinking per night?

FYI I will drink about 2 or 3 beers and 2 or 3 double whiskeys. If its a big night then more.

Apart from that... great report. Surprised you want to go back though... seems like there might be easier places with prettier girls?

I went 30 days this Fall in a row drinking, in Ukraine and other countries that last trip. My philosophy when I travel is to live it up to the fullest, and for me that's a combination of nightlife and banging. And drinking is the common denominator of those two. How many times will I be in Iceland? Who knows, so if I have to devote 11 of my nights to approaching, drinking and having fun I refuse to give any of those nights up. I only go hard back at home 2-3x a week though, since there are endless night to go out there.

I'd say this trip I had about 4-5 shots at home before leaving, and then maybe 2 more shots and a few beers while out. But I pour freely so don't have an exact measure and alcohol takes forever to absorb in me, which sucks. So what happens is when I leave the house I only have a mild buzz, so I drink when I'm out then all of a sudden it all hits and I black out. I rarely "feel" drunk when I'm out. Like slurring or falling over, etc. I actually go more towards autopilot with girls. No idea why I keep blacking out though, I feel like a goddamn girl saying that shit. I rarely ever drink to the point of vomiting though, and the whiskey dick thing hasn't happened to me in years so no idea on that front.

Some places leave me with this impression that makes me want to go back very badly. Iceland was one of them, Ukraine was definitely one of them, Warsaw (not Poznan) was one of them, etc.

To me, these girls are pretty. I am a big fan of skin, faces and white girls...and they were receptive to me. Kiev had more beauties walking around, and definitely a lot more top end, and they were thin, which is why I love that city too.

I remember being there years ago and exactly as you described. I got a lot of approaches and talking bla bla bla, but girls were SO shitfaced that it eventually went nowhere. I still remember one girl puking on another girl in a club while I was talking to her. I got tired of that shit real quick...not being able to find a single sober person. It felt like a college frat party...and I'm too old for that shit. Not to mention the girls were average at best. It's a long way to go for average drunken girls...who are too drunk to even realize what they are doing. That being said, I enjoyed the natural beauty of the country. Glad I went. Won't be going back. Been there done that!

slubu you sound like a buddy of mine. This particular buddy drinks so much that he ends up cockblocking himself. Early in the night, he does great with the ladies, but once he gets trashed, he starts getting too aggressive, obnoxious, and makes mistakes in logistics. On your next trip, limit yourself to four drinks per night, and I bet you'll end up scoring much more often.

Quote: (01-07-2013 11:59 PM)opening23 Wrote:  

I remember being there years ago and exactly as you described. I got a lot of approaches and talking bla bla bla, but girls were SO shitfaced that it eventually went nowhere. I still remember one girl puking on another girl in a club while I was talking to her. I got tired of that shit real quick...not being able to find a single sober person. It felt like a college frat party...and I'm too old for that shit. Not to mention the girls were average at best. It's a long way to go for average drunken girls...who are too drunk to even realize what they are doing. That being said, I enjoyed the natural beauty of the country. Glad I went. Won't be going back. Been there done that!

My experience varied a bit with part of what you said. The girl I banged was actually sober. Also, the quality was pretty high at the right places. Nothing will ever touch what I saw at a high end club at Russia, but B5 here rivaled some of the better LA clubs I've been to.

Quote: (01-08-2013 12:59 AM)The Duke Wrote:  

slubu you sound like a buddy of mine. This particular buddy drinks so much that he ends up cockblocking himself. Early in the night, he does great with the ladies, but once he gets trashed, he starts getting too aggressive, obnoxious, and makes mistakes in logistics. On your next trip, limit yourself to four drinks per night, and I bet you'll end up scoring much more often.

I actually never get aggressive, obnoxious or mistake logistics. The most I'll do is just not remember what I did, and lower my standards. I've also blacked out and woken up next to 7s, so it's not all bad. But that is less frequent than the other way around.

Oh and gents, don't worry about my drinking so much! I just like to vacation hard. My point in all these reports/sheets I do is to try and describe as much as I can so people can take whatever info they want. The countless ways this board has helped me...least I can do.

Great, detailed report. This all tallies with my experience. Slubu is a very cool guy and fearless approacher who knows what he's doing.

Rudebwoy: it's hard not to get caught up in the spirit of things and drink too much there. Did you just pace yourself? It would be really boring to stand around till last call dealing with all the shit otherwise. For the record at one point where Slubu says he was completely shitfaced he seemed perfectly cogent to me.

They don't really hit on girls, but their presence alone is a cockblock because of the damn social circle thing.

My last notch in Iceland the girl insisted on espionage-level discretion. She asked me to walk around the corner and wait for her. Just as I though she had disappeared, she turned up. We walked five-minutes to my place and banged. She then called her guy friend and had him pick her up 'from her girlfriend's place' to take her home to suburbia. Goes to show that if a girl really wants it, nothing will stop her. But you have to be very understanding of her need for discretion.

For example, they will invite you to walk with them, go sit down with them, etc. I actually found that after Brazil, this was the next quickest meet to make out culture I've been to.

I stopped going for the makeout at venues because of the social circle issue. Once you're making out with a girl, you're on her (guy) friends' radar and leaving discreetly becomes harder. There's also an attention-whoring element to it. I was queuing up for the toilets at Dolly and the girl in front of me asked me if I would kiss her. I obliged but then she evaporated and didn't want to talk again - like she was just checking if she still had it.

Do you think making out at the club cost you notches?

Beware of gold digging sluts that just use you for drinks.

B5 is known for young girls who are into meeting better-off, older guys. So they may hold back more than at other places. This also makes B5 a great place for 'selling the dream' game. It also means the hotness standard is higher, especially if you're into the polished blonde/tanned look.

They'll separate, leave their friends, one actually told me to go fuck her friend, and so on. If anything you may find competition from the girls on who gets to have you.

The main exception to girls not cockblocking much is suburban girls or young girls who need to split cabs, catch rides together, stay over at each others' places, etc. It's worth smoking out the suburbanites early on and adjust logistics accordingly (they're usually younger and often stick together - better to find out early than waste your time).

It may seem like a last ditch effort but really nothing ever materialized with numbers, even if I had made out/brought a girl home but didn't bang.

Did you try to set proper dates during off-days? If that failed it could have something to do with the time of year: most Icelanders have a lot of family commitments over Xmas. I've been on dates the day after a bang but come to think of it never after makeout or number without anything else.

Kaffibarrin: This place is always busy and probably your best bet for the weekdays. But I really started disliking the crowd here. Very social circle and very hipsterish in the not so good way. Ended up there a lot early on in the trip then gave up on it.

Looking at my narrow misses at Kaffibarinn it's safe to say that it's way overhyped. Go there if you're excited to experience the famous social circle cockblock first-hand.

They went straight to fucking, she was super horny and at one point screamed "You need to make me cum…right now!" Hilarious. They would just argue and fuck and so on. Psycho girl.

I banged a girl who pulled the exact same thing. Either it's a common trait or it was the same girl!

Have a great time, she has an amazing body being 18 and thin, and 5'11 to boot. Got my flag from the only sober girl in Reykjavik – go figure.

The sober lay achievement is hard to beat! [Image: cheerleader.gif]

A quick sidenote on how small this town is. So this was our 11th night there, and just at B5, we ran into: the half Lebonese girl and her friend we met at Vegamot, the airline stewardesses we met at Dolly, the NYE afterparty girl, the vomit girl, one of the Russians from Austur, and some of the girls that approached us at Austur. And that's just what I remember.

This is why your approaches aren't wasted even if nothing happens. Especially when you're staying for two weekends or longer. You build familiarity which may come in handy at last call one night!

Sometimes you think you have a thin girl only to see the fatness come out once they delayer themselves from all the winter clothes.

This is no joke, I'm scarred for life by secret winter fatties.

The three of us combined, for 11 nights, fucked 1 girl each. That's a lot of nights out and many many many approaches combined. You have to be ready to put in some effort.

It can be a grind, but if you like to party hard and get into the spirit of it's a lot of fun. It won't be much fun for the teetotallers or one-drink-per-hour players because things get so obnoxious late night and most conversation gets lame.

Slubu and his friends are way above average in terms of game and style, but still had to work for it. Quite a few local girls actively prefer foreigners, but you still have to contend with logistics, social-circle cockblocking and hard to predict mayhem that may come your way.

Because of the thickness issue the serious hotties (legitimate model quality, 8+) are in huge demand. But they're still part of the same culture and are by no means unattainable if you have your shit together.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Caligulia - I hear you mate, my wing was not a drinker so I had no choice but to pace myself. I also fall into that problem sometimes, whereby I am having a great time and keep on drinking. Slubu made it seem like he was an alcoholic but he got caught up in the good times.
Iceland is a great time to be had and should be on the list of most players on this forum. I have actually seen hotties in the bars by themselves, I even had one tall blonde stick her finger up my ass in a bar. The girls don't want to appear slutty to there men, so that is why so much is done on the downlow, some girls just don't care.
A co-worker was there last year with his friends, one guy in the crew got action everynight. One of the girls he picked up had a friend and she slept with two guys at the same time in the crew. She felt bad for them because they did not get there flags, mind you the pic I saw was not good.
The club I was referring to before is called hresso, usually featured on superman.is.

Our New Blog:

Sounds like a holiday in Greece. Those Scandinavian cultures are increasingly becoming a turn off for me... feels like the sort of place where if you do actually end up banging a girl she is probably a bit of slut. At least in Poland the girls make you feel a bit special.

@Caligula - please tell me the "You need to make me cum…right now!" girl was the same one, that would be awesome. Was her name Rachel/Raquel?

@redebway - I'm far from an alcoholic, I can go a long time without even a single drink. But Reykjavik especially lends itself to drinking and when I go on vacation my main point is to bang, the quickest way to bang is nightlife, and nightlife requires alcohol. Forgot who said this (on this board maybe) but the bang justifies the means.

@gadabout - yup they are all definitely slutty. In Sweden I got the idea the girls would just do all these crazy slutty things with their social circle. In Norway I was repeatedly told the girls are super easy. And Iceland well you know how it goes from what I wrote. Interestingly enough, I did not like Sweden that much, I liked Norway a good amount, and I loved Iceland. Iceland is like a smaller, cheaper Norway. Maybe that's why.

If there weren't so many Scandies in London I would have visited the place a long time ago. Just can't seem to find the motivation anymore.
At a bar earlier this month an Icelandic girl was backing me into a corner with her giant fur coat. I tapped her on the shoulder and told her she was making me feel claustrophobic. She turned around and my draw dropped when I saw how stunning she was. Her line was "move then". In a few seconds I went from making a mental note to go to Iceland to never stepping foot.

Quote: (01-09-2013 09:56 AM)slubu Wrote:  

@Caligula - please tell me the "You need to make me cum…right now!" girl was the same one, that would be awesome. Was her name Rachel/Raquel?

Damn, no. Would have been amazing if it had been.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Awesome report dude. I think I'm going to arrange a 10 day visit sometime soon. How pricey is it?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Quote: (01-11-2013 01:06 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Awesome report dude. I think I'm going to arrange a 10 day visit sometime soon. How pricey is it?

Going out similar cost to London, maybe slightly more. Eating out about 30-50% more expensive than London. Buying food retail about 20-30% more expensive. Booze, better bring your own from duty free because it's twice as much at the shop compared to London.

But you can get great deals on accommodation via AirBnB.

Quote: (01-11-2013 01:47 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Quote: (01-11-2013 01:06 PM)Teedub Wrote:  

Going out similar cost to London, maybe slightly more. Eating out about 30-50% more expensive than London. Buying food retail about 20-30% more expensive. Booze, better bring your own from duty free because it's twice as much at the shop compared to London.

But you can get great deals on accommodation via AirBnB.

Thanks mate, I'm from Manchester so London is expensive to me!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Touch down in Reykjavik Thursday around 11:30 pm and lift off to London Saturday at 4pm.

Plan is to party all of Thursday night, will be sightseeing and snowmobiling all of Friday, and Blue Lagooning Saturday morning.

So, for Thursday night, what's the best look for an all-nighter?

Sounds like Kaffibarrin followed by 10-11 may be the move: "This place is always busy and probably your best bet for the weekdays."

Would B5 or Austur be a waste of time?

I supposed we could power through for a Friday night outing as well and get our money's worth, but after not sleeping Thursday night and being out all day Friday, may prove to be an insurmountable physical challenge. Alternative could be rest up Thursday night and go hard all Friday night, recharging at blue lagoon saturday morning before the London flight.

Any recs?

Saturday night is a bit better than Friday night which is a lot better than Thursday night which is exponentially better than the remainder of the nights. I would plan that accordingly if you want to try and get laid.

Of the 3 of us that went on this trip, I got laid from B5, one friend from Dolly and the third from the street. Get a copy of Bang Iceland if you haven't already, it is pretty accurate on the culture/pick up style.

Quote: (01-07-2013 04:47 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Negatives: Overall I had a great time but this place is not without its negatives. First, it is expensive. Groceries are not really cheap and we were dropping about 60-80/each on those fancy dinners. Soups are 10-15 each. Alcohol is insanely expensive at the store ($50 for a 1L Absolute).

So you have not been to Australia then, prices here are the same as there, here the strong alcohol is very expensive, highly taxed, luckily we have had a glut of grapes and wine [quaffers] is now down to $3/bottle, and some imported beer is cheapish, $24/24 cans both thanks to ALDI being aggressive

Come to think of it, Australia is just a rip-off-joint, full stop!

Yours sir, is a VERY good and detailed report, God bless countries like this with low fun-police to break your balls etc

"Lifes about, shooting your load"

Basically you go to Kaffibarrin any night of the week except Friday and Saturday since it is the only place which has a reasonable amount of people (any other venue which does will often have the ration skewed 80%+ guys). On Friday and Saturday the best venues *to pull* are Dolly and Prikid. There are other niche venues which you may have to consider only if your logistics put you too far past either Laekjatorg (main square) or Hlemmur (bus station).

The exception is when an industry night or other special event is on. For instance Prikid has a Industry night once a month or so (from recollection) on a weeknight (Usually Thursday) which is insane and the ration is around 50/50 with good talent. At the end everyone stands outside and discusses which afterparty to head to.

If you are there, find out if this is happening! Ask the girls working at Reykjavik Backpackers if you need to find out.

I leave for Reykjavik tomorrow at 2pm, 5 day flag mission. Going to spend the flight tearing through bang Iceland. This post makes me excited, I'll try and keep my journal and make a post about my time there.

Good luck but this is the worst time to go, alot of them are on holiday.

Our New Blog: