rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New Orleans Mardi Gras

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Tentative trip mardi gras weekend. Fri-Wed. Staying at the W

New Orleans Mardi Gras

I'm there from 9th - 17th, will be on the piss mainly but happy to meet a wing for a night/day or two. Let me know.

New Orleans Mardi Gras

I will be there in a couple days, any have any advice?

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Well I will try to update this thread with anything interesting I find.

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Weather not looking so great Mon/Tue

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Last night in NO, to sum up mardri gras in once sentence so far would be.

Trailer trash during the day, ghetto trash at night

New Orleans Mardi Gras

The place really is a shithole. I will never go back.

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Quote: (02-15-2013 12:03 AM)BurnFirst Wrote:  

Were you there for Mardi Gras?

What happened?

New Orleans Mardi Gras

NOLA is great, as long as you stay away from Bourbon st. Hahaha

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Secret to Bourbon is treat it like a giant club with no place to sidle up to the bar except daiquiri and hand grenade shops. The street is the quiet part and in every club (they are all identical) it's the super loud dance floor.

Best game I've found is waiting until 2-3ish when everyone is good and drunk and approaching small groups with a wing, take them to frenchman or decatur or somewhere off bourbon, and going back to their hotel because they are a tourist.

If you try approaching walking sets before then, the density of people is so high you have a good chance of losing them in the crowd.

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Quote: (02-15-2013 12:14 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Quote: (02-15-2013 12:03 AM)BurnFirst Wrote:  

Were you there for Mardi Gras?

What happened?

Bad Oyster?

Voodoo Spell?

Took a wrong turn in the 9th ward?

New Orleans Mardi Gras

G- long story short, my iPhone got pickpocketed and when I tracked it down and tried to get it back I got sliced in the forehead from someone I didn't even see coming, and had to go to the hospital for stitches. Sure that could have happened a lot of places, but every single day someone tried to rip off or hustle us. I can handle myself in a hostile environment but that's not what I went there expecting; it was much worse than last time I was there. Granted that was a long time ago.

Don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people too but I'm not in a hurry to go back.

New Orleans Mardi Gras

I was there for a week and got no aggro whatsoever, couldn't believe how safe and friendly it was. Am used to Notting Hill carnival in London that is 1000x more dangerous/intimidating I was pleasantly surprised.

New Orleans Mardi Gras

You must have been lucky because I'm not the kind of person people fuck with, or who finds trouble. If Nottingham Hill is 1000x worse it must be a bloodbath...
We're you actually staying in the middle of the action? I was one block from Bourbon st.

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Quote: (03-01-2013 03:04 PM)BurnFirst Wrote:  

G- long story short, my iPhone got pickpocketed and when I tracked it down and tried to get it back I got sliced in the forehead from someone I didn't even see coming, and had to go to the hospital for stitches. Sure that could have happened a lot of places, but every single day someone tried to rip off or hustle us. I can handle myself in a hostile environment but that's not what I went there expecting; it was much worse than last time I was there. Granted that was a long time ago.

Don't get me wrong I had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people too but I'm not in a hurry to go back.

Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, there are pickpockets for sure on Bourbon. Late night. Girls.

I haven't heard of someone getting sliced there.

I have been in a scrap off Bourbon, well, cheap shotted from behind.

Had to Charge that one to The Game.

Kept the receipt though.

Where did you get sliced? Bourbon?

New Orleans Mardi Gras

I was a couple of blocks away on chartre. Was lovely.

New Orleans Mardi Gras

Quote: (03-01-2013 03:04 PM)BurnFirst Wrote:  

Treat NOLA like any central/south american city.

+ friendly people, good food, great partying, loose tourist women
- poor, lots of crime, crooked cops, lots of hustlers looking for tourists

I've met a few people who got iphones stolen on bourbon while they were checking their texts. Someone has a running start behind them, grabs it out their hands and keeps running.