rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do in my position?

I am a 40 plus year old dude stuck in hell (Toronto) considering my options for this year and the future.

My question is what would you do in my position?

A) move back to Europe
B) get job with airline
C) grind it out with corporate job and keep studying at night

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (01-04-2013 10:33 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

I am a 40 plus year old dude stuck in hell (Toronto) considering my options for this year and the future.

A) move back to Europe
B) get job with airline

Only move back to Europe if you can live in a place similar to Holland..the job prospect there is good compare to southern Europe.....Plus you can try to bang a Charlize Theron look alike.

Apply for airlines see what they offer you? and see if you like it, you can always quit.

Do not grind it out, only to raise capital to start a business.

If you are miserable, work on getting out.

In terms of ranking, I would say:

Aim for a job with the airline as number one.
Number two is start researching where in Europe you would enjoy and what you will do there.
If you cannot accomplish the top two, then your final option is to donate your testicles to Ottawa and grind it out in the corporate field.

I was working a nice job in Toronto but broke the fcuk out and threw caution to the wind. Every day I felt my balls receding further and further, the longer I stayed in that bitch azz city.
My situation now isn't that great but it will get better. Even as I play back alternate options, hanging back in Toronto hasn't factored in. I don't miss a thing about that city, even the cultures that I was exposed to prior to moving to Toronto seemed pussified once they enter Toronto for some weird reason.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Jerome - the airline is a dream job but it will not pay great to start. How much time will I get to fly even I get two weeks vacation a year. I do like dutch girls but can you tell me more about Holland in terms of housing costs etc?

Moma - well I could count on you for a response like that. Yes staying here is killing my manhood and this place gets progressively worst daily.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (01-04-2013 11:01 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Jerome - the airline is a dream job but it will not pay great to start. How much time will I get to fly even I get two weeks vacation a year. I do like dutch girls but can you tell me more about Holland in terms of housing costs etc?

Moma - well I could count on you for a response like that. Yes staying here is killing my manhood and this place gets progressively worst daily.

I said, try it out, see if you like it, there is no doubt it doesn't pay well, but its an easy job, with little responsibility...When I was in college I worked as a Ticket agent at the airport....its kool gig, pays little but it was fun job, alot of young girls work there.....social circle game. Yes its true you won't have time to travel due to the odd customer service hours you will be working, but you maybe able to use them as a way to transfer to holland....Apply for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, see what happens....

Do you have a college degree?

My friend lives there works for a dutch corporation, I visited him last summer, both he and his girlfriend are american, they love living there.....its expensive like NYC...but there are alot of corporate jobs, if you have a college degree especially in business...His girlfriend works for Legos......she love her job....the dutch don't work you hard in holland like american corps.....i was thinking about moving there.....

If you have good game, there are alot of hot blonde girls....also look at denmark, Copenhagen.

I think the important to weigh in is standard of living. These cities quoted sound good but how is it for making money? I wouldn't live in Holland at a certain age if all I was getting chump change even if I was fcuking blondes and brunettes from dusk till dawn. That's more like a college age kid's fantasy, being broke and fcuking, I mean.
Cos what do I do when I've bust my nut?
It has to be a balance.
Rudebwoy, maybe we'll hear from the European counterparts when morning come in regards to jobs and opportunities.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

i know what u mean about being stuck in a shit city u hate. it's ok when ur young but as u get mid 30's on its gets tough.

how good is the money in toronto? how much time u get off a year? you got any ties in toronto?

can u get a job good/money in europe?

Jerome - The job is more office (clerical) than customer service, so I won't be seeing any girls. I am in I.T which is boring but seems to pay the bills, I am also in the process of getting my PMP which I hope leads to more money and then hopefully more freedom.

Funny enough I looked at jobs in Amsterdam a few years back and they were paying decent, I was thinking of going back to dreary UK.

Moma - I am with you bro on the dollars, I need to be making a decent wage at my age.

Our New Blog:

Quote: (01-04-2013 11:20 PM)Moma Wrote:  

I think the important to weigh in is standard of living. These cities quoted sound good but how is it for making money? I wouldn't live in Holland at a certain age if all I was getting chump change even if I was fcuking blondes and brunettes from dusk till dawn. That's more like a college age kid's fantasy, being broke and fcuking, I mean.
Cos what do I do when I've bust my nut?
It has to be a balance.
Rudebwoy, maybe we'll hear from the European counterparts when morning come in regards to jobs and opportunities.

You have a good point...cost would destroy alot of opportunity.

Rudeboy,,,,its good you work in IT......every corporation needs an IT guy....

I guess a better question is to be ask? what kind of girls do you like?

and is it worth it to live in an expensive city for it?

Than again, your only young once, I would go where I could do day game, and there are a good ratio of attractive female....

Going back to UK is no point....UK is expensive also, lets here what guys from Norway and Netherlands have to say....

Interested to hear your angle with a Airline Position @Rudebwoy. I myself am looking into getting on with a Airline as a easy way to get advantages to travel around. My good friend worked for Delta and used it as a catalyst to travel across Europe.

This thread and forum does teach me that its never to late to get shit in order. I had no idea you were 40! Men have time on their side its just a matter of lining up the right opportunities.

Also I should mention Emirates Airlines is having a Employment fair in a few weeks in Toronto. I was initially interested but they are trying to keep folks in Dubai mostly and that can't work for me right now. But if your looking to jett off and escape Godless Toronto maybe it would be a good thing for you to look into.

Can you transfer to your clearwater office? Or work from home and move?

Kosko - my angle is that my boy works for AC and knows a lady in HR. For a young buck like you who is in school I would suggest station attendant (baggage handler) as a job for you, reason being is the flexibility. You can work very little shifts and still keep the perks of flying around the world for next to nothing. They are always hiring, so let me know when you submit your details and I will ask my buddy to talk to the lady. Once you get in, you know where WE will be heading.

El Mechanico - I got "let go" from that crappy ass company in September, I wasn't a company man and was pretty much vocal to the big boss despite me creating the biggest account in the department. All worked out for the best, working for a much bigger company for more dollars. You got any girls I can marry for a green card? joking

Garygroundwork - I wouldn't say the money is good in Toronto, you will have to go through alot of hoops to get good money here. Some big companies make you do anywhere from 4-6 interviews just to get a decent job. There is a reason why the thread for the oilsands is so huge. In terms of time off, you get two weeks to start compared to Europe where you get four weeks. I can get a job in Europe, personally I think the job market in the UK is easier than Canada. The problem I have is the quality of life is no way comparable but the girls make up for it. Catch 22

Our New Blog:

A) move back to Europe
B) get job with airline

I've been sending out applications/resumes to airlines. I've also contemplated going back to school for something (been leaning towards medical coding). The airline gigs don't pay great, but the benefits that come with the jobs are golden. Even if I could just do weekend Caribbean jaunts, it would be great.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

B) get job with airline

Doing what for the airline?

Quote: (01-05-2013 08:45 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

B) get job with airline

Office grind, nothing glamourous.

Perks - fly to Europe for $130

Our New Blog:

Quote: (01-05-2013 10:21 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Quote: (01-05-2013 08:45 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

B) get job with airline

Office grind, nothing glamourous.

Perks - fly to Europe for $130

Would you be making more money?

Move back to Europe, keeping studying at night, and pursue your dreams.

Quote: (01-05-2013 11:25 PM)temujin Wrote:  

Move back to Europe, keeping studying at night, and pursue your dreams.

I think this is the best answer or the one I wanted to hear. lol

Where you at now?

Our New Blog: