rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Exhaustive list of things you should be doing to improve your life

Thought it might be nice to compile a list of things ALL guys should be doing daily/weekly that various manosphere bloggers have written about. One of my goals of this New Year is to create 10 new, beneficial/productive habits that stick with me to next year. This list can be exhaustive and even obvious things just so we all remember to do them. I also don't want it to be lessons necessarily, moreso a list of things you can actually DO so guys can take this and run with it (ie do more research.

If this list exists already in some form, just link me to it and we can close this thread.

Bigger Things:
  • Learn Game
  • Strive for excellence at your job
  • Lift (be it 5x5, starting strength, whatever)
  • Eat a paleo diet (or at least cut out grains and sugars)
  • Implement a productivity system that works for you (Getting Things Done, etc)
  • Read daily
  • Get a decent mattress, you sleep on it 1/3 of your life
  • Journal weekly
Small/one-step things
  • Take Fish Oil
  • Take Vitamin D
  • Take a Multivitamin
  • Download and use F.lux
  • Take a shot of apple cider vinegar daily
  • Use baking soda for deoderant
  • Switch from disposable shavers to a better razor (safety or straight blade)
I'm sure I missed a ton, so I want will update as more people post/contribute. Again, if something like this exists if you could link me that'd be great.[/b]

There's no way you're going to get a completely exhaustive list here, because people have differing opinions on some things, some habits are opposed with eachother, and there's simply too much one "should" or "could" be doing to improve themselves for anyone to actually do every day.

That said,

Zinc.

Strive to get rid of fear. Do something that scares you as often as possible, be it approaching or skydiving. Learn to actually not give a fuck over things that don't really matter.

Dress like a sharp motherfucker, as much as your means will allow. You'll get more attention from both men and women, and you'll feel like a champ. Inner game is huge, and not just when it comes to attracting girls.

Get enough sleep, every night if possible. This affects everything else you do. Don't play catch-up.

Learn a new language. Besides the obvious benefits, it gets your brain working in new ways and makes new connections. helps you think more quickly.

Find a mentor, or at least a peer who can teach you something new. Find somebody who has accomplished something you want to accomplish, either with women, or business, or anything else. Ask them how they did it, and pay attention. Trust their word over keyboard jockies and armchair haters who tell you what is or is not possible.

Do what makes you feel good, and makes you feel like you're doing good. That's really the most important principle underlying everything else.

The two single most important things you can do to improve yourself IMO are-

- workout
- dress well

Everything else is a drop in the ocean IMO except career stuff maybe.

Get some style and learn how to dress properly.

Keep your grooming and personal hygiene in check.

Don't let people drag you down with their negativity.
Learn to deal with it or how to tune it out.

You'll know in your heart if something just isn't right with your mind.
Fix your mental problems early on. See a professional. Very least buy
a book on psychology or psychiatry and help yourself.

Go out of your way to talk to women everyday about anything.
Eventually you'll be able to read them and pick up the "I wanna fuck you"
vibe that so many guys are clueless on.

Take a public speaking course and conquer your fear of speaking in front of people.

Learn how to argue properly or even better ...learn other ways
to resolve conflicts.

Learn how to be persuasive and get people to do things for you.

Make peace with your past and don't let it ruin your future.

Don't hold onto resentment. It will eat you alive from the inside.
Once you're done being angry, just let it go and move on.

Team Nachos

I suggest establishing a schedule, at least for weekdays/nights you don't go out. It's easy to be overwhelmed or inconsistent in the application of these ideas without a framework to structure your day. Last year, I resolved to start learning Spanish, cooking for myself, getting 8hours of sleep every night, and eating three meals a day. It's pretty hard to do this and get to work by 8:30am without a certain rigor in getting to bed by 11. From this, it naturally follows to schedule other important things too, so they don't get omitted when you accidentally spend 3 hours in front of the computer.

Spend 5 minutes each day reflecting closely on the actions and decision you made that day. How did you actions impact your short/long term goals? Did you move closer or further from the life you have imagined for yourself? Is your life going to be better tomorrow because of what you've done today? Be completely honest with yourself. That doesn't mean be self defeat, however. If you accomplished something important, than make sure to give yourself a pat on the back. If you moved further away from your goals, tell yourself that was not acceptable and work to fix the errors you made.

This type of intense self reflection can be mind opening. At first, it's hard to be honest with yourself. The truth is hard to take sometimes, but this type of self reflection has led me to powerful revelations about myself, about my strengths as well as my weaknesses.

This thinking is best done at the end of the day, with no distractions. This isn't "on the car drive home" or "I'm in the shower" type of thinking.

~Read the most acclaimed book ever written that is in direct opposition to your Political view.

~Read the most acclaimed book ever written that is in direct opposition to your Religious view.

Next time you debate someone you can either bring up their best champion and skewer their position before they get a chance to entrench themselves in it. Alternatively, you can wait for them to bring it up and ambush them with a more than passing knowledge of their position.

Check out Pimp Game, Picking Up Strippers, The Fun Way!, Weaponized: Add Cold Reading to your arsenal! and Tarot Game.

Game isn’t what I use to get what I want out of women.
Game is what I use to get what I want out of life.

This is a good thread, so I thought I'd bring it back.
I have a few things:
- Hit the gym. It's always worth the time, effort, and occasionally the money. There's no better feeling than loading up an insane amount on bench and maxing out when you didn't think you could do it. The endorphins you release are a better high than anything else you can do on a regular basis.
- Keep a journal. Personally, I think about a lot of things that I cannot say out loud, mainly because I don't want to seem like an arrogant prick. But writing it down is a way of letting it out. If you go back and read old entires, you can also watch your process, and that can be pretty satisfying.
- Have at least one really good friend, some guy you can shoot the shit with. It's good to have lots of friends, but there should be only one or two that you know for certain will have your back.
- Get laid at least once a week, if possible.
- Take a day off, and do dick all. I'm in a job that has no set hours, and I've tried hammering out things day after day until I'm done, but all I do is end up wearing myself out. If I take one day a week to do nothing, if gives me something to look forward to, and gives me a chance to recuperate.
- Talk to people. Anybody. Girls, guys, old people. Talk about anything.
- Drink a ton of water. You'll feel full, and the constant need to get up and take a leak will prevent you from falling asleep at your desk.

I also do ACV and zinc every morning, and it does make a difference in the sack.

'Logic Over Emotion Since 2013'

What's the deal with F.lux? Is it really that great?

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

-Take a long trip abroad alone. 3 wks or longer is best. Go for location(s) that are off the beaten path and will push your boundaries. You will grow as a man if you travel the world alone.

-Read critically. Don't just read through a book; underline thought-provoking passages and make notes in the margins. If you think of something relevant to the passage, write it down in the margin. If you find holes in the author's logic, write them down in the margins. This forces you to build on what you've learned from the book.

I've got the dick so I make the rules.
-Project Pat

F.Lux automatically dims your screen so it's more like a reading lamp instead of bright daylight intensity. This causes your body to feel tired when it's supposed to, thus counteracting the chronic sleep deprivation which is almost universal in the modern world.

Quote: (03-06-2013 03:24 PM)Ovid Wrote:  

F.Lux automatically dims your screen so it's more like a reading lamp instead of bright daylight intensity. This causes your body to feel tired when it's supposed to, thus counteracting the chronic sleep deprivation which is almost universal in the modern world.

Cool might give it a shot.

I usually read for an hour in fairly dim light before going to bed and only have problems with sleep if I've been drinking.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Quote: (01-02-2013 08:08 PM)apoclater Wrote:  

[*]Lift (be it 5x5, starting strength, whatever)
[*]Eat a paleo diet (or at least cut out grains and sugars)

serious question: do you even lift?

Some really good advice in this thread!

A few thoughts from the back of my head.
  • Keep on learning new skills
  • Keep on challenging the status quo
  • Keep on playing and having fun
  • Keep on exploring
  • Keep on doing things with your body
  • Keep on doing things that scares you

bust a nut wit tha girls. Make fuckin shitloadz of scrilla. Use gizoogle translator if you wanna be phat

Buy the book Spanish Verb Tenses by Dorothy Richmond and do all the exercises in it.

I've bought many expensive Spanish-learning programs over the years that fall short of this book's content.